rumor

toasty

This is what you have:

2B Harris (bad O, average D)

RF Reed  (average O, average D)

DH Thomas (at 36)

LF Lee (good O, average D)

1B Konerko  (average O, average D)

3B Crede     (average O, above average D)

CF Rowand   (average O, average D)

SS Uribe     (below average O, above average D)

C  Olivo      (bad O, good D)

Loaiza   (3.50 ERA)

Burhle   (3.85)

Ponson  (3. 85)

Garcia   (4.25)

Perez  (4.35)

Marte (2.50)

Mota   (3.00)

Willimson (3.50)

Wunsht (3.00)

Koch   (5.50)

Wright/Garland (4.00)

IMO, that lineup is on par with what we will see opening day. For SS, I would still hold an outside chance of Guillen (who could possibly be traded from Seattle for Valentine. Garcia then would not be included in the trade). Now what is unlikely to happen is the Sox signing Ponson. From what I read he is waiting for the Orioles future acquisitions before committing or signing elsewhere. Saying Ponson decides to leave Baltimore there will likely be a team willing to overpay for him. Too many tangibles would have to fall into place for the Sox to acquire him. If there was a list of starting pitchers most likely to be with the Sox in 04 it would look like this:

1. Garcia (Valentine)

2. Perez (Maggs)

3. Ponson (conservatively, 6 mil a year.)

If all three somehow were on the Sox, could you imagine Jon Garland pitching in the bullpen? Seems unlikely to me...and I'm positive he wouldnt appreciate the move.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Magglio is both an above average defensive RF AND an above average baserunner, probably the best running clean up hitter in AL. He wasn't quite as good in 2003 in those areas as he was before, but let's not pretend we are talking about Ben f***ing Grieve here. Johnny Damon is an average defensive CF. The only edge comes from Garcippara being a better fielder than Valentin, but they were pretty damn equal in 2003, with Valentin outranking Nomar in peripherals most of his career.......Again, Nomar's slight advantage and the fact that Damon is a CF does = to "slightly better defense", but it's NOWHERE near as crucial as you make it sound. This is not Tonny Graffanino to A-Rod, Brian Daubach for Torii Hunter type of defensive upgrade, not even close.

2. Valentin has 2 choices: either settle for about 650 OPS from left side against LHP (thus pushing his cumulative OPS well over 800) and PLAY....OR insist on hitting from the right side and SIT.......Especially in Seattle where they know the value of "sitting unproductive players down".

3. Mota is gonna be 31 and he's had ONE in his career where he WASN'T terrible.

Sorry, as good as he was in 2003, that spells "high risk". And then of course you adjust for Dodger stadium being pitcher friendly...Again, like his stuff, but let's not get carried away here. Odalis Perez? Have you SEEN his home-away splits and career numbers? This dude is gonna get 4.5+ in arbitration, not exactly cheap.

4. The way Garcia pitched in 2002-2003, I don't want him (esp. away from Safeco), his salary OR his cancer-esque attitude......And the way he pitched in 2001, why would they give him up for overpaid Valentin?

5. 3/18? He rejected 3/21 offer from Baltimore, his home city. With Bartolo signing for nearly 13 mill (over 4 years no less), I am not sure he signs for less than 7/7.5 mill per, which means that whatever sum you saved on Maggs's trade to LA goes to toward signing a #3 pitcher Ponson.

6. Nobody is gonna give you Garciappara even at 12+ Mill a year. Trade with Boston means NO saving money on Ponson and no Mota/Perez as well.

This is what you have:

2B Harris (bad O, average D)

RF Reed (average O, average D)

DH Thomas (at 36)

LF Lee (good O, average D)

1B Konerko (average O, average D)

3B Crede (average O, above average D)

CF Rowand (average O, average D)

SS Uribe (below average O, above average D)

C Olivo (bad O, good D)

Loaiza (3.50 ERA)

Burhle (3.85)

Ponson (3. 85)

Garcia (4.25)

Perez (4.35)

Marte (2.50)

Mota (3.00)

Willimson (3.50)

Wunsht (3.00)

Koch (5.50)

Wright/Garland (4.00)

Knowing how Minnesota reloads every year (they already dumped their overpayed bums) and has our number psychologically..........and considering KC's improvement (remember they won 83 games last year despite having Hernandez, Sweeney, Beltran, Randa OUT for a longass time....now they're healthy, and they have Mondesi, Stairs, Santiago, Anderson, Sullivan, Lescanic and Graffanino who KILLS left handed pitching as a fine utilitiy guy to boot)........

