GET TWINS FA'S

Ishmookie

I can't see why we shouldn't giv Moss a chance. I think if Coop can hav a full season with him he can turn him into a real good starter. He did win 12 games in Atlanta ya know. Hocking's a scrapper but I don't think he'd sign here, he'd be afta regular playin time.

I can't see why we shouldn't giv Moss a chance. I think if Coop can hav a full season with him he can turn him into a real good starter. He did win 12 games in Atlanta ya know. Hocking's a scrapper but I don't think he'd sign here, he'd be afta regular playin time.

I guess it's my opinion. I saw him pitch down here 2 years ago and he pitched well. But he's not a guy who i would go Goo Goo Ga Ga for

I guess it's my opinion. I saw him pitch down here 2 years ago and he pitched well. But he's not a guy who i would go Goo Goo Ga Ga for

I guess I'm just biased. I really want an Aussie I can root for on this team. :lol:

Hocking would be a nice backup utility man for several reasons.

1. He's a veteran with a good attitude and positive clubhouse presence.

2. He would come cheaply, IMO, which is a plus considering the payroll restraints.

3. He's a former Twin who knows the division, knows how to win, and knows the Twins inside and out - an advantage for us.

As for him hitting only .220, well, that's about 20 points higher than any MLB batting average that Willie Harris has ever sniffed. ;)

As for Damian Moss, well, the only "Moss" you'll see on the White Sox this year is the moss growing on Paul Konerko as he plods to first base on a grounder.

why dont you like moss he is a good forth or fifth starter he's a good pickup.

Everyone on this site seems to think you need to have a .600 winning percentage to be worthy of starting for us. I get the feeling Cotts for Clemens would be debated here as Cotts has more upside. I personally think cotts will never see the majors again. Control and a good batting eye can not be taught.

Everyone on this site seems to think you need to have a .600 winning percentage to be worthy of starting for us.  I get the feeling Cotts for Clemens would be debated here as Cotts has more upside.  I personally think cotts will never see the majors again.  Control and a good batting eye can not be taught.

That's where your wrong. Cotts will see majors again. I dunno if it will be for the sox but he will if he's on another team. I believe, IMO, that Cotts and Moss are the same pitchers as far as control. Did you see how many walks Moss had last year? Cotts can at least Strike people out. (check his minor league stats and he only issued I think 1 or 2 hrs. that's it!) Control and batting eye can be taught. It might not be that BIG of a difference, but it will improve someone's swing (as far as batters) or velocity (as far as pitching.)

Everyone on this site seems to think you need to have a .600 winning percentage to be worthy of starting for us.  I get the feeling Cotts for Clemens would be debated here as Cotts has more upside.  I personally think cotts will never see the majors again.  Control and a good batting eye can not be taught.

That's where your wrong. Cotts will see majors again. I dunno if it will be for the sox but he will if he's on another team or not. I believe, IMO, that Cotts and Moss are the same pitchers as far as control. Did you see how many walks Moss had last year? Cotts can at least Strike people out. (check his minor league stats and he only issued I think 1 or 2 hrs. that's it!) Control and batting eye can be taught. It might not be that BIG of a difference, but it will improve someone's swing (as far as batters) or velocity (as far as pitching.)

See what I mean about people giving up on our young guys before they have a chance to prove anything? :P Here's a prime example.

When and if Cotts arrives with the parent club and sticks around, I sure hope he'll hang around with Buehrle and talk with him every chance he gets. David Wells, the fat blob that he was, didn't do much for the White Sox, but one thing he DID do was impart valuable advice and knowledge to Mark Buehrle (according to Mark). It helped Mark tremendously (once again, according to Mark). Let's hope Buehrle follows the same karma route and takes Cotts under his wing. It could really make a difference.

I would love to think of a 2005 rotation that includes Buehrle and Cotts, with Cotts being a Buehrle clone and winning 14 games and MB winning 17-20.