NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha no joke. I can't believe GT pulled that off; they're now 5-0 to start the season.

I was pretty disappointed in the Maui this year for obvious reasons, but from what I saw posted in another thread it should be filled w/ the better schools again next year. Just the past two years have been fun to watch the Maui as an Indiana resident. Ball State went to the finals 2 years ago beating a highly ranked KU and UCLA on the way to getting beat by Duke :angry: ......However, IU's one highlight last season LOL was winning the Maui. It was where Bracey Wright emerged.

• 1 month later...

Some good games the last couple of days. Syracuse looked tough again blasting Mizzou, in Missouri, and Oklahoma got destroyed by UConn by 30 points. The ACC is looking by far and away the best confrence in the country. The Big 10 is a joke right now, and that is accented by having Penn State tied for first place, early on.

Mizzou has been terrible since losing to illinois, including losses to Belmont @ home no less, Memphis, and Iowa state... That's hardly a good win-- especilly considering that was thier first game outside the state of New York... I hate Syracuse and Jim Boehiem. They play at least 20 home games a year, so that they can reach the 20 win mark and be assured of getting in the tournament. Syracuse has yet to play a ranked opponent.

how bout you take a john cheney, Tom Izzo approach, play anybody anywhere.

MSU has played 6 ranked opponents -- 3 on the road.

Temple has only played one ranked team, but they have only played 4 home games, with 7 on the road, compared to 11 and 2 for Syracuse, respectively.

Gonzaga is far more impressive than Syracuse... thier only losses, two of them, have come on the road against teams ranked in the top 6, and they lost by 7 points both times.

ACC does look like the stud conference out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put a team in the final four. The tourny is a strange mistress.

Mizzou has been terrible since losing to illinois, including losses to Belmont @ home no less, Memphis, and Iowa state... That's hardly a good win-- especilly considering that was thier first game outside the state of New York...  I hate Syracuse and Jim Boehiem.  They play at least 20 home games a year, so that they can reach the 20 win mark and be assured of getting in the tournament.  Syracuse has yet to play a ranked opponent.

how bout you take a john cheney, Tom Izzo approach, play anybody anywhere.

MSU has played 6 ranked opponents -- 3 on the road.

Temple has only played one ranked team, but they have only played 4 home games, with 7 on the road, compared to 11 and 2 for Syracuse, respectively.

Gonzaga is far more impressive than Syracuse... thier only losses, two of them, have come on the road against teams ranked in the top 6, and they lost by 7 points both times.

ACC does look like the stud conference out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put a team in the final four.  The tourny is a strange mistress.

There is one big theme with lots of the early disappointment teams such as MSU, Mizzou, Texas, and OU among others...no point guards.

i didn't expect anything out of MSU -- before the kansas game I said they were the most overrated team in the country. I really expected more out of Mizzou though. Actually they are still on pace for about the win total I would have guessed. I bet they are one of the teams to beat come tournament time though.

The big ten though is looking terrible..

Purdue- a tourney team- doesn't make it to the second weekend

MSU- needs to string some wins together to get into the tourney

Wisconsin -- the only tourney guarentee.-- sweet 16 and that's about it

Illinois -- they'll make the tourney -- sweet 16?? probably

Michigan -- Higher hopes this year -- they're still not good.

Minnesota -- Your best player is a freshman -- he'll be gone next year

Iowa -- Could be sleeper team in Big Ten -- Could just fall asleep at the wheel though too

Northwestern -- well they got one road victory in the big ten they might get two if they play at penn st.

Indiana -- I've seen more size on a HS debate team, its about time they scored more than 50 points -- I was beginning to think we were in the pre shot clock era again.

Penn ST -- Just bad, just bad

Texas beat Wake Forest

Thats good to see that an ACC team finally got handeled. Just think how good Texas would be this year with TJ Ford. That Royal Ivey kid has got some moves for the Longhorns i must say.

Speaking of teams that would be awesome if.... Georgia Tech still had Chris Bosh, that would be an even scarier team.

A lot of interesting stuff going on tonight

Cincy spanks Marquette

UConn blows out Georgetown (3rd straight loss for Hoyas)

Nothern Iowa is beating Creighton by 9

OK st is blowing out OU by 17 with 8 minutes left to play

and Purdue is leading Wisconson by 8 with 7 minutes to play