Very Very Dull, but not surprising.

spataro51

This offseason has been one of the worst offseason's for the sox that I can remember. We have barely made it into the headlines at all and the cubs are getting 97% of the media and news coverage. This offseason I have seen a very uncommited front office that is standing around doing nothing. We have yet been involved in any good talks with anyone. Heck we can't even sign our own pitchers to deals so what makes everyone think we can sign other peoples pitchers, . As far as trades go I am VERY PISSED! we should of been in the hunt for everyone out there, millwood, ortiz, even colon(he won;t be comming our way when he is traded). We had many opportunities to improve our club and we didn't! It just shows that the white sox are not commited to winning anything, they just do enough to keep you interested. We have some offseason left and hopefully kw and reinsdork and come to their senses and realize that we almost have a winner but we need some final pieces in the puzzle, before the puzzle breaks up.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yes this off season has sucked royaly......i have worked too many hours.. i quit smoking...i have given up soda... started working out at the gym.....and im headed for a break down soon if something doesnt go right.......

yes this off season has sucked royaly......i have worked too many hours.. i quit smoking...i have given up soda... started working out at the gym.....and im headed for a break down soon if something doesnt go right.......

Stock up on Prozac and Xanax now HSC..... it ain't gonna get any better with JR and KW in charge of things.

Of all the things that have went on this off season in baseball what upsets me the most is that an 18 game winner gets traded for next to nothing and it seems like Kenny and jerry and to busy stroking eachother to even notice that Millwood was even on the mark. I mean WTF did atlanta get for him some back up C who wouldnt even start over mark johnson makes you really wonder what the hell these two numbnuts are doing running a baseball team my f***ing 3 year old son could do a better job.

The Godfather

Of all the things that have went on this off season in baseball what upsets me the most is that an 18 game winner gets traded for next to nothing and it seems like Kenny and jerry and to busy stroking eachother to even notice that Millwood was even on the mark. I mean WTF did atlanta get for him some back up C who wouldnt even start over mark johnson makes you really wonder what the hell these two numbnuts are doing running a baseball team my f***ing 3 year old son could do a better job.

The Godfather

Welcome Aboard Godfather. I couldn't be more with you. I still can't get over the fact we didn't get Millwood. I was pissed about not getting Ortiz, but figured it was because they were asking too much, and then Millwood gets traded for Johnny Who?????

We could of given them Josh Paul and had a done deal. As far as I'm concerned JR just isn't interested in anything but money and he definately doesn't care if they are going to win, unless he makes more money along the way.

JR is a royal prick, but I just hope this organization finds a way to win inspite of him. Man...well...the only thing going is I should outlive JR (Knock on Wood)

Still, I do have some hope left that they'll land Colon or Vazquez for next to nothing, and I do believe the Sox will compete for the playoffs next season and I think they may just make it.

I agree this offseason sucks. I am like you guys, I still cant believe we didnt get Milwood bcoz Phillies gave up nothing and so what if Milwood cost lots of money but isnt that what they have promise to get a #2 pithcer. There was Milwood available. I cant stand to see other teams stacking up with free agents and trades to better their teams. The sox on the other hand doesnt want to do anything, and doesnt want to spend money. There are clear weaknesses on our team and they havent done anything to fix it. Would it hurt to make some additions like a starting pitchers, CF, etc to help the SOX move closer to the smell of being the champs. What the hell, KW and JR really suck. Spend some money and the fans will come out

The Godfather

Will someone please explain the Millwood trade to me? I know money is always a consideration in today's game but to get so little for him. I don't get it. :huh: The Atlanta GM is supposed to be one of the best. Right? I don't get it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Stock up on Prozac and Xanax now HSC..... it ain't gonna get any better with JR and KW in charge of things.

lol how do you think im going to get through the regular season... ive already been to the doctor to fill my regular season perscriptions.......i think ill ride this year out comotose.......... :D

The Godfather

Will someone please explain the Millwood trade to me? I know money is always a consideration in today's game but to get so little for him. I don't get it. :huh: The Atlanta GM is supposed to be one of the best. Right? I don't get it.

No one can really explain or understand the Millwood deal.

It was a deal done in the terms of now. The Braves had to cut payroll and for some reason instead of waiting a week or two or even a month to get it done, they did it immediately and didn't even sit or wait on other offers.

They were nuts to deal Millwood for that little, a 26 or 28 year old backup catcher that isn't regarded as anything. Josh Paul is twice as good as him.

The deal wouldn't of been as horrible had the Braves traded him outside of their division, but they gave him to division foe, Philedelphia, whose one of the up and coming teams in all of baseball and could just end the Braves consecutive division titles streak.

The Godfather

No one can really explain or understand the Millwood deal.

It was a deal done in the terms of now. The Braves had to cut payroll and for some reason instead of waiting a week or two or even a month to get it done, they did it immediately and didn't even sit or wait on other offers.

They were nuts to deal Millwood for that little, a 26 or 28 year old backup catcher that isn't regarded as anything. Josh Paul is twice as good as him.

The deal wouldn't of been as horrible had the Braves traded him outside of their division, but they gave him to division foe, Philedelphia, whose one of the up and coming teams in all of baseball and could just end the Braves consecutive division titles streak.

Millwood was a money dump by the Braves..... pure and simple. JR f***ing loved this move.

As is the sport of baseball, stupid trades get made all the time and the trade of Millwood for a guy who was on his way to start working for burger king. This (and not to sound like the Red Sox here )is due in large part the the yankees and their over spending and the whole A-Rod quarter of a billion dollar contract is a joke, last time i checked the rangers still were in last place good job Tom Hicks. But back to trade their was only one reason for it and that is cause Atlanta knew they were screwed when Maddox went the arbritration rout cause hi agent Scott Boras is a dick and will try and milk them for every read cent in order to his cut up. So they really had no choice but to drop millwood although i think they could have gotten alot more for him they did what they did cause of money and thats the sad truth of baseball now a days its all about the money the game has lost what made it america past time due to greed and agents who dont give a rats ass about the fans.

The Godfather

Does Atlanta still have Eddie Perez and Javy Lopez?  If so why'd they bother trading Millwood for anything, just asking somebody to take him would have saved them money.

I think they are losing Eddie Perez, but they think Estrada can be groomed into a solid catcher. They are the only ones who see it though ;)

I think the only reason the Sox did not jump on Millwood was $$$$. I believe he is due $10 million this year. That would have put KW behind the 8 ball in attempting to sign Buehrle to a long term deal. How could he justify paying his #2 starter $10 million and Buehrle his #1 "Ace" less?

I think the only reason the Sox did not jump on Millwood was $$$$. I believe he is due $10 million this year. That would have put KW behind the 8 ball in attempting to sign Buehrle to a long term deal. How could he justify paying his #2 starter $10 million and Buehrle his #1 "Ace" less?

Ya, money was definately the reason they didn't make the move. It angers me the Sox didn't spend the money, but if they were to get Colon at a reasonable price and lock him up long term, I'd easily forget.