NCAA hoops thread

Wow, Mich St won by 1.... thats absolutely huge for them and the conference.  We need them to start playing some good ball to get the big 10 their 5 teams for sure.  Im still thinking that Wiscy, Purdue, Illinois are just in for sure, with Indiana and Leach playing some awesome ball, im thinking they are in, but we need Mich St to represent big 10 team # 5.

go illini!

The way I see it, Wisc and Purdue are in for sure.... just go .500 and they make the tourney. Illinois, MSU, and Indiana have to keep playing well in the big ten to make it, and Iowa, Mich, and Minn all have a shot to run the table in the Big Ten tourney to make it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, Wisc and Purdue are in for sure.... just go .500 and they make the tourney.  Illinois, MSU, and Indiana have to keep playing well in the big ten to make it, and Iowa, Mich, and Minn all have a shot to run the table in the Big Ten tourney to make it.

All bias aside...

State is going to get in. They are going to get slack from the committee. Benefit of the doubt if you will. A program that has proven itself, with the hardest schedule ever. Plus, they are a big money team. Even if they do not fully deserve to get in, they will. The committee will also view them as having a chance to make a good run. Just look at what happen with 'Bama last year.

All bias aside...

State is going to get in. They are going to get slack from the committee. Benefit of the doubt if you will. A program that has proven itself, with the hardest schedule ever. Plus, the are a big money team. Even if they do not fully deserve to get in, they will. The committee will also view them as having a chance to make a good run. Just look at what happen with 'Bama last year.

Thats a good point, because this years schedule was the hardest one i've ever seen anyone play before, and they should finish up with about the same record that the Tide had....

In the Missouri Valley the Illinois State Redbirds upset Northern Iowa at UNI 68-60. This win got ISU out of the cellar and knocked UNI out of a tie with Creighton for second place.

:bringit Bradley! You're going down this Saturday!

Here's the current standings of the nation's best mid-major...

Missouri Valley Overall

School Record Pct. PF PA Record Pct. PF PA Home Away Neutral

Southern Illinois 9-0 1.000 70.3 58.4 15-2 .882 71.8 61.6 7-1 8-1 0-0

Creighton 7-2 .778 66.6 60.4 15-2 .882 70.3 58.3 10-0 5-2 0-0

Northern Iowa 6-3 .667 70.2 65.9 11-6 .647 71.4 65.7 9-3 2-3 0-0

Southwest Missouri State 5-4 .556 61.6 62.8 13-7 .650 67.0 63.3 9-3 3-3 1-1

Wichita State 5-4 .556 73.1 66.8 12-7 .632 72.2 65.1 6-4 4-2 2-1

Drake 4-5 .444 65.7 66.6 8-9 .471 69.4 69.5 4-4 3-5 1-0

Indiana State 4-5 .444 57.2 59.6 8-9 .471 59.5 61.8 6-2 2-5 0-2

Illinois State 2-7 .222 55.9 59.7 6-11 .353 65.2 65.6 5-3 1-8 0-0

Evansville 2-7 .222 65.7 76.4 3-14 .176 66.6 75.4 2-5 1-9 0-0

Bradley 1-8 .111 58.3 68.0 8-12 .400 67.0 70.2 6-4 1-7 1-1

PF = Points For

PA = Points Against

Well, my South Carolina boys are now 18-2, and 5-1 in the SEC!!! Dunno how you cant get them a slot in the Big Dance right now. Dave Odom could quite possibly be Coach of the Year for his efforts with a team that was "supposed" to finish last in the confrence. Kudos to Coach Odom and the guys in Columbia, SC!!

KU lost to Ball State two years ago, and still made it to the Final Four.

Losses in the regular season may drop you down a notch, but all that matters is your play in the madness.

Two little notes for you

1. KU is 5-0 in one of the hardest conferences in the nation

2. Your argument with Richmond and Nevada is getting old. Kansas is a young team and playing extremely well.

True test coming against MIzzou.

KU lost to Ball State two years ago, and still made it to the Final Four.