DUDE, the above is a 75-win team despite a good bullpen unless you get miracles like Thomas having another 950 OPS season, Lee driving in 115 runs again, etc. in which case they win about 83-86, which means second place instead of third. Big deal, the team is still gonna be gutted at year's end.

1) I feel sorry for you since you think Magglio is above average defensively and on the base paths. SBs does not equal a good baserunner. Neither does speed. He is terrible at trying to take the extra base at the wrong times. I have seen him way too many times try to stretch a single into a double and a double into a single and the most inappropriate moments. He is no way an above average base runner. In fact he is below average. His arm is overrated and he lolly gags in the outfield. He doesn't always give 100% out there and has been critized for that over the last 2 years. He is average in the field and below average base runner. I am suprised you can't see that so I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Jose was only good defensively once ALomar came over. He is no longer here. Crede also helped him out a lot. Crede is a great defensive third baseman. Damon is an average defensive outfielder? STATS INC writes this: "Baserunning & Defense

Damon's first-step quickness and fine straight-ahead speed make him a rangy center fielder and fearsome baserunner. With a righthander on the mound, Damon is one of the better basestealers around, though he has trouble reading southpaws' moves. His biggest weakness is a well-below average throwing arm." Ther aren't many CF with a good throwing arm, so if that is the worst thing he has I will take it. He definately isn't an average CF and again he is a big upgrade on whoever we can throw out there right now. Plus he is a leadoff hitter which we also need at the moment. Huge upgrades, great trade!

2) Trust me Jose is going to continue to switch hit. He is 34, he is not switching. I will tell you once again, regardless of what you THINK, he said last year that he will not stop switch hitting. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK, HE WONT STOP! He will sit against lefties.

3)Mota is highly respected, you are the only one that seems to think he sucks. From what I have read he is a great setup man. The Dodgers don't even want to part with him. That should tell you something.

4) Garcia would be released because of his contract. The same reason why he would be traded. I would want him because he has a better lifetime winning percentage than Bartolo and he would be our 4th starter. I believe in Cooper and I believe he can change his pitching habits. I have heard that Garcia tips his pitches. A change of scenery and a different pitching coach may do him some good. I think he is worth the risk.

5)I don't know where you are getting your numbers. Supposedly the Sox have a deal with him for 3/18 million. That is the last I heard or have seen. I have not seen a rejected deal by him for 3 years for 21 million. Bartolo was overpaid. There isnt a pitcher in the league that will get more than 3 years. Bartolo was considered the best FA out there. He only received 4. Everyone thinks the Angels overpaid in both years and money. I am suprised you havent read that anywhere.

6) what does that mean? Garciaparra is making 11.5. Give me Garciaparra at 12 million a year? I dont understand what that is supposed to mean. Trade with Boston means no saving money. However, we still dump Valentin's salary somewhere, Koch's somwhere, and either Konerko's or Thomas' somwhere. That is where we save money. Not in the Boston deal.

2B Harris (bad O, average D) Why is he leadoff? where is Damon?

RF Reed (average O, average D) How do you know? Minor League POY. I doubt you have personally seen him play and everyone loves him.

DH Thomas (at 36) Will he be here? I still think he is good regardless.

LF Lee (good O, average D) He is continually improving

1B Konerko (average O, average D) Will he be here?

3B Crede (average O, above average D) He continues to improve

CF Rowand (average O, average D) Where is Damon?

SS Uribe (below average O, above average D) Where is Garciaparra?

C Olivo (bad O, good D) He should improve on hitting breaking balls.

Loaiza (3.50 ERA)

Burhle (3.85)

Ponson (3. 85)

Garcia (4.25)

Perez (4.35) Where is Garland? If we sign Garcia and Ponson we wont get Perez and vice versa

Marte (2.50) Awesome!

