8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

17 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I’m not here to dunk on the team for losing the last two. At least the boys are trying. I still believe that moves should have been made for next year instead of this year. 

I'm just glad they're trying too! Yay!

1 minute ago, wegner said:

No reason to make the game fucking interesting Vaughn,  This offense is just damn atrocious.  I do not remember seeing any team hit into so many double plays.

Just because it's what I do, the White Sox are actually 8th in MLB in double plays grounded into per game. Potential playoff teams that have hit into more include Torotno, Minnesota, and Milwaukee.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Just because it's what I do, the White Sox are actually 8th in MLB in double plays grounded into per game. Potential playoff teams that have hit into more include Torotno, Minnesota, and Milwaukee.

That statistic is shocking to me, and thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Sox will finish with 82 wins and the difference will be that they didn't bring in 2-3 WAR regulars at RF and 2B, like everybody fucking begged.

I would argue that Giolito going from above average to below average made just as big of an impact 

Just now, fathom said:

I would argue that Giolito going from above average to below average made just as big of an impact 

Giolito did affect but every 5 games, the 2 nd base and RF holes affected every game as position players.  We also had Keuchel sucking at the beginning of the season.there were a myriad of bad factors.

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

LOL, how dare they not plan for an 84 -85 win season.

Smart FOs never assume that on whole the squad will play to their projections. They work night and day to cover worst case scenarios because this is real life, not a projection. The Sox just assumed Eloy would put up 5 WAR, Moncada would stay healthy, Robert was a 7 WAR MVP and so on and on and on. 

Well guess what -- if they had planned for a scenario like this they'd still be in a great position. But, a failure to plan results in failure usually.