8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

The momentum the Sox garnered after the first two games has now been flushed right down the toilet.

What can you do? That's the story of this season.

The gap between a legitimate "World Series contender" and the White Sox appears to be as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Sox will go into Cleveland 2 1/2 games back (Cleveland is off today). 

It's a make or break series, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Yeah, those 2 wins against Houston were fun but I have a feeling Cleveland may come to town and bring this team back down to earth.

It's Lynn, Cueto, and Cease against McKenzie, Bieber, and Civale. It's hard to see either team sweeping the other one with those pitching matchups - Saturday seems evenly matched based on what people have done this year, Friday favors Cleveland and Sunday favors Chicago on paper. 

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

My favorite part about this series was the delusional posters who after two games were like “You know what we’re actually a bad match up for the Astros if we see them in the postseason”

like get the fuck outta here

Except we took two games from them, so that's not too far from the truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Pretty sure they felt that way internally at the deadline, just decided to not run fans faces in it like Jerry did 25 years ago. Explains why they did nothing beyond a minor backup catcher for LH reliever trade at low salaries.

Regardless, the wild card is also in play if we don’t catch Cleveland.  Staying pat at the deadline was a blunder.  Aren’t we supposed to be a major market team?

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Regardless, the wild card is also in play if we don’t catch Cleveland.  Staying pat at the deadline was a blunder.  Aren’t we supposed to be a major market team?

Depends on your definition I guess.

Some claim that because the Sox share a market with the Cubs they aren't. Historically ownership hasn't considered them as such based on payrolls among other things down through the years. At times they appear to want to "go for it" but most of the 40+ years they have acted more like a middle market club in my opinion both on and off the field..

Just now, RibbieRubarb said:

I’d rather have my announcers possess a semblance of positivity with the team instead of the dark, abyss of despair that seeps from this forum anyday.

There’s also another line somewhere in between to feed your broadcast… realism.