Mota (3.00) NIce pick up

Willimson (3.50) AWESOME!

Wunsht (3.00) pretty good.

Koch (5.50) Really? I hope not.

Wright/Garland (4.00) Wright should be good in the bullpen

It seems to me that you live to be pessimistic. You forgot to include most of the pickups you are arguing about. I dont understand your argument. Mondesi, Stairs, Santiago, Anderson, Sullivan, Lescanic and Graffanino? These guys are great additions? Mondesi? Stairs? Santigo? Give me a break! Anderson is average. Sullivan was not that great for us at the end of last year. Lescanik is ok. Graffanino is not going to make or break any team. Plus I keep hearing rumors of Beltran leaving. You really think KC will afford him? Can they resign him? I doubt it. How is Minnesota going to reload? They lost their starting catcher, closer, setup man, #2 starter, and may lose Jaque Jones. Good luck on them reloading. I think you are just looking for faults. I don't know why you are a White Sox fan.

DUDE, with your lineup I can see why we would be a 75 win team. We gained nothing from the trades. No Damon, no Garciaparra, but Ordonez is gone. Wierd! I don't know man, but you have a lot more work to do on that argument of yours.

6. Nobody is gonna give you Garciappara even at 12+ Mill a year. Trade with Boston means NO saving money on Ponson and no Mota/Perez as well.

I stand corrected.

On the first part anyway.

Now Sox are gonna sending Garciappara to LA or is LA connection over because no-givey Mota?

If the latter, what other team is vying for Nomar, I don't see Sox keeping him for salary reasons, does anyone? If they do keep him, he is an equal replacement for Maggs, big name and is 2.5 Mill cheaper.

This off-season more big-time MLB activity than in previous ones in seems. It's only December....

Valentin is next, I suppose.

I stand corrected.

On the first part anyway.

Now Sox are gonna sending Garciappara to LA or is LA connection over because no-givey Mota?

If the latter, what other team is vying for Nomar, I don't see Sox keeping him for salary reasons, does anyone?  If they do keep him, he is an equal replacement for Maggs, big name and is 2.5 Mill cheaper.   

This off-season more big-time MLB activity than in previous ones in seems. It's only December....

Valentin is next, I suppose.

I could see us keeping Nomar, because we would be able to spin off Jose to someone else. I could see a deal with Seattle coming together or maybe even LA. That would be our savings would be dealing Jose. Also if Williamson and BY Kim are included that makes a Koch trade all but done somewhere.

1) I feel sorry for you since you think Magglio is above average defensively and on the base paths. SBs does not equal a good baserunner. Neither does speed. He is terrible at trying to take the extra base at the wrong times. I have seen him way too many times try to stretch a single into a double and a double into a single and the most inappropriate moments. He is no way an above average base runner. In fact he is below average. His arm is overrated and he lolly gags in the outfield. He doesn't always give 100% out there and has been critized for that over the last 2 years. He is average in the field and below average base runner. I am suprised you can't see that so I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Jose was only good defensively once ALomar came over. He is no longer here. Crede also helped him out a lot. Crede is a great defensive third baseman. Damon is an average defensive outfielder? STATS INC writes this: "Baserunning & Defense

Damon's first-step quickness and fine straight-ahead speed make him a rangy center fielder and fearsome baserunner. With a righthander on the mound, Damon is one of the better basestealers around, though he has trouble reading southpaws' moves. His biggest weakness is a well-below average throwing arm." Ther aren't many CF with a good throwing arm, so if that is the worst thing he has I will take it. He definately isn't an average CF and again he is a big upgrade on whoever we can throw out there right now. Plus he is a leadoff hitter which we also need at the moment. Huge upgrades, great trade!

2) Trust me Jose is going to continue to switch hit. He is 34, he is not switching. I will tell you once again, regardless of what you THINK, he said last year that he will not stop switch hitting. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK, HE WONT STOP! He will sit against lefties.

3)Mota is highly respected, you are the only one that seems to think he sucks. From what I have read he is a great setup man. The Dodgers don't even want to part with him. That should tell you something.