Losses in the regular season may drop you down a notch, but all that matters is your play in the madness.

Two little notes for you

1.  KU is 5-0 in one of the hardest conferences in the nation

2.  Your argument with Richmond and Nevada is getting old.  Kansas is a young team and playing extremely well.

True test coming against MIzzou.

So playing the toughest schedule in the nation gets you "laughed at", but losing to Richmond and Nevada only "takes you down a notch" ?

Wow, that is really pathetic man. You could at least be consistant.

Playing the toughest schedule is hard for a team. But, at least win one of those games.

Tom Izzo was dealt with a tough hand because of idiots who leave school early. Michigan State should make the tourney if they have a wonderful record in the Big 10. But, the conference is not that special this year, besides Wisconsin.

There is no excuse for losing to crap like my jayhawks have this year, but hell bad losses built charachter.

Self has KU playing its best ball now, it took a while for the player to get used to the high-low offense, and away from the secondary break. Simien is playing like a beast, and Miles i probably the best point guard in the nation(if you do not involve shooting). Miles is averaging 7 assists a night in the big 12.

Also, I know it is hard to win over any people in Chicago due to their bias against Self, which is understandable. I cant stand Roy Benedict Williams.

South Side who is your team??

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, on to Ames to beat the school with drunken coaches, sex offenders for Assistants and Jackson Vroman.

Playing the toughest schedule is hard for a team.  But, at least win one of those games.

Tom Izzo was dealt with a tough hand because of idiots who leave school early.  Michigan State should make the tourney if they have a wonderful record in the Big 10.  But, the conference is not that special this year, besides Wisconsin.

There is no excuse for losing to crap like my jayhawks have this year, but hell bad losses built charachter.

Self has KU playing its best ball now, it took a while for the player to get used to the high-low offense, and away from the secondary break.  Simien is playing like a beast, and Miles i probably the best point guard in the nation(if you do not involve shooting).  Miles is averaging 7 assists a night in the big 12.

Also, I know it is hard to win over any people in Chicago due to their bias against Self, which is understandable.  I cant stand Roy Benedict Williams.

South Side who is your team??

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, on to Ames to beat the school with drunken coaches, sex offenders for Assistants and Jackson Vroman.

I don't have a team per se, but I follow the sport religiously. I guess Kentucky would be my favorite team now, but I root for a lot of teams because of kids that I follow at the HS level go on to play all over the place.

I followed MSU pretty closely for a while around Zach Randolph going up there to play.

I have followed IU a lot too because of a lot of kids I have seen, ending up there. Such as Jared Jeffries.

I know Steve Alford from college so I root for Iowa too. Plus Brody Boyd I saw in HS.

Rick Pitino is my all time favorite college coach, so I have picked up Louisville

Sean May is a guy I saw play in HS, so I root for him to do something, along with NC. Plus Roy Williams is a really respectable guy, and has never had any problems.

For some reason I like following Bobby Knight so TX Tech is a team I like to watch, plus Andre Emmitt is fun to watch.

But most of all I love watching the game. Outside of IN HS basketball, there is nothing as pure as college basketball.

south sider that sounds good to me.

Texas Tech comes to Lawrence next week and that is going to be a battle. I cannot wait for that game

Breaking news out of columbia, Mizzou

Linas Kleiza has just separated his shoulder, goodbye you crying euro trash.

I will talk NCAA Bball all day with you, just stop knocking the Jayhawks.

south sider that sounds good to me.

Texas Tech comes to Lawrence next week and that is going to be a battle. I cannot wait for that game

Breaking news out of columbia, Mizzou

Linas Kleiza has just separated his shoulder, goodbye you crying euro trash.

I will talk NCAA Bball all day with you, just stop knocking the Jayhawks.

All I am asking for is some objectivity. I don't mind Kansas, but don't slam on teams for one thing, and then ignore other things that make Kansas look bad.

First off, Purdue looks pretty special this season too.

