Schilling is a Red Sox

Cerbaho-WG

Epstein fires Managers with back to back 90 win season's, gets the stud pitcher, KW hires another Marlin coach ( It worked so well the last time )and looks at Big Lots for players ( Grinders = Cheap ). NO COMPARISON

The Red Sox also draw twice as many fans with WAY higher ticket prices than the Sox have. (attendance=payroll) NO COMPARISON.

The Red Sox also draw twice as many fans with WAY higher ticket prices than the Sox have.  (attendance=payroll) NO COMPARISON.

Good point, sir. I suspect a lot of our fans have no idea what the ticket prices are at Fenway.

When you want their payroll, WS fans, pay the prices the BS fans pay and pack the park like they do.

Until $ is put where the mouth is, it is all so much flatulence.

Epstein fires Managers with back to back 90 win season's, gets the stud pitcher, KW hires another Marlin coach ( It worked so well the last time )and looks at Big Lots for players ( Grinders = Cheap ). NO COMPARISON

Sometimes you can find a real good deal at BIG LOTS. :lol:

I have never been to Fenway, but apperently beer there is like 10$, and you can go inside and outside the park when ever you want, and there is like a farmers market with all kinds of food every game. So I hear conncessions really hurt the park, and that is a reason tickets are so high.

Obviously I know that fans will show up to Fenway whatever the price is, so I know food isnt the only reason the tickets are so high, but I hear food is a factor.

The ticket prices are so high for two reasons. #1 they have the smallest ballpark in all of baseball, and #2 because Bostonians pay that much to see baseball.

I might be off, but I believe the cheapest ticket at Fenway is very close in price to the most expensive ticket at Comiskey.

Field Box $70

Infield Roof $65

Loge Box $65

Grandstand $44

Right Field Box $37

Right Field Roof $37

Outfield Grandstand $27

Lower Bleacher $20

Upper Bleacher $10

So all except the two lowest ticket prices are more expensive than what you can buy at Comiskey w/o season tickets...

Everything is off the charts as far as expense goes in Boston. It isn't just baseball folks so the comparison is going to be skewed.

The current costs of $40 for Club Level, $29 for Lower Deck Box, $24 for Lower Deck Reserved, $22 for Bleachers, $20 for Upper Deck Box, and $14 for Upper Deck Reserved to attend a White Sox game are entirely too expensive for the s*** product that the White Sox are going to field this year..... and that's if the prices stay the same for '04. Don't count on it either from what I've heard.

And as expensive as it is to attend a Red Sox game, you can still get a seat for cheaper than the cheapest at USCF.

Theo Epstein is my age - but he's a lot smarter than I could ever hope to be. The guy has some moxy, and some real knowledge of the game. I applaud his move yesterday, and I applaud his effort. If I could succeed at my job just half as well as he does - I will be a rich man very soon.

It must be nice to have a GM who actually knows baseball, and knows the right moves to make. It must be nice.

The Red Sox also draw twice as many fans with WAY higher ticket prices than the Sox have.  (attendance=payroll) NO COMPARISON.

Please, lets see JR real Books not the one's mlb says and cry's fowl, if everything was so bad he would have sold long ago, fans should not except Jr's or any owners word on finances, JR has paid NO RENT for use of the cell until this year, for a few years now, that is alot of money he got to keep and not spent on players. The reason he does not sell is things are not even CLOSE to as bad as he acts like they are, he did not become a multi-millionaire by making stupid decisions on losing propositions. :fyou JR for treating Chicago as a small market city.

Please, lets see JR real Books not the one's mlb says and cry's fowl, if everything was so bad he would have sold long ago, fans should not except Jr's or any owners word on finances, JR has paid NO RENT for use of the cell until this year, for a few years now, that is alot of money he got to keep and not spent on players. The reason he does not sell is things are not even CLOSE to as bad as he acts like they are, he did not become a multi-millionaire by making stupid decisions on losing propositions. :fyou JR for treating Chicago as a small market city.

By that logic the Red Sox payroll should be near $150 million because not only is their attendance about double what the Sox draw, but also their average ticket price is the highest in all of MLB. As long as people aren't in the ballpark, there will be no huge payroll, and there is no point in being irrational about it. We had a 15% increase in attendance and that is pretty much the payroll bump we are getting.

Did Reinsey have his head up his ass for that one?  I'd gladly dish out that kinda cash to get a guy like Schilling to pitch here.

Not the problem. Shill said he would only go to the Yankees, Red Sox or Philly. He is a big time guy in the players union and would never do any favor to someone he blames for the 1994 strike.