4) Garcia would be released because of his contract. The same reason why he would be traded. I would want him because he has a better lifetime winning percentage than Bartolo and he would be our 4th starter. I believe in Cooper and I believe he can change his pitching habits. I have heard that Garcia tips his pitches. A change of scenery and a different pitching coach may do him some good. I think he is worth the risk.

5)I don't know where you are getting your numbers. Supposedly the Sox have a deal with him for 3/18 million. That is the last I heard or have seen. I have not seen a rejected deal by him for 3 years for 21 million. Bartolo was overpaid. There isnt a pitcher in the league that will get more than 3 years. Bartolo was considered the best FA out there. He only received 4. Everyone thinks the Angels overpaid in both years and money. I am suprised you havent read that anywhere.

6) what does that mean? Garciaparra is making 11.5. Give me Garciaparra at 12 million a year? I dont understand what that is supposed to mean. Trade with Boston means no saving money. However, we still dump Valentin's salary somewhere, Koch's somwhere, and either Konerko's or Thomas' somwhere. That is where we save money. Not in the Boston deal.

2B Harris (bad O, average D) Why is he leadoff? where is Damon?

RF Reed (average O, average D) How do you know? Minor League POY. I doubt you have personally seen him play and everyone loves him.

DH Thomas (at 36) Will he be here? I still think he is good regardless.

LF Lee (good O, average D) He is continually improving

1B Konerko (average O, average D) Will he be here?

3B Crede (average O, above average D) He continues to improve

CF Rowand (average O, average D) Where is Damon?

SS Uribe (below average O, above average D) Where is Garciaparra?

C Olivo (bad O, good D) He should improve on hitting breaking balls.

Loaiza (3.50 ERA)

Burhle (3.85)

Ponson (3. 85)

Garcia (4.25)

Perez (4.35) Where is Garland? If we sign Garcia and Ponson we wont get Perez and vice versa

Marte (2.50) Awesome!

Mota (3.00) NIce pick up

Willimson (3.50) AWESOME!

Wunsht (3.00) pretty good.

Koch (5.50) Really? I hope not.

Wright/Garland (4.00) Wright should be good in the bullpen

It seems to me that you live to be pessimistic. You forgot to include most of the pickups you are arguing about. I dont understand your argument. Mondesi, Stairs, Santiago, Anderson, Sullivan, Lescanic and Graffanino? These guys are great additions? Mondesi? Stairs? Santigo? Give me a break! Anderson is average. Sullivan was not that great for us at the end of last year. Lescanik is ok. Graffanino is not going to make or break any team. Plus I keep hearing rumors of Beltran leaving. You really think KC will afford him? Can they resign him? I doubt it. How is Minnesota going to reload? They lost their starting catcher, closer, setup man, #2 starter, and may lose Jaque Jones. Good luck on them reloading. I think you are just looking for faults. I don't know why you are a White Sox fan.

DUDE, with your lineup I can see why we would be a 75 win team. We gained nothing from the trades. No Damon, no Garciaparra, but Ordonez is gone. Wierd! I don't know man, but you have a lot more work to do on that argument of yours.

1) You feel sorry for me? That coupled with the first two sentences that follow it tells me everything I need to know.....STATS, Inc scouts.....ok........And if you knew ANYTHING about anything about the Sox, you'd KNOW that Valentin did NOT imprve with Robbie's arrival but was already on something of a 1 error-in-20-games streak BEFORE Robbie even came in. Valentin was always capable of making a spectacular play and he is a very effective DP man, but lazy footwork and over stride on throws to 1st produced too many routine mistakes (even if they did cost the Sox most of the time- you can check the logs). Since Raphael SANTANA started to DEMAND asnwers from Jose after every mistake and suggested some corrections (lower arc on throws, attacking the ball, the basic stuff Valentin wasn't doing), right up until the last couple of games where Valentin relapsed a little, he went sometihng like 4 months (mid may to mide Sep) with something like 7 or 8 errors, looking like a completely different SS....And age? You'd be suprised but sure-handedness actually improves as players age even if at the expense of range (and Valentin was at the top of all SS in ZR since May, finishing 2nd overall)...........But enough is enough, I am all talked out on this issuem, think what you want.