You bash State for losing to Duke, Kentucky, Oklahoma, your ALL MIGHTY Kansas, Syracuse, and Wisconsin. The only non-ranked team to beat State was UCLA -- at the game where UCLA honored Wooden might I add.

You are too bias to even have a discussion with. You say that the fact Kansas lost to Richmond and Neveda is getting old...but what about you saying that State not beating one of their easy opponents? You say that everytime State is brought up.

Don't give me the best conference in the nation bulls*** too. Kansas plays SIX ranked teams during the regular season. Two of whom are not even in the Big 12 (State and Stanford). Who the f*** is Fort Hayes State? I am sure they are right on par with Duke or Kentucky.

I am pretty sure I have explained myself.

Richmond and Nevada are s***ty losses nuff said.

Do I think KU is tourney ready right now...NO

do I think KU is playing well now....yes

We have 3 starters who have 2 final fours already.

Plus Freshman David PAdgett and JR Giddens look talented now, especially PAdgett.

Mike Lee is a sharpshooter.

Wooo stevey calm down

I happen to really like Michigan State,and have been to a fw of their games this year.

If I come off too bias, I apologize.

I believe that KU is stuck with thi half assed schedule for two reasons.

1. Roy WIllliams is a b**** and schedules every school in Kansas, and Self cannot change that schedule so fast.

2. I do not believe Self wanted a tough schedule, because he wanted to give KU a good record to win the fans over.

Next year I know KU is scheduled to play Kentucky and Duke and Michigan State agains, among others.

Kansas at Iowa State on Saturday. If you've been a KU fan for long, you probably know of Hilton Magic. Expect it to be in full force.

Speaking as someone who's been to many games there... Thier schedule is not all that favorable... The real Hiton Magic usually seemed to happen on the weeknights... Saturdays were not quite as loud or rambunctious.

I've heard of Hilton Magic, but it has not been to magical.  If that is what you rely on "magic" you have some coming to ya.

I would rather rely on talent.

ISU home of boozing coaches, sex offenders for assistants and Jackson Vroman.

Kansas is 15-17 all time at Hilton Colesium. Iowa State hasn't exactly been powerful since it opened but they usually seem to turn it up a notch there. I think there's something to be said about that.

There's talent in the form of Stinson and Blalock also, I expect the place to be rocking.

And as far as ISU being home to those things.....the only returning coaches are Morgan and Sunvold....and as far as Vroman, I'd be willing to convert to Hawkeyedom if it can't be said that one of the Jayhakws hasn't smoked pot or drank.

Speaking as someone who's been to many games there... Thier schedule is not all that favorable... The real Hiton Magic usually seemed to happen on the weeknights... Saturdays were not quite as loud or rambunctious.

They're still a totally different team at home. Did you catch any of the Iowa game? Now Alford's whining to the the Big 10 saying that the visiting team should be penalized such as when ISU fans chanted "No means No", "Beware of the Backdoor" and "Watch out for the penetration" in reference to Pierce.

Jackson Vroman is one of the worst players I have ever seen. I loved when Aaron Miles punched him last year.

My opinion of Alford is he is a deuschbag, i love when Boers and Bernsey rip on him. Iowas State has great fans, but great fans do not always equate to a victory.

I expect the Jayhawks to win this game, they are playing real well in the last few games. Though I am excited to watch Stinson.

Jackson Vroman is one of the worst players I have ever seen.  I loved when Aaron Miles punched him last year.

My opinion of Alford is he is a deuschbag, i love when Boers and Bernsey rip on him.  Iowas State has great fans, but great fans do not always equate to a victory.

I expect the Jayhawks to win this game, they are playing real well in the last few games.  Though I am excited to watch Stinson.

I want to see Self, but growing up watching the Cyclones play the Kansas teams wih LaFrentz, Hinrich and Collison and seeing the fans give 'em hell really got into my blood quickly.

Those three players, David Harrison and the Iowa Hawkeyes ware the only one I think the fans really go after.

Plus, as a Cyclone fan, we have traditionally need whatever we could get on our side. :D