Good Bye Sox and Roll Radio

RedPinStripes

SnR will not be on air next year and the main site and our boards will go down Feb 1.

It's been a blast for us and it's tough to end it, but we really dont have the time for this. We barly had time to get 1 broadcast a week in. The main 3 guys this year were myself, Guido and CubKilla. We all work different shifts and days so it's really tough to get together. The only reason we did so many shows the first season of SnR is because JoeBatters and I were unemployed.

We've had a lot of good times on air , met some really cool people and I dont regret any of it. I'm just thankful none of use went to jail over it.

The email addresses @soxandroll.com will also be gone Feb. 1. So if anyone wants to meet for a beer at a game or tailgate you can always get me at redpinstripes@yahoo.com

The money it costs to run the station doesnt bother us. It's the time and effort it takes to promote it. If I had that time, SnR would still be around. I get 1 day a week off work normally and work 10-12 hours a day now. So a good off day for me is going to a Sox game instead of sitting in my house announcing one. (sorry)

I's like to thank everyone who listened and supported us. Yeah, we know we sucked, but werent supposed to be professional. Where else could you find a baseball game being announced where there would be a fights, cops yelling at us while they have no idea they were on air, mass quantities of beer and shots done live on air along with hard core Sox fans covering a game? We did it, we loved it, and ya never know...........We could be back one day

Special thanks to those who helped with the website and stations.

Graphics by WinningUgly! and Spiff. Techy work on the boards :Daver. And even that f*** head "The Critic"! He's the one who did all the celeberty call ins to SnR. Yup, the voices of Coach Bill, Macho Man, Shammy, HArray, Stoney and the rest of the puppets. Nice job.

And to Mario Scalise and Jason Gage . They promoted us the last season when Soxnet was up and running.

Thanks a lot everyone. Keep in touch!

RPS.

:snr

SnR will not be on air next year and the main site and our boards will go down Feb 1.

It's been a blast for us and it's tough to end it, but we really dont have the time for this. We barly had time to get 1 broadcast a week in. The main 3 guys this year were myself, Guido and CubKilla. We all work different shifts and days so it's really tough to get together. The only reason we did so many shows the first season of SnR is because JoeBatters and I were unemployed. 

We've had a lot of good times on air , met some really cool people and I dont regret any of it. I'm just thankful none of use went to jail over it.

The email addresses @soxandroll.com will also be gone Feb. 1. So if anyone wants to meet for a beer at a game or tailgate you can always get me at redpinstripes@yahoo.com

The money it costs to run the station doesnt bother us. It's the time and effort it takes to promote it. If I had that time, SnR would still be around. I get 1 day a week off work normally and work 10-12 hours a day now. So a good off day for me is going to a Sox game instead of sitting in my house announcing one. (sorry) 

I's like to thank everyone who listened and supported us. Yeah, we know we sucked, but werent supposed to be professional. Where else could you find a baseball game being announced where there would be a fights, cops yelling at us while they have no idea they were on air, mass quantities of beer and shots done live on air along with hard core Sox fans covering a game? We did it, we loved it, and ya never know...........We could be back one day 

Special thanks to those who helped with the website and stations.

Graphics by WinningUgly! and Spiff. Techy work on the boards :Daver. And even that f*** head "The Critic"! He's the one who did all the celeberty call ins to SnR. Yup, the voices of Coach Bill, Macho Man, Shammy, HArray, Stoney and the rest of the puppets. Nice job.

And to Mario Scalise and Jason Gage . They promoted us the last season when Soxnet was up and running.

Thanks a lot everyone. Keep in touch!

RPS.

:snr

Darn no more Slayer Tunes :headbang in the Backround while listening to the game.

Damn, damn, damn!

Mad respects to everyone who brought it to life and left it all out there on the field, er, beer stained couch. Don't sell yourselves short, at your most phone-it-in-iest you guys were still better and funner than all MLB announcers not named 'Hawk'........I know I laughed my ass off among, um, other things while listening to SnR broadcasts in 2003. It will be greatly missed.

I hope somewhere there exists a compilation tape, Best of or the Rowdiest of or Stupidest of. There better be.

RIP

I dont have a lot from this year, but i do have some highlights on .wave files.

I have some old stuff. I wish i had the files from when the cops used to try to break up our show. Desplaine's finest got pissed off when they figured out there was a microphone on the whole time . :ph34r:

Those days a t Joebatters place were the roudiest broadcasts we ever had. But, dammit i got sick of the cops coming and JB's white trash neighbors. That guy used to talk s*** and run away when it was time to settle it.