2) Trust YOU? Why? Because you listen to what HAWK supposedly heart Jose say? I don't doubt Jose is stubborn, and he may screw up his overall numbers by insisting on hitting RH even though in the last 2 years his RH OPS is like 475 or some equally ghastly number....He WILL SIT either way, but at least with respect to LH-hitting-LHP, he stands a flying CHANCE of succeeding where as from the right side, he can barely hold a bat right let alone hit anything good...

3) Dodgers want to keep him cause they traded Quantrill and Mota is still realtively cheap and has good stuff, which I already complimented him on.....Still, you have to look at the WHOLE of Guillermo Mota, not just 2003. He is gonna be 31, not 24.

4) They way he pitched away from Safeco, he is a 4.00-450 pitcher at USCF.....Unless Coop can solve his mechancs AND his attitude AND his weight AND his alleged drug addiction....And who died and made Coop a great pitching coach? My god, talk about overrating people!

5) You don't know what I read or where. By all accounts Ponson might just stay in Baltimore for 3/16 than sign for the Sox for 3/18 even if the latter is straight-uo and not deferred...........HEY, if I am wrong I am wrong

6) You think Koch salary dump is easy? Thomas is relativey inexpensive and now that Maggs is gone, don't f*** with him and fans who love the most exciting slugger in Sox long history........

2B NO MONEY FOR DAMON

RF THIS IS MAJOR LEAGUES AND HE'S YET TO SEE ONE PITCH...GEEZUS.

DH "950 OPS and clutch RISP" good or just plain good? Big difference.

LF He didn't improve in 2001 or 2002....NO way he is 18 for 20 in SB again either

1B Yes, he will be. No point in dealing him where he has no value. Audition him.

3B Wait until he does it for the WHOLE year, from a 6-hole at that.

CF You can forget about Mr. 8 Mill/multiple years, mediocre offense in last 3 years

SS Dealt....unless Koch and Konerko are dumped which I don't see.

C How the f*** do you know? Unbelievable.

Perez IS a left-handed Garland.

3.50 ERA from a closer great? You meant "pretty good" I hope?

Dude, Royals were LONG INJURIES TO KEY PLAYERS away from winning 88+ games last year. They lost Ibanez....and gain Stairs who MURDERS RHP.....Anderson who is better than Perez when you take the latter out of Dodger stadium and certainly better than most Royal starterKAST season.......Lescnic (sp) was nothing but solid for them and should be thre a FULL year this itme.....Mondesi will platoon with Tucker/Guile, making all 3 more effective.........Santiago is better than Mayne...........Graffainino MURDERS LHP, so he will be their super-platoon at 2B where they got next to nothing from Febles last year........rookie McGougal and Berroa should be a bit better, too.....And the Royals are NOT done yet, they are still looking for ONE more starting rotation piece that would make them a 90-win club in ALC............Pessimistic? No, I just realize where optimism over the last tow years has led to........Call it realism, whatever you want.

Nomar has made 45 errors over the past 2 seasons!

:o

Yes, TelAviv, but he like Valentin and Tejada make enough tough plays and trun enough tough DPs to partially offset his errors. He is not in Vizquez's or A-Rod's league, but he is still "pretty good" on defense.

He also has (like Maggs) deceptive speed, he is a soccer buff afterall.

One ting that worries me is his f***ing WRIST. If he gains patience (he has none) as he is now 30-years-old AND his wrist is healthy in 2004, he is a 975-1000 OPS player; if he doesn't, he is closer to what he was last year- an 875 OPS'er.

If it's the former, Sox won the trade easy. If the latter- it's a wash at best.

If he gains patience as he is now 30 AND his wrist is healthy, he is a 975-1000 OPS player; if he doesn't, he is closer to what he was last year- a 875 OPS'er.**BUT ARE THESE NUMBERS ONLY TRUE IF HE GETS TO PLAY 1/2 HIS GAMES AT FENWAY? METHINKS SO. AT THE CELL FOR 81 GAMES, HE'LL BE AN .800-.850 GUY AT BEST.

No to Juan Gonzalez. That guy is not reliable at all. We'd be lucky to get 100 games from him and he'd probably end up out for the season knowing his track record.

