Baseball Notes....

JoshPR

Hmm Baez will either be a closer or a starter in Tampa Bay, more likely the former, great pickup for them. To win 70 games isn't out of the question for em in 2004. Padres were desperate to get rid of Jarvis but I dunno takin on Cirillo was the best option.

jon rauch is straight up bad....

how can you be seven feet tall and barely be able to throw 90

:bang

Huh?

Pedro Martinez is 5'10'' and throws it 95-97, Barry Zito is 5'10'', throws it 85-88, Randy Johnson is 6'10'' and throws it 97-99, and Jon Rauch is 6'11'' and throws it 88-90.

Do you see a pattern, because I sure as hell don't.

Huh?

Pedro Martinez is 5'10'' and throws it 95-97, Barry Zito is 5'10'', throws it 85-88, Randy Johnson is 6'10'' and throws it 97-99, and Jon Rauch is 6'11'' and throws it 88-90.

Do you see a pattern, because I sure as hell don't.

Not that it helps or hurts your argument, but Zito is 6'4", and Pedro rarely ever hits 95 anymore, nevermind 97.

Koch ain't much taller than Wagner and he used to hit 98 consistently before the curse of being with the White Sox hit him. Screw the Curse of the Bambino, look what we do to good pitchers when they come here from another team: Wells ucked, Ritchie sucked more, Colon sucked for most of the season. I shall call it the Curse of Blackjack McDowell.

Koch ain't much taller than Wagner and he used to hit 98 consistently before the curse of being with the White Sox hit him. Screw the Curse of the Bambino, look what we do to good pitchers when they come here from another team: Wells ucked, Ritchie sucked more, Colon sucked for most of the season. I shall call it the Curse of Blackjack McDowell.

First of all, Ritchie was never a good pitcher anyway. And Colon did not suck last season. If you look at his stats he was "decent." Not his ace material, but defientely was't bad eigher. Hell he was in the top 3 for complate games come on :bang. Look at the people just this year who came to the sox and we reignited thier careers. Loaiza, gordon etc.. Even people from the past got their careers back from being in the GREAT white sox uni. :D

First of all, Ritchie was never a good pitcher anyway. And Colon did not suck last season. If you look at his stats he was "decent." Not his ace material, but defientely was't bad eigher. Hell he was in the top 3 for complate games come on :bang. Look at the people just this year who came to the sox and we reignited thier careers. Loaiza, gordon etc.. Even people from the past got their careers back from being in the GREAT white sox uni. :D

Does that count Cal Eldred too? :)

Screw the Curse of the Bambino, look what we do to good pitchers when they come here from another team: Wells ucked, Ritchie sucked more, Colon sucked for most of the season. I shall call it the Curse of Blackjack McDowell.

What is wrong with you? Wells wouldn't have sucked if our management would have mad him get in shape and control his back problems. Ritchie sucked before he got here. I never thought Colon sucked last year, but hey that is your opinion. Blackjack sucked once he left. Alvarez sucked. Alex Fernandez sucked. Foulke will suck this year in a hitter park, anyone willing to gamble on that? I sure am willing to. I am sure there are way more pitchers that we let go/traded that did bad than did good. I am also willing to bet that Koch wil be fine.

What is wrong with you? Wells wouldn't have sucked if our management would have mad him get in shape and control his back problems. Ritchie sucked before he got here. I never thought Colon sucked last year, but hey that is your opinion. Blackjack sucked once he left. Alvarez sucked. Alex Fernandez sucked. Foulke will suck this year in a hitter park, anyone willing to gamble on that? I sure am willing to. I am sure there are way more pitchers that we let go/traded that did bad than did good. I am also willing to bet that Koch wil be fine

Hey calm down man, it was just a joke. And anyway, Wells sucked for no good reason. You can say it was management, or injuries or whatever, but the fact is he sucked once he got here and didn't once he left. Ritchie didn't suck nearly to the degree did here before he arrived. Colon was 6-9 with a 4.36 ERA in mid-July, and was never more than two games over .500 for the entire season. He had a 4.97 ERA in June and a 4.50 ERA in August. He was brilliant at the end of the season but I don't believe that we got nearly what we bargained for. I just named it after Blackjack McDowell since he was the last pitcher the Sox had that dominated for more than one season, not because he matched the criteria. As for Loaiza, he was never good and Gordon hadn't been good for several seasons. I specifically said that I was referring to pitchers who were good when they came here. Anyway, whatever, I don't really care that much, like I said I was only joking around.