Best/Worst Commercials

Best IMO: I love the one where the two information guys knock themselves out leaving the guy stranded in the meeting without any of the figures. I love watching the guy hit the filing cabinet.

Worst IMO: McDonalds commercial featuring basketball on rollerblades. It annoys the hell out of me.

I like the Bret Favre Mastercard commercial. I laugh everytime I see it.

"I would of watched out for the water mayne."

" I would've double bagged it" :lol:

Favorite: Real Men of Genius Commercials (Cart Wrangler especially)

Worst: The US Cellular commercials, I don't know why, but whoever that chick is.....she annoys the hell out of me.

" I would've double bagged it"  :lol:

Worst: The US Cellular commercials, I don't know why, but whoever that chick is.....she annoys the hell out of me.

That 'annoying chick' is home-grown, Evanstan-raised Joan Cusack. She's supposed to annoy, she's built that way on purpose. I usually like the off-center roles she gets. I thought she thought she was really good as Robin Williams robot sister in Barry Levinson's 'Toys.' Then again, I know I'm one of the few people who though highly of that film, so what do I know?

Re, commercials, I like the Mike's Hard Lemonade ads like the one that has the invading killer aliens stealing a guys girlfriend and his buddy saying "Bummer... you look like you could use a Mike's Hard Lemonade."

I liked the car commersial from 6 months or so ago that used the instrumental intro part of Jethro Tull's 'Thick as a Brick Edit 1,' because I never figured I'd hear a Tull song as part of a tv ad.

I dislike the "Can you hear me now?" cellular commercials quite a bit, but I guess that guy is going to be this decade's equivalent of the "Where's the beef?" Selma what's-her-name.

" I would've double bagged it"  :lol:

FlaSoxx beat me to it, but she's the reason I call USCF by a different nickname than most do.

On the way to Opening day last year, riding on the EL, they have those posters up for US Cellular, the ones with Joan pictured prominently. My friend pointed out, "that chicks everywhere".

"Joan?" I replied .... I then pointed out that she was the main spokesperson for the new stadiums namesake. So we decided since Bank One Ballpark is called the BOB, and Joe Lewis Arena is called the JOE, we would call USCF the JOAN.

i love that citibank commercial where they are talking about credit card fraudand have that 50 year old guy sitting in chair talking like the 20 something ditz who stole his credit card..."1500 dollars for a leather bust- e - aye (sp)..what do i care...hey it lifts and seperates..besides its not like i was paying for it ..haha"

i love that citibank commercial where they are talking about credit card fraudand have that 50 year old guy sitting in chair talking like the 20 something ditz who stole his credit card..."1500 dollars for a leather bust- e - aye (sp)..what do i care...hey it lifts and seperates..besides its not like i was paying for it ..haha"

LOL...definately baggio....thats a good one...I still like the ESPN office guys ones.

"Thats a double"

"NO!! Thats a single"

"Fine, its a single.....and, he steals second"

"He can't steal second!!"

Hehe, shelve baseball...good stuff.

On the flip side of that....if I EVER see one of those DAMNED 2-way walkie talkie commercials again, it will be too soon. That stupid one with the wedding, the Priest, groom and bride all using those things..Damn, I hate those.

Citibank has the best ones. All three of them are good, the guy in the sofa, the old woman cleaning the pool and the woman at the beauty salon.

Two commercials I hate: the walkie talkies with PITTSBURGH PAPER. I fail to see what it proves. Also the Wendy's commercial with IF THERE WAS A PLACE LIKE THAT OPEN NOW I'D NOT ONLY DRIVE I'D BUY. Especially the guy that goes, "...with everything...". Pay attention to him next time you see it, he's flat out creepy.

Are you talking about the one with the go cart race?  If so then hell yeah,  that one is the bomb.

What the hell is that song? Everytime I see the commercial I can't get the song out of my head for days! I love it!

I like the commercials they show on CNBC all the time with the guy in his office and they keep saying "So, how much software do you want to buy." When that guy tries to escape by throwing the chair through his window and it bounces back at him...I crack up everytime!

Re, commercials, I like the Mike's Hard Lemonade ads like the one that has the invading killer aliens stealing a guys girlfriend and his buddy saying "Bummer... you look like you could use a Mike's Hard Lemonade."

The Mike's Hard Lemonade has had some of the best commercials. Mountain Dew comes out with some good ones as well - the guy getting swallowed by the whale, lights a flare and sees all the other people...

if you like that music, check out the movie Rushmore.  It's filled with this pseudo british invasion rock that sounds just like the music in that commercial.

That song is the Who doing "Happy Jack". That is British invasion.

The worst:: McDonald's...any of their commercials that have that f***ing "I'm lovin' it" song playing. Seriously, I can't stand it. They really bug the living s*** out of me.

The best:: tough question...I forget which company it was but the commercial with the 401K and the people in the office are celebrating, like the one dude jumping onto the cube into his coworkers arms kinda like they do at Lambeau Field. Now that is funny. I also love the GEICO one where it's the commercial for the hair club. That one cracks me up every time.

The Mike's Hard Lemonade has had some of the best commercials.  Mountain Dew comes out with some good ones as well - the guy getting swallowed by the whale, lights a flare and sees all the other people...

The Mike's that I like the most is where the lumberjack gets his hand cutoff so his buddy takes him to the bar for a Mike's. So the bartender slides the bottle down the bar, dude sticks out his arm to catch it, but his hand was gone so it just slid off the end of the bar. classic.