I'd rather give a young player a chance than take a gamble on a washed up player with no desire to win like Gonzalez.

If he gains patience as he is now 30 AND his wrist is healthy, he is a 975-1000 OPS player; if he doesn't, he is closer to what he was last year-  a 875 OPS'er.**BUT ARE THESE NUMBERS ONLY TRUE IF HE GETS TO PLAY 1/2 HIS GAMES AT FENWAY?  METHINKS SO.  AT THE CELL FOR 81 GAMES, HE'LL BE AN .800-.850 GUY AT BEST.

Wayne Tolleson, PLEASE f***ing use QUOTE feature. It's IMPOSSIBLE to read what you post when you don't.

Btw, have you SEEN USCF Park Rating? It's the third hitting friendlsist park in AL, ahead of Fenway.

Nomar is gonna lose some bloop doubles that are caught in LF at USCF and nounce of walls at Fenway....BUT he is also gonna gain a bunch of home runs (those suckas tend to inflate one's OPS) because as a line drive hitter he gets robbed of them by 1) Very high wall in LF and 2) very deep RF/RCF. at Fenway

As long as he has line-up protection with Juan Gonzalez, Thomas, Crede and Konerko and SOMEWHAT improves his eye (read: don't f***ing swing at EVERYTHING, NoMo), the only thing keeping him from getting 900-925 OPS would be his wrist.....and perhaps that feisty wife of his, but that's a story for another day.

Nomar is gonna lose some bloop doubles that are caught in LF at USCF and nounce of walls at Fenway....BUT he is also gonna gain a bunch of home runs (those suckas tend to inflate one's OPS)  because as a line drive hitter he gets robbed of them by 1) Very high wall in LF  and 2) very deep RF/RCF. at Fenway

Ok, from 2001-2003, Nomar hit 35 doubles on the road, and 61 at home. Over that same stretch, he hit 31 HR's at home, but only 25 on the road.

If he's hit more HR's at Fenway than all other parks combined, then having that giant wall hasn't hurt those totals as much as you think.

Also, he hit almost DOUBLE as many doubles at home than while travelling. I think he loses a ton of those, and doesn't pick up anything at all in the HR dept.

The only way to get that OPS up is to take more walks, and as we know, he ain't too fond of that.

1) You feel sorry for me? That coupled with the first two sentences that follow it tells me everything I need to know.....STATS, Inc scouts.....ok........And if you knew ANYTHING about anything about the Sox, you'd KNOW that Valentin did NOT imprve with Robbie's arrival but was already on something of a 1 error-in-20-games streak BEFORE Robbie even came in. Valentin was always capable of making a spectacular play and he is a very effective DP man, but lazy footwork and over stride on throws to 1st produced too many routine mistakes (even if they did cost the Sox most of the time- you can check the logs). Since Raphael SANTANA started to DEMAND asnwers from Jose after every mistake and suggested some corrections (lower arc on throws, attacking the ball, the basic stuff Valentin wasn't doing), right up until the last couple of games where Valentin relapsed a little, he went sometihng like 4 months (mid may to mide Sep) with something like 7 or 8 errors, looking like a completely different SS....And age? You'd be suprised but sure-handedness actually improves as players age even if at the expense of range (and Valentin was at the top of all SS in ZR since May, finishing 2nd overall)...........But enough is enough, I am all talked out on this issuem, think what you want.

2) Trust YOU? Why? Because you listen to what HAWK supposedly heart Jose say? I don't doubt Jose is stubborn, and he may screw up his overall numbers by insisting on hitting RH even though in the last 2 years his RH OPS is like 475 or some equally ghastly number....He WILL SIT either way, but at least with respect to LH-hitting-LHP, he stands a flying CHANCE of succeeding where as from the right side, he can barely hold a bat right let alone hit anything good...

3) Dodgers want to keep him cause they traded Quantrill and Mota is still realtively cheap and has good stuff, which I already complimented him on.....Still, you have to look at the WHOLE of Guillermo Mota, not just 2003. He is gonna be 31, not 24.

