Who is Robert Person?

traydragen

He won 15 games for Philadelphia in 2001 but ran into arm problems in 2002 and missed 2003.

He has never been very consistent. Signing him could compare to signing Loaiza last year. I liked Loaiza better because he had for the most part remained healthy and although he was never great, he piled up innings. Person is coming off basicallya year and a half off, so I wouldn't get visions of 21 wins from him, but if he is healthy, he could contribute.

Person isn't a catcher, but he is a pitcher. Person won 15 games a few years ago and has pretty good stuff. He's one of those guys that never really met his potential and then had some arm trouble. If he is healthy he could turn into a quality right handed reliever in the pen.

Considering the Sox budget, he was a solid pickup and they will probably pickup a few more players like him.

Person isn't a catcher, but he is a pitcher.  Person won 15 games a few years ago and has pretty good stuff.  He's one of those guys that never really met his potential and then had some arm trouble.  If he is healthy he could turn into a quality right handed reliever in the pen. 

Considering the Sox budget, he was a solid pickup and they will probably pickup a few more players like him.

Man Jason, you aren't too hip....... he didn't mean catcher. LOL

guys..this is beyond scary

todd ritchie - robert person comparision..

both broke in relatively late at age 25

both have had two seasons where they won 10 or more games

season high for wins..both 15

seasons with era under 4...both with one

career era..ritchie 4.66...person 4.64

ritchie 7years /43 wins = 6.1 wins per season

person 9 years / 51 wins = 5.8 wins per season

both have spent a majority of their career in the NL except for about 200 innings each in the AL..

yikes

both have spent a majority of their career in the NL except for about 200 innings each in the AL..

yikes

:ph34r: At least this version didn't cost us 3 pitchers.

yikes

Both came up with an AL team too. Ritchie came up with Minny, Person with I believe Baltimore, and then both returned to the same respective divisions of their first MLB team later on in their career(Ritchie to the White Sox, Person to the Red Sox).

Then both got injured too, and missed most if not all of a season.

That's all I got though.

LOL .... sorry for the "cat" thing and yes it is pure 80's, and believe me I am not from that time period at all.  Thanks for the feed back and by the way you guys have to eat, breath, and sleep baseball on this board because you are very smart. KUDOS :)  :)

"Cat" IS cool, bro.

Keep on using it!

:headbang

Person was drafted in 24th round by Indians in 1989, traded to White Sox in 1991 for a LHP named Grady Hall (I think he was from Northwestern). He had a good year for us in Sarasota of FSL (he was on staff with Jason Bere, and when Bere was promoted, James Baldwin came up from MWL). Had a great staff there that season.

He was then selected in the expansion draft by the Marlins.

How can we disagree about a minor-league deal for Robert Person? Not a lot of risk there for the Sox and Person was looked on very favorably by the Phils when he was winning 15 games. He had a future until arm troubles. He is worth a chance and I think, as others do, that we will probably see more of these type of signings. I doubt we will have any trades to speak about.

LOL .... sorry for the "cat" thing and yes it is pure 80's, and believe me I am not from that time period at all.  Thanks for the feed back and by the way you guys have to eat, breath, and sleep baseball on this board because you are very smart. KUDOS :)  :)

It's coo man We do have some "old timers" on this board who don't know the slang of now. No offense. :D :P

Problem is, Jas (Chisoxfn) is in his twenties.

Lol and I got plenty of my 20's left, since I'm still one year from that 20 that allows you to legally drink :D

Cats just seems like something straight out of one of those secret coffee clubs where they read poetry and all that :P.

And for the Critic..for shizzle, my nizzle for dizzle :ph34r: