WINTER WATCH

mac9001

WINTER WATCH

The White Sox are excited about INF D'Angelo Jimenez for a reason this year. Jimenez ended his winter season in the Dominican two weeks ago hitting .312 with 12 doubles, five homers and 31 RBI. He also had a .522 slugging percentage and played solid defense at both second base and shortstop. The Sox are looking at Jimenez as their leadoff hitter this season.

The other impressive showing in the Dominican for the Sox was lefty reliever Arnie Munoz, who went 4-0 with a 1.55 ERA and recorded four saves for Aguilas. Munoz, who has a chance to make a bullpen spot, led the league in wins, ERA and strikeouts (74) in 20 appearances.

Things haven't gone quite as well for the Sox in Puerto Rico. Jeff Liefer, who was hoping to increase his trade value this offseason, hit just .188 with two home runs in 19 games with Caguas. He had 26 strikeouts and six walks. Jose Valentin hit .200 but did rank among the league leaders in homers (eight), and RBIs (20).

Plus there's some more crap form the people over at CBS.Sportsline

When the hell is Valentin going to realize that he's not a power hitter?

well I wouldn't say 8 homer's is a lot.

Also love the sig, great quote.

Well, 8 homers over how many games they played is kind of a lot, but that's not my point. Valentin was so productive in 2000 because he was just slapping the ball around; but for the last two years, he's struggled because he keeps swining for the fences. Ray Durham disease?

Oh yeah... I love that quote... I got it from the book, The Simpsons and Philosophy. Even if you're not much into philsophical debate; its a wonderful read for Simspons fans... Gives you so much to think about and watch for. Supposedly there's another one floating out there, The Simspons and Religion, but I have yet to see it.

And speaking of sigs... Chris Cornell = :headbang

I was going to say JV will realize he's not a power hitter when Ray Durham does. LOL!  :)

in other words, never.

As far as Liefer, I ask to learn, not to argue, because I haven't seen enough of Liefer actually play - why are you all down on him?

well I wouldn't say 8 homer's is a lot.

Also love the sig, great quote.

And speaking of sigs... Chris Cornell = :headbang

Yeah, that album is f***ing great. I'm NOT a fan of Audioslave however. I hope Chris does another Solo album because "Euphoria Morning" is a brilliant album.

WINTER WATCH

The White Sox are excited about INF D'Angelo Jimenez for a reason this year. Jimenez ended his winter season in the Dominican two weeks ago hitting .312 with 12 doubles, five homers and 31 RBI. He also had a .522 slugging percentage and played solid defense at both second base and shortstop. The Sox are looking at Jimenez as their leadoff hitter this season.

The other impressive showing in the Dominican for the Sox was lefty reliever Arnie Munoz, who went 4-0 with a 1.55 ERA and recorded four saves for Aguilas. Munoz, who has a chance to make a bullpen spot, led the league in wins, ERA and strikeouts (74) in 20 appearances.

Things haven't gone quite as well for the Sox in Puerto Rico. Jeff Liefer, who was hoping to increase his trade value this offseason, hit just .188 with two home runs in 19 games with Caguas. He had 26 strikeouts and six walks. Jose Valentin hit .200 but did rank among the league leaders in homers (eight), and RBIs (20).

Plus there's some more crap form the people over at CBS.Sportsline

I'm excited about Jimenez's performance. It is critical for the Sox that he succeed in the lead-off spot. We really have no other options (and please don't say Harris; that guy is not even close to being a productive major league hitter).

As far as Liefer, I ask to learn, not to argue, because I haven't seen enough of Liefer actually play - why are you all down on him?

He's just not any damn good.

He doesn't walk much, and his swing is an upper cut, where he tries to lift everything. Which leads to a lot of strike outs.

He doesn't walk much, and his swing is an upper cut, where he tries to lift everything. Which leads to a lot of strike outs.

I'm not a huge Liefer fan, but he was a real good hitter in the minors, and when he got some extended playing time in '01 he did some good things. I think he could productive player as a platoon outfielder, playing only against right handed pitching. He still would strike out a lot, but if he got 300 ABs in such a position, he'd hit .250/18/50 I'd guess. But he doesn't fit on the Sox and he's no good as a pinch hitter. I would think he would have some value to someone out there (maybe the Expos who are, as I understand it, in need of a little pop in the OF), though he wouldn't command much on his own (i.e., without being part of a package deal).

BECAUSE HE WHINES AND CRIES about how he should START. Yet, what has he done?

I'm not one to get real down on a player, but when you whine and don't have the stats to back it up, then as far as I'm concerned, get out of town.

I liked Liefer entering last year, but I've seen nothing out of him this past season, and yet this winter league, he still stinks.

I'll take Mario Valenzula up here as our left handed stick (I think he's a lefty)

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol, when you all realize that winter ball doesnt count for s***.....its just a way to keep in a little shape for the upcoming challanges of spring training.............lol.lol.lol.lol........