Good times :drink

I dont have a lot from this year, but i do have some highlights on .wave files.

Is there any way to publish it on SoxTalk message forum or to e-mail it to me? People say 2002 season was the funniest/best.

What file size are we talking about here?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Is there any way to publish it on SoxTalk message forum or to e-mail it to me?  People say 2002 season was the funniest/best.

What file size are we talking about here?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Most are at least 10 mb. If anything, i can burn them on disk and give them away . I have hundereds of blank disks.

RPS, thanks to you, Guido, and all guilty parties for broadcasting as you could the last two years. It seems Guido's taste in beer improved over time, and I hold out all faith that all your tastes in music will similarly improve given time. ;)

Just joking, you know. You all did a hell of a job and I think you had more of a following than you realized. You got me through many a weekend at the office with your uncensored takes on our favorite ballclub. Cheers!

:drink :drink

Most are at least 10 mb. If anything, i can burn them on disk and give them away . I have hundereds of blank disks.

Great news. Looking back to 2002 in particular, there were so many games that I wish I heard through SnR.

And I keep hearing about these celeb call-ins by the The Critic.....what was that all about? you got any recs of that? Cops being mic'd? HAHA

I hope you're not planning to get rid of the .wave stuff like in the next 3-4 months if possible.

:headbang :cheers

Thanks for the last couple of years, RPS. I used to turn down Hawk and DJ to hear you guys, occasionally even dropping a line to ya. I got to meet Killa and Guido when I came up this past July from South Carolina for the KC series. Its been great, and it was appreciated more than you guys probably know.

And remember......

in the voice of Randy Savage "Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind...up in here, up in here...ya'll gonna make me kick Hogans ass....up in here, up in here."

God, I was f***ing dying that night....

QUITTER!!!!!

People COUNTED on you to have NOTHING BETTER to do on a Saturday night than turn the sound down on the TV and babble into the world's cheapest, most rickety, tape-covered, grimy $5 microphone!!!

NOW who will swear up a blue streak at the foibles of such luminaries as Willie Harris and JosE6 Valentin????

Where will I turn now to do my stupid little puppet shows???

I was working on a KILLER Joey Cora impression:

"ANDELE, ANDELE, hooooryup, dee throw eez ON DEE WAYEEE!!!!"

..............you selfish little bastard.............

LONG LIVE SnR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang :snr :headbang

Sad to see it go but it was cool while it lasted. The best was this past summer when I kept touting Rowand via AIM while everyone told me to shut up. A few innings later Rowand homered to make it like 10-1 (Sox losing) and when I piped back up everyone yelled WHERE WAS HE FOUR INNINGS AGO WHEN THE BASES WERE LOADED :lol:

Ah well it was a stellar program, maybe you can start it back up again if you ever get fired? :cheers

Sad to see it go but it was cool while it lasted.  The best was this past summer when I kept touting Rowand via AIM while everyone told me to shut up.  A few innings later Rowand homered to make it like 10-1 (Sox losing) and when I piped back up everyone yelled WHERE WAS HE FOUR INNINGS AGO WHEN THE BASES WERE LOADED :lol:

Ah well it was a stellar program, maybe you can start it back up again if you ever get fired? :cheers

Thanx everyone.

Well i hope to not get fired, but maybe when our schedules dont colide like they do now we would be able to do something possibly. As of right now me Killa and Guido all work different shifts and have different off days. That's why we were barly able to get a show a week in. We'll sit this year out and see how it goes.

I dont have any of the cops crashing the party on file because those shows were all done from JoeBatters place and who knows where he is or what happened to his pc. We didnt archive anything on his pc because it was virus infected and came close to imploading during broadcasts.

Hope to tail gate with you guys this year before we watch our minor league baseball team take the field.

Its sad to see the show go. You guys did an awesome job. I remember quite often, especially during the inagural season, listening to you guys, catching a game that I couldn' see and getting to laugh my ass off at critics impressions and all of your guys honest rants on the team, instead of hearing a homer.

SNR set a style and without SNR, this site wouldn't of grown to what it is. And RPS, anytime you want to start it back up, you know you guys are always welcome to advertise your shows here, no questions asked.

And when I get this site on the dedicated server, we'll have plenty of room if you want to put a few chosen clips somewhere for people to pull it and if you guys do shows again, I'm pretty sure you guys could use the server as well...well once were on dedicated.

You guys rocked :snr and the SNR smilie will always exist at Soxtalk, so you won't be forgotten :lol: