Sources say Colon an Angel

Mr. Showtime

AP:

Colon

Bartolo Colon was close to an agreement with the Anaheim Angels, The Associated Press learned Monday, a contract that would give the team one of the top pitchers on the free-agent market.

While neither Colon nor the Angels discussed the talks Monday, both Anaheim and the Chicago White Sox believed the right-hander was on the verge of a deal with Anaheim, said the officials, who were familiar with details of Colon's negotiations with the two teams. The pair spoke on the condition of anonymity.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

f***. Were done, KW is again screwing us over.

KW owns the team, eh?

KW had could get nothing done, because he does not control the money, JR does. And what Colon was asking for was too much.

I hope he rips his arm to hell next year. The fat f***....how many doughnuts can you buy with an extra $4 million?

Good riddance.

Yeah I just read that article on ESPN, no big suprise really. Guess they're out of the Vlad stakes then. At least we get a compensatory pick, is it thier 1st or 2nd rounder, cos they also signed Kelvin Escobar?

Don't bet on it, the only real teams mentioned with Vlad have been the Angels and O's. The O's have no shot of ever winning while they're in the same division as the Yanks.

Trust me the new Angels owner will spend.

Well here, look on the bright side, we will get Brad Fullmer and Odalis Perez...then we will improve and we don't need fatasses contract anyway.

I don't want Brad Fullmer but I will take speizio, if we get rid of konerko. But knowing the SOx the Konerko thing will fall through. I think they will go after Garcia whom was cut loose by Seattle.

it will be a long summer

Beastly it's not KW's fault that Fatolo is an Angel, he couldn't put up any more money, and yes we haven't done anything yet, but wait until the end of this week, if nothing happens I'll be real pissed off too, but don't blame colons departure on kenny, blame it on the chairman.

Nothing confirmed on this report yet and remember it has been floating around for about a week or so now.

However, if Colon leaves I see that the D-Backs declined to offer Miguel Batista a contract. Thoughts on that dude? Also there are others out there like Petite, Maddux, et al.

Nothing confirmed on this report yet and remember it has been floating around for about a week or so now.

However, if Colon leaves I see that the D-Backs declined to offer Miguel Batista a contract. Thoughts on that dude? Also there are others out there like Petite, Maddux, et al.

Batista wanted a mulityear deal with sum good cash that the D-Back didn't want to offa. Also Kenny Rogers wasn't offered arbitration by the Twinkies. He could be another option.

Ponson/Millwood/Perez are all guys to fill in the gap left by Colon...With Perez becoming a #3 if that happens...Cory Lidle was cut loose, and this organization has thought highly of him for a couple of years now...He could definetly be plugged in at the back end of the rotation...

I thought Colon was a solid pitcher for the Sox last year, but there is no need to overpay him just to keep him, if KW does nothing else then yes this move sucks, but I'm willing to give KW a chance to do something, if they can get Ponson and Todd Walker for the money they're saving it would be a worth while move

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE DON'T GET IN THE PETTITE RACE! I THOUGHT HE WAS LOOKING FOR A 3YEAR DEAL, ABOUT 36MIL. SAME AS COLON. AND HE HAS BIG GAME EXPIERIENCE! LEGIT NUMBER 1 STARTER, AND HE STAYS IN A BIG CITY MARKET. ALSO HE STAYS IN THE AL.

Beause Pettite has zero interest in Chicago. He either wants to go to Boston, New York Yankees or Houston, that's it.

...if they can get Ponson and Todd Walker for the money they're saving it would be a worth while move

I don't think the 'Colon money' will go anywhere but back in Reinsdorf's pockets. Not signing him (which really sucks) does not translate to $12 million freed up to spend elsewhere. It would in another organization, but not in the Bizzaro Sox Universe.

For a fraction of a second last week I was actually excited and optimistic about '04. Buzz that the Konerko/Perez deal was close, and only us and the Angels pursuing Bart had me jazzed. Now Colon's gone, the Dogers deal looks to have stalled, we let Sullivan and Robbie walk on top of losing Gordon (we have no bullpen)...

I know, I know, wait until after the winter meetings to get angry... But it sure looks like all we'll be doing is patching holes using whoever comes with the right price tag.

Time to start drinking heavily I guess. :angry: :drink :angry: