Great game

bmags

5 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Cleveland about to put us to bed here the next 3 days.

It's certainly possible but the only thing consistent about the 2022 White Sox is their inconsistency. They can lose all three badly...they can also somehow win all three (although I wouldn't bet on that happening)

This team is horrible because Hahn drafted poorly and traded poorly.  And on the subject of today's starter - once Giolito couldn't cheat anymore, he totally fell apart.  Can't wait until he's gone next year, thank G** sox did not give him a big fat contract.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Green Line said:

This team is horrible because Hahn drafted poorly and traded poorly.  And on the subject of today's starter - once Giolito couldn't cheat anymore, he totally fell apart.  Can't wait until he's gone next year, thank G** sox did not give him a big fat contract.

? They're all cheating again. Not with spider tack but they're all using traditional sticky substances again, the league is quietly allowing it

My thoughts are the same as they were when I looked at the lineup. If they aren’t fully healthy they aren’t competitive with top level AL teams. If Anderson and Robert get healthy and everyone else stays healthy, I still think they are offensively capable of being dangerous. When you have Pollock leading off and Romy batting ninth with Harrison and Gavin down there too, it’s not enough talent in the order.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

My thoughts are the same as they were when I looked at the lineup. If they aren’t fully healthy they aren’t competitive with top level AL teams. If Anderson and Robert get healthy and everyone else stays healthy, I still think they are offensively capable of being dangerous. When you have Pollock leading off and Romy batting ninth with Harrison and Gavin down there too, it’s not enough talent in the order.

Just to remember, the Astros have lost Brantley for the season, Diaz went out this series, and McCullers just came back from the IL from the ALDS last season.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just to remember, the Astros have lost Brantley for the season, Diaz went out this series, and McCullers just came back from the IL from the ALDS last season.

We all know the real difference is depth. True title contenders in 2022 build a team where you have ridiculous talent coming off the bench. Look at the way LAD and SDP keep acquiring top tier talent, the way NYY and BOS used to do and still do to a certain extent. Meanwhile the White Sox rely on a plethora of AAAA talent as the second line, and they cannot offensively compete when they have any injuries.

That all being said, I still say if all the pieces happen to stay healthy for the last few weeks you could see an incredible run.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

This is why you should never make plans to go to a baseball game until the day before the game. After blowing the chance to win yesterday's game, you just knew the Astros would mop up to tie the series in the day game right after the night game.

Pity to those who paid regular prices to watch that in the Cell. Frankly if the Sox win the division, that's the type of game we'll be seeing in the playoffs. As we've said a million times, this team is sooooo flawed.

Even if we get Robert back, Elvis balls out, and somehow Katz stops Gio's bleeding we still don't win this division. Watch the two managers this weekend. Francona will embarrass the HOFBP all series. There's a reason Cleveland kicks our ass and it's not the talent on the field. Give Francona our lineup and he wins this division going away.  

10 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Wasn’t Gavin 4 for his first 4 today?

Most well balanced team can actually put 4-6 lefties in the lineup . While Sheets is a real threat at home he has been putrid on the road.

Our best hitters against RHP by OPS Are Vaughn , Abreu, Eloy and Zavala, all RHH . Eloy and Zavala have had 121 and 101 AB's respectively against RHP. Zavala K % vs. RHH is 35%

Robert only has a .727 OPS against RHP . Sheets is .728 including how bad he has been on the road. .925 at home , only .453 on the road.

Moncada .581 OPS v RHP

Grandal .491 OPS v RHP

Leury .525 OPS v RHP

After Harrison's .709 OPS against RHP  the rest of the Sox top out at .686 OPS (Anderson).

11 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

But most teams have players out a week or a month or the rest of the year. Also, there will be additional injuries short term or rest of year for the rest of the season. So the teams that are able to play through attrition and survive will make the playoffs. Those with not enough depth to cover the losses will falter.