Minor League Preview - Charlotte Knights

Chisoxfn

Great article.  Who is their catcher if Olivo stays with the Sox?

Thanks

Catcher is a huge questionmark with them. They have Mark Dalesandro who caught quite a few games for them last year. He isn't anything special and is pretty much a stopgap for a very weak catching core in the minors. Well, that core is weak as long as Olivo is at the major league level. They also have Lee Evans. The Sox could also sign someone or move someone up from AA, although there is nothing special when it comes to catching their.

If Paul goes down to AAA (He's have to clear waivers) then he's likely be the starting catcher, but many believe the Sox will carry 3 catchers entering next season.

Hey Jason, I'll start on Winston-Salem and Kannapolis on Friday. I have zero time to write stuff now, because it is finals week for me.

Guess what boys and girls, you get to hear me praise my boy, Anthony Webster again. Yeah, baby!

Sounds Cool Mike....Good Luck with Finals!!!!

Looks good. It's short enough that I'll read it, and it has enough detail. Is there a chance that we will see Borchard called up before September this season?

Only if one of the starters goes down or if Rowand really struggles and Borchard is tearing the cover off the ball. Otherwise, it will be wait till September, but he will with the Sox permanently after this season.

I see Borchard up by July personally.

I think spring training and the opening months should be fine for him.

By July, whether he gets a lot of playing or not, he should be up there and get his feet wet in the majors.

OF course, like jason said, it really depends on Rowand. If he plays like he's capable of playing, he will hold the job all season, if not, Borchard will be up and they willl platoon.

HOWEVER, watch out for Harris. If he picks it up offensively during the season, he may see a lot of starts in center. Reason is because the Sox have very little speed. They have guys like Valentin, Jimenez, Rowand, Olivo, Ordonez and Lee, who have above average speed, but not speed burner. So if Harris playing well, Rowand may find the bench.

I see Borchard up by July personally. 

I think spring training and the opening months should be fine for him. 

By July, whether he gets a lot of playing or not, he should be up there and get his feet wet in the majors. 

OF course, like jason said, it really depends on Rowand.  If he plays like he's capable of playing, he will hold the job all season, if not, Borchard will be up and they willl platoon.

HOWEVER, watch out for Harris.  If he picks it up offensively during the season, he may see a lot of starts in center.  Reason is because the Sox have very little speed.  They have guys like Valentin, Jimenez, Rowand, Olivo, Ordonez and Lee, who have above average speed, but not speed burner.  So if Harris playing well, Rowand may find the bench.

I agree with you on Harris, but I really don't see the point in rushing Borchard. I do agree with getting his feet wet, but until July comes around I can't say what is best.

If Rowand is struggling, then he shoudl be up for a spark, but if the Sox are in the thick of things you could even see them acquire someone for the stretch. Its really hard to say.

I love Borchard a lot, but he has a ton of work to do. With that stead, I don't doubt he could come up to the majors right now and hit .240 or so with a ton of power, but to me that wouldn't be best for him cause he should hit near .300 with a ton of power, walks, strikeouts, and gold glove defense.

I have a suggestion. When listing our minor league players like this, include, next to their names, along with the stats, something like Bats: Right; Throws: Right . Please don't take this as critcism, as you guys do a fantastic job.

And, by the way, is Almonte a righty or lefty?

none taken, it is good idea, something we should've done.

You gave me an idea though.

We've made some player pages for the the main guys on the team, maybe we'll go ahead add to them and make minor league player pages as well.

would anyone be interested in us making minor league profile pages? This will obviously take some time, but if so let me know. It would consist of their weight, height, age, maybe some minor league numbers and a brief scouting report too.

Jason Gage:

Are you psychic, or what?  After re-reading your article in the wake of the TRADE, I noticed that you did not include Delvis Lantigua on your list of notable players expected to be on the Charlotte roster this year.

How did you know?

........psychic? no

stupid and lucky? yes

homosexual? defenitely

Jason Gage:

Are you psychic, or what?  After re-reading your article in the wake of the TRADE, I noticed that you did not include Delvis Lantigua on your list of notable players expected to be on the Charlotte roster this year.

How did you know?

What can I say...esp ;)

The real reason was, I didn't think of him as a key guying making the next step and I kind of wondered whether he would be coming up to AAA.

I have a suggestion.  When listing our minor league players like this, include, next to their names, along with the stats, something like Bats: Right; Throws: Right .  Please don't take this as critcism, as you guys do a fantastic job.

And, by the way, is Almonte a righty or lefty?

Almonte is a Righty.

Thanks for the feedback. From now on I'll make sure to include that info. I'll also put the age there.

Diaz and Sanders look like sleepers. I would say the same thing about Munoz but folks are starting to notice him. With a little bit of luck, we have some pitching depth in the system. I depend on you guys to keep me up to date on the progress of Sox minor leaguers.

A little luck? Our pitching prospects are deep, trust me.

I'm with ya Cerb. I still think we have the best pitching organization in the majors, along with the Anaheim Angels.

The Cubs are pretty good too, but almost all of theres are at the lower levels, while the Sox have a very good mixture.