4) They way he pitched away from Safeco, he is a 4.00-450 pitcher at USCF.....Unless Coop can solve his mechancs AND his attitude AND his weight AND his alleged drug addiction....And who died and made Coop a great pitching coach? My god, talk about overrating people!

5) You don't know what I read or where. By all accounts Ponson might just stay in Baltimore for 3/16 than sign for the Sox for 3/18 even if the latter is straight-uo and not deferred...........HEY, if I am wrong I am wrong

6) You think Koch salary dump is easy? Thomas is relativey inexpensive and now that Maggs is gone, don't f*** with him and fans who love the most exciting slugger in Sox long history........

2B NO MONEY FOR DAMON

RF THIS IS MAJOR LEAGUES AND HE'S YET TO SEE ONE PITCH...GEEZUS.

DH "950 OPS and clutch RISP" good or just plain good? Big difference.

LF He didn't improve in 2001 or 2002....NO way he is 18 for 20 in SB again either

1B Yes, he will be. No point in dealing him where he has no value. Audition him.

3B Wait until he does it for the WHOLE year, from a 6-hole at that.

CF You can forget about Mr. 8 Mill/multiple years, mediocre offense in last 3 years

SS Dealt....unless Koch and Konerko are dumped which I don't see.

C How the f*** do you know? Unbelievable.

Perez IS a left-handed Garland.

3.50 ERA from a closer great? You meant "pretty good" I hope?

Dude, Royals were LONG INJURIES TO KEY PLAYERS away from winning 88+ games last year. They lost Ibanez....and gain Stairs who MURDERS RHP.....Anderson who is better than Perez when you take the latter out of Dodger stadium and certainly better than most Royal starterKAST season.......Lescnic (sp) was nothing but solid for them and should be thre a FULL year this itme.....Mondesi will platoon with Tucker/Guile, making all 3 more effective.........Santiago is better than Mayne...........Graffainino MURDERS LHP, so he will be their super-platoon at 2B where they got next to nothing from Febles last year........rookie McGougal and Berroa should be a bit better, too.....And the Royals are NOT done yet, they are still looking for ONE more starting rotation piece that would make them a 90-win club in ALC............Pessimistic? No, I just realize where optimism over the last tow years has led to........Call it realism, whatever you want.

1) I know SOx baseball. I saw the improvement he made when ALomar came over. I am not the only one that has made that comment or saw the things I saw. There must be something to that. No?

2) He will never do it because I heard him say he will never do it. It was after a game that they asked him about it. I think it was after Everett stopped switch hitting for a game or 2 and started hitting good. Jose said it wasnt an option. Wonder why you dont remember that?

3)Mota is still realtively cheap and has good stuff. Enough said. I never cared about age. Pitchers seem to reach their peak in the 27-35 age range.

4) Who died and made you an expert on everything baseball? I never heard all of this about Garcia. ALl I heard was that he is tipping his pitches. I believe a change of scenery and a new pitching coach's perspective may change this. I believe it is woth a gamble as he has good stuff.

5) I have no idea what the hell you are talking about

6)I dont think a lot of Sox fans do love THomas. I think most are sick of his overall attitude towards everything. He was exciting about 7 years ago. He has been history for a while now. I wouldnt mind seeing a clubhouse without his selfish ass in it. Konerko is not easy to dump. However, I think KW will do whatever he has to just to get him off the team.

2B I doubt Harris bats leadoff.

RF He still looks good, pessimist.

DH again, you lost me.

LF He stol that many 2 years in a row, pessimist. He keeps improving. pessimist

1B We will see.

3B He still continues to improve, pessimist.

CF solid cf, ok how about Randy Winn?

SS Ridiculous assumption

C Batters usually mature and get better. That is why I said SHOULD

Wuold rather have Garland, I dont think Perez is as good as Garland.

is that 3.50 before he went to Boston? I can't wait to see Foulke's ERA in Boston. THat should be a treat.

Stairs sucks. I saw him with the Cub. One word. Sucks! Anderson is still average. I dont care if you compare him to Perez. How can this be? So optimistic at other team's players getting better. But ours? no? how is that possible? Santiago is old, over, done. Just because he is a little better than Mayne, who cares?