1. 1. Which Starter Will The Sox Sign/Acquire

• Ismael Valdes
    • Robert Person
    • Jeff Suppan
    • Colon
    • Vazquez
    • None
    • Other

I think they'll end up getting Person or Valdes.

Yeah, i think its gonna be one of those two. It just depends which one is cheaper. If KW was smart he'd get two veteran starters. That would give us 5 guys who should pitch at least 190 innings and with our (should be good) bullpen we would win a lot of games.

I'd be all for 2 veteran starters, especially considering that it would probably cost something like 750k a piece, which is only 1.5 mill.

Even JR's cheap self can afford that. Of course, maybe he really is holding out for Colon and hey, it could turn into a real good thing cause Colon's value has continued to drop.

The more i think about it the less i like the idea of trading for Colon. We will give up something good for him (ie. Joe Crede or Carlos Lee + cash) and we'll only have him for one season. I rather see KW get 2 veteran starters and keep who ever he would trade, then have Colon for one season.

The more i think about it the less i like the idea of trading for Colon. We will give up something good for him (ie. Joe Crede or Carlos Lee + cash) and we'll only have him for one season. I rather see KW get  2 veteran starters and keep who ever he would trade, then have Colon for one season.

Well, I believe if we dealt Lee and nothing else, it would be well worth it, but I'm really starting to think he can be had relatively cheap, as in Lee straight up or even just a couple middle of the level prospects. No one like Crede or Rauch or Borchard.

If we were to move Lee, I wouldn't be totally against it if we got Colon, although I see Carlos blossoming into a real real good player this season. I really got to hope the Sox get things together this year and fans come out and JR can expand the payroll a bit next year. I do believe if the fans came out (Which will happen if they win, etc), and the Sox make the playoffs, things could just be right where we want them as Sox fans.

Remember, now we have a better pitching staff then in 2000, and more of our younger guys are ready.

If we just give up Carlos then i'd do the deal, but i still think the 'Spos would want more and if we have a choice between Colon or Vazquez, i'd rather have Vazquez.

If we could get Vazquez for someone like Liefer and a mid level prospect (or at worse Hummel or Harris) I'd definately do it. I really think this is an odd year and players don't have the value everyone thinks they do. If they make money, they can be had relatively cheap.

Guest hotsoxchick1

none of the above......do you honestly think were going to get someone good when they are still talking to ritchie.....come on get real........ :fyou kenny williams

Of course any sox fans would want Colon. Either Vazquez and Person would be good additions. Somebody not on the list that can help us is Rick Helling. He can eat up innings and be effective as well. Hey how about getting 2 veteran starters, this move will make our pitching solid.

As usual this is just hopes and wishes. I believe we are not getting anybody unless KW do something. I dont want to put my hopes bcoz I am tired of being disappointed.

Yeah I think Helling is a good option to go that way. Like I said 2 veterns starters should be good enough to take us to the playoffs and who knows what will happen next, we just need to get to the playoffs. Ponson is going to be a good pick up also. If we get Helling and Ponson, our rotation looks promising with Buerhle, Garland, Wright and Rauch on the wings. If I recall KW wanted Ponson last year, so if we would make an offer, who will be our bait?

Yeah I think Helling is a good option to go that way. Like I said 2 veterns starters should be good enough to take us to the playoffs and who knows what will happen next, we just need to get to the playoffs. Ponson is going to be a good pick up also. If we get Helling and Ponson, our rotation looks promising with Buerhle, Garland, Wright and Rauch on the wings. If I recall KW wanted Ponson last year, so if we would make an offer, who will be our bait?

Thats the thing, from what I can see, the only thing that would make sense is Lee, and I don't know if I'd deal Lee for Ponson, because I believe Lee is on the verge.

I do think we could try giving them Willie Harris back (They are supposed to be trying to trade Hairston), but after that I'm not exactly sure what they woudl be interested in doing.