8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

If anyone is wondering if this is the worst lost in franchise history, it actually isn't:

May 10, 2002 - It was one of the worst defeats in the history of the franchise. On this night in Anaheim the Sox got obliterated 19-0 against the Angels. Danny Wright, Matt Ginter and Mike Porzio were the pitchers the Angels clubbed apart. Wright gave up eight earned runs, Ginter two and Porzio six.

May 21, 2009 - The White Sox tied the team record for worst defeat based on run difference in their history, when they were annihilated 20-1 by the Twins at U.S. Cellular Field. The 19-run difference was first set on May 10, 2002 in Anaheim. Bartolo Colon, Lance Broadway and Jimmy Gobble gave up all the runs. Colon at least had something of an excuse…of the eight runs he allowed, seven were unearned!

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As a broadcaster myself I can see your point of view but I also subscribe, and this is how I call a game, that you lay the facts out for the fans, especially if you think they are knowledgeable (and I think Sox fans are), they want the truth as painful as that can be. Again just my opinion.  

I understand that...my point was to they can't be the pit of horrors that is this forum during games. Where a strike call is the end of the season.

51 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If anyone is wondering if this is the worst lost in franchise history, it actually isn't:

May 10, 2002 - It was one of the worst defeats in the history of the franchise. On this night in Anaheim the Sox got obliterated 19-0 against the Angels. Danny Wright, Matt Ginter and Mike Porzio were the pitchers the Angels clubbed apart. Wright gave up eight earned runs, Ginter two and Porzio six.

May 21, 2009 - The White Sox tied the team record for worst defeat based on run difference in their history, when they were annihilated 20-1 by the Twins at U.S. Cellular Field. The 19-run difference was first set on May 10, 2002 in Anaheim. Bartolo Colon, Lance Broadway and Jimmy Gobble gave up all the runs. Colon at least had something of an excuse…of the eight runs he allowed, seven were unearned!

I was there today. I was there in 2009. :(

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

We played the Astros tough for 3 out of 4 games. I don’t think you can expect to keep them down forever. Today is just one game and don’t mean nothing at first pitch tomorrow 

You have to be a robot. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Fun fact - I stayed for the entire 19-0 game in 2002 in Anaheim.  I did a lot of laughing that night and can still remember exactly where I was sitting for that game. 

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

One of those games where the ball moves a couple inches this way or that and the Sox scrape by with a win.

Lol - c’mon, man… no one is scoring 3 touchdowns because of a couple inches here and there 😂

I was at the 2009 game. Had just graduated high school a week prior. Good times.

I was at that Twins game in the bleachers. When the Sox finally scored that lone run the few of us that were left erupted into the most sarcastic cheering.

10 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The VV experience should end this evening as well.  Foster was pitching acceptably as a back end guy.
The Voros era analytics need to go.

I agree another bad signing by the G.M. Three or four million more dollars wasted on a guy who career-wise was mediocre at best.

I don't understand the Sox philosophy in signing these type guys, it's like they are always hoping to catch lightening in a bottle. That doesn't happen very often.

Esteban Loaiza and Johnny Cueto don't come around very often where the Sox hit the jackpot. 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I agree another bad signing by the G.M. Three or four million more dollars wasted on a guy who career-wise was mediocre at best.

I don't understand the Sox philosophy in signing these type guys, it's like they are always hoping to catch lightening in a bottle. That doesn't happen very often.

Esteban Loaiza and Johnny Cueto don't come around very often where the Sox hit the jackpot. 

Before Vince went IL I thought his stuff was jumping and he could be coached up to a useful level.  Now, less movement and no control. But it coulda been.  So I wouldn't call it a bad idea to try, even if it failed.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Catching Lightening in a bottle has been an objective  ever since Reinsdorf lucked out with Ellis Burke.