yankees owner is the best :)

soxfan420

And I wouldn't want an owner like Steinbrenner.

And all they are doing now is panic spending since his team has not won a world series in the past two years. What on earth do you do with 7 starters. Going to go with only 4 relievers? Going to pay all that money to have someone sit on the bench and only pitch every 7th game? What will the wonderful club house chemistry be with all those egos? They may make some further moves and the Yankees may still own the AL East but I think their current run is over.

If I could have any owner, it would be Mark Cuban...I love that guy. He cares about the fans, and his players. I've never seen a guy that is less selfish then him.

Whats he do, he builds a great stadium and makes it all interactive for the fans. He then does all he can to put out a great team for them, and is always at the game enjoying himself and is very friendly with the fans.

As far as the players, he'd let them live at his own house if the NBA didnt' make rules against that, and he built them a state of the art clubhouse and training center so his players would be happy, but also so players would want to come their.

Mark Cuban is the man....I sure hope one of these days he gets some interest in the South Side and rejevunating a team with awesome fans, but little hope.

Todd MacFarlane of the Oilers was pretty good when I went(except for those ugly 3rd jerseys he designed) the team stays pretty good for no money and he goes to all the games. I even got to chastise him on game from the seats because he didn't buy the Calgary Cannons former AAA PCL team, he's from Calgary and a huge baseball fan, having spent 1million on a ball I hope so. Anyhow point is it's nice to see the super rich hanging out among peasants like me.

"You reward your fans, you don't put the money in your pockets like 90 percent of the rest of the owners may do,'' Steinbrenner said.

Why cant we have an owner like that

Thats a great comment, but George isn't losing money on the Yankees.

If you're implying that JR is losing money on the White Sox, you are mistaken. That cheap f*** wouldn't have anything to do with this team and he'd maybe sell it to someone who cared if he was losing cent one on this team. Both him and KW can go f*** themselves. "Can't spend a dollar if all you have is fifty cents....." :fyou ASSHOLES!!!!!

"You reward your fans, you don't put the money in your pockets like 90 percent of the rest of the owners may do,'' Steinbrenner said.

Why cant we have an owner like that

Thats a great comment, but George isn't losing money on the Yankees.

If you're implying that JR is losing money on the White Sox, you are mistaken. That cheap f*** wouldn't have anything to do with this team and he'd maybe sell it to someone who cared if he was losing cent one on this team. Both him and KW can go f*** themselves. "Can't spend a dollar if all you have is fifty cents....." :fyou ASSHOLES!!!!!

i am more than sure that the sox is not losing money, they may not be raking it in, but he is making money.

spending money is not like the yanks are doing, spending crazy. but spend some on some fa's that can get us over the top or use it to acquire a player thru a trade and get his salary.

I also wouldnt want an owner like him cause in a few years when those players he has over paid start sucking and their still making 10 mil plus he will have himself in a major bind and dont think any teams will be eager to help him out all the yankees do are buy chapionships they have no idea what it takes to build a championship team from within cause papa george just buys whatever players he wants and when it catches up with him and it will he will be kicking himself in the ass so i hope he enjoys it well it last cause the reaper is coming soon for his ass

The Godfather

Their is no way JR is losing money, he's the only owner in the majors that is too smart for that. I think people who have money don't ever want to lose it, and I can't blame them for that.

Of course, I don't think any of us fans are asking for JR to spend a ton. We all are asking for very moderate moves, that would still result in a cut in payroll and if JR was smart, he could have a major market team at a not so major market budget.

Now, JR has in the past, spent a bit of money in attempts to put this team over the top (Belle, Boomer), but those moves have failed. It may not be much, but I think we can expect him to be willing to open up his purse strings a bit if the right deal comes around.