Big 10 7-0 Last Night

I dont know how big of college basketball fans we have in the midwest on this board, but we kicked some ass yesterday.... My team Illinois had a very nice win on the road at Temple, and Iowa and Indiana pulled off a John Wooden Classic sweep with wins over ranked Louisiville and Xavier..... Even Northwestern got in the mix..

And the biggest of them all, Purdue pulls off the shocker against #2 Duke... Kenneth Lowe was just awesome in this game...

Go Illini + Go Big 10 in the Big 10/ ACC challenge this week! :headbang

I am also a huge Illini+Big Ten fan. That Purdue/Duke game was awesome. As for the more important Illini game: They look really good. They are definatly a pass first team. They all are great passers and a lot of them are great 3-pt shooters. I love Deron Williams and Dee Brown. I think the Illini are going to give MSU a run for their money in the Big Ten.

GO ILLINI!

Yeah HOOOOOOOSIERS!!! Bracey Wright came up big for us last night. He got 27 points which is a great sign that he's going to be alright after back surgery in May. If Leach can step it up for us on the offensive side, the Hoosiers won't be so bad after all. We have a tough schedule going into the Big Ten. We play Wake on Wednesday in the BigTen/ACC, Mizz on December 7th, and Notre Dame shortly after.

ACC will take it for the fifth year in a row. :headbang

Pffffffff, you wish.

Matchups

Northwestern vs. Florida State: God knows, neither team is very good. TJ Parker is a great sophmore point and may casue Florida State some trouble.

Indiana vs. Wake Forest: This good be a good game. You make look at immediatly think, Wake Forest. But I think Indiana is gonna turn lots of heads this year. I had the privlege of going to the Big Ten Tournament, so I know a lot about all of the Big Ten Teams. Indiana had a very good team last year. Of course they lost Coverdale, but they are still a good team. With Moye, Leach, and Wright they might have enough to upset the Decans.

N.C. State vs. Michigan: Daniel Horton is a great sophmore for the Wolverines but outside of that there isn't much. Although Abram, Harris, and Robinson Jr. can get some work done. Now this is an N.C. State team that I don't know much about, but they appear to be decent. Expect this to be a close game.

Illinois vs. UNC: Now this is going to be one hell of a game. The Illini have a spectacular backcourt with Brown and Williams, and some good big men in Smith and Augustine. The Tar Heels also have great backcourt and some amazing young talent. Excpect this be a very close game that comes down to who wants it more.

Wisconsin vs. Maryland: This also is gonna be a great game with both teams being ranked in the top 25. Maryland may come out with an upset, but Wisconsin won't take Maryland lightly. For Maryland to win they must be able to shut down Devin Harris.

Georgia Tech vs. Ohio State: This Georgia Tech is nothing near what is was last year after losing the great big man Chris Bosh. But the Buckeye also lost their senior PG Brent Darby who was great for them last year. Look for Sylvester, Fuss-Cheatham, and Radinovic to carry the load for OSU. For the Yellow Jackets Elder, Muhammed, and Jarret Jack will run the show.

Clemson vs. Purdue: The Boilers are freash off of a huge upset of Duke and are ready to beat up on another ACC team. Led by Kenneth Lowe this Purdue team is going to easily defeat the Tigers.

Duke vs. Michigan State: This is the best matchup of them all. Duke just got upset by Purdue so are looking for revenge on the Big Ten. But MSU is still angry about their loss to the JayHawks. In this clash it will come down to which team plays better D, beause both have great offenses.

Minnesota vs. Virginia: The Cavaliers will be carried into this game by Forbes and Billet. While the Gophers are led by Humphries and Hargrow. I don't know too much about either team, but i expect this one to be tight.

My Picks

Northwestern at Florida State FSU

Indiana at Wake Forest Indiana in an upset

N.C. State at Michigan N.C. State

Illinois vs. UNC Illinois

Wisconsin at Maryland Wisconsin

Georgia Tech at Ohio State Tech

Clemson at Purdue Purdue

Duke at Michigan State Duke

Minnesota at Virginia Minnesota

This give the Big Ten a 5-4 win in my prediction.

Now don't b**** this is my assesment and my predictions. Make your own and don't b**** about mine.

Parody strikes again.  Duke and UConn both lose early.  This is going to be another interesting year in the NCAA's.  But just think, guys like Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony, and LeBron James could all be playing college ball somewhere, but no.

Wait a second....

There are TWO Tyson Chandler's?!?!?! :D :lol: :D :lol:

I am also  a huge Illini+Big Ten fan.  That Purdue/Duke game was awesome.  As for the more important Illini game: They look really good.  They are definatly a pass first team.  They all are great passers and a lot of them are great 3-pt shooters.  I love Deron Williams and Dee Brown. I think the Illini are going to give MSU a run for their money in the Big Ten.

GO ILLINI!

Yeah, no doubt they are pass first team... more so with cook not on the squad... I cant wait til McBride comes back, he's got a sweet J... and Deron is shooting the ball with lots of confidence....

And i so hate Roy Williams from the times b4 we played kansas in the last 5 years..

Go Illini !

As much as a hate to admit this, being an IU fan, I think Purdue could be a sleeper in the Big Ten. They don't have one player that is great, but they have good depth, good size, and good fundamentals. I wasn't that surprised that Purdue beat Duke, partly because I think Duke is overrated and Purdue is underrated. I really don't see 1 or 2 great teams this year. Like someone else mentioned, I think there is a lot of parity in college basketball right now, and any team could win it all. I am still sticking to my preseason pick: Texas. I think Texas is another sleeper team. Sure losing Ford hurts, but they return the other 4 starters from a very talented team last year, and added a solid recruiting class to that core. It should be a interesting year, go Hoosiers. The Big Ten better look out for IU next year, assuming all their recruits go to IU.

Yeah HOOOOOOOSIERS!!!  Bracey Wright came up big for us last night.  He got 27 points which is a great sign that he's going to be alright after back surgery in May.  If Leach can step it up for us on the offensive side, the Hoosiers won't be so bad after all.  We have a tough schedule going into the Big Ten.  We play Wake on Wednesday in the BigTen/ACC, Mizz on December 7th, and Notre Dame shortly after.

Its amazing how Ewing Jr looks exactly like his Dad from the back... He is an even better aththlete than his dad was too from what i've seen and heard so far...

Its amazing how Ewing Jr looks exactly like his Dad from the back... He is an even better aththlete than his dad was too from what i've seen and heard so far...

Ha yeah...he looks so much like him w/ the faces he was making last night, but like you said Jr.'s actually an athlete and I've heard lots of good things so far.

"Its amazing how Ewing Jr looks exactly like his Dad from the back... He is an even better aththlete than his dad was too from what i've seen and heard so far..."

Ya, unfortunately he is about 4 inches shorter and 50 lb lighter than his dad. With IU's lack of talent/depth up front, they really need Ewing to mature quickly and become a solid contributor(he has a long way to go). Can you imagine how good IU would be if they were able to nab Kris Humphies? Oh well, every team misses out on a few top recruits every year so I shouldn't be complaining, especially after IU has landed the top class in the country this past year(please go to IU Josh Smith). The Big Ten should be a very talented and open race.

Go Illinois and go Big Ten!!!

I've been to every Big Ten Tournament so far and it's the best atmosphere for any sports event I've ever been to. Fans from 11 teams all in one place, the bands, the cheers, hell of a lot of fun. Just wish it was in Chicago every year. The drive to Indy is a little long although Conseco Fieldhouse is a pretty nice basketball arena.

Go Illinois and go Big Ten!!!

I've been to every Big Ten Tournament so far and it's the best atmosphere for any sports event I've ever been to.  Fans from 11 teams all in one place, the bands, the cheers, hell of a lot of fun. Just wish it was in Chicago every year. The drive to Indy is a little long although Conseco Fieldhouse is a pretty nice basketball arena.

Conseco field house is an incredible place to see basketball. I was down there for IN HS state finals the year that Zach Randolph's team played Jared Jeffries team. It definately blows away the stale United Center.