NCAA hoops thread

Indiana goes down at home to Iowa.... They were lucky to get to overtime, and even luckier to get to double OT.

Unfortunately it appears that IU's streak of going to the Tourny(2nd longest to the U of A I believe) is going to come to an end with this crushing lose(unless they get lucky and win the Big 10 Tourny). Some of the IU faithful are getting impatient with Mike Davis, and he better hope that this incoming class is as good as advertised or he could be out as IU's coach in the next couple of years.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ags are playing some good ball right now. Lets hope they can keep it up against some better competition. Started out the Ohio State game 17-21. IU showed they are not very good, MN are worst in Big Ten, and Ohio State is not super tough this year, but it's a start.

Glad we could help. We've been smoked in the last two games. We really need to win in Manhattan to keep any NCAA hope alive.

Jaspers are tough...but who would have ever though someone would say they really need a win against Manhatten of all teams to keep tourny hopes alive. ;)

Steve Manhattan is Kansas State.

Why the f*** would ISU play Manhattan college now????

Soxheads you see Giddens shoot today, scary.

I just figured it was another weak Big 12 schedule. :rolleyes:

My bad, I read that wrong. Although Manhattan would probably be a tougher game than KState (completely basing it on Manhattan's tough performance in the NCAA's last year; I think Flores graduated though).

Unfortunately it appears that IU's streak of going to the Tourny(2nd longest to the U of A I believe) is going to come to an end with this crushing lose(unless they get lucky and win the Big 10 Tourny). Some of the IU faithful are getting impatient with Mike Davis, and he better hope that this incoming class is as good as advertised or he could be out as IU's coach in the next couple of years.

Yeah...I really feel cheated after last night's game...I just don't see us making the tourney if everything ended today. Winning the Big Ten Tourney may be our last shot at playing in late March.... <_>

me and you both.

Fight to the death between the hoosiers and illini.  BRING IT ON!  :lolhitting

Ha it'll only between our two schools if the Hoosiers can get to the final round of the Big Ten tourney.... :unsure:

We're just not bringing it this year.

It's so crazy to think this streak could end. The Hoosiers have been going to the tourney every year since I've been born. The March before I was born was the first appearance in this 18 year old streak.

Ha it'll only between our two schools if the Hoosiers can get to the final round of the Big Ten tourney.... :unsure:

We're just not bringing it this year. 

It's so crazy to think this streak could end.  The Hoosiers have been going to the tourney every year since I've been born.  The March before I was born was the first appearance in this 18 year old streak.

your right, IU needs to get their ass in gear if they want in the tourney.

I crapped my pants when I saw IU tie it up then I jumped for joy when I thought Iowa hit the shot with time remaining.  At least they won in Overtime. 

Big win for the Hawkeyes who better hope they can at least get into the NIT.

I hate Iowa. Alford is a pussy, I can't stand that guy. I've heard he's already sent in complaints about 4 different Big 10 student groups because of their taunting of the rapist on his team. And he also complained to the Big 12 about the Iowa St. crowd.

Illini get another conferencce win, beating the gophers 79-69. :headbang

Yeah, that was good times today! I knew we would come back after being down 15, i didnt think we'd do it before the half. Dee and Deron had very nice games, but i was most impressed with Jack Ingram in the 1st half. He was playing his ass off for the minutes he got, and even got 2 baskets.

Go Illini... Beat Down the Spartans !

I can't wait for that game.  I'm getting there at 5:00 to hopefully guarantee myself a good spot on the floor.

Paint the hall orange baby!!!

hey, i'm going to U of I next year as a freshmen. How hard is it to get into the krush? i really want to get in that.

All I can say is ouch....my boys went to Rupp Arena, held Kentucky to under 40% from the field, get the last shot to try and win......and lose...by 1 point.

65-64.

And as a reward, they get to play Mississippi State on Wednesday night. Coach Odom has our team of youngsters playing some inspired hoops. At 19-4, all looks pretty good right now.

hey, i'm going to U of I next year as a freshmen.  How hard is it to get into the krush? i really want to get in that.

To be in Krush you just have to raise money for charity, which isn't too hard. However, this year there are about 750 members and only 500 floor seats which is why I'm getting there so early. All Krush members are guaranteed a seat in the building though.