pudge in detroit for physical

Dsavmonster

I dont understand why he would want to go to Detroit.  If I was a top tier free agent that would be the last place I would go to unless the just giving incredible sums of money that he cant resist.

I would imagine being a client of Borass that the paycheck they are offering might have something to do with it (I don't know what Detriot is offering, just going on what Borass typically does for his clients).

I dont understand why he would want to go to Detroit.  If I was a top tier free agent that would be the last place I would go to unless the just giving incredible sums of money that he cant resist.

Scott Boras.

With him as an agent you HAVE to go where they are offering the most money.

Are you KIDDING ME???? LOOK what he did for Florida last year!!

The Tigers are the team to beat now!!!

All they need to do is get Sparky Anderson to manage them again and they're GOLDEN!!!!

All this is for I-Pudge is a cash grab.

One more year to get his bucks.

Next year he'll be somewhere else - HEY, next year the Sox clear out a bunch of payroll, don't they???

He could probably fit into next year's 43 million dollar salary cap!

Then the Sox could give I-Pudge number 72 and we could all watch cwsox snap!!!

:D ;) :D

Just kidding, Vince!

Are you KIDDING ME???? LOOK what he did for Florida last year!!

The Tigers are the team to beat now!!!

All they need to do is get Sparky Anderson to manage them again and they're GOLDEN!!!!

All this is for I-Pudge is a cash grab.

One more year to get his bucks.

Next year he'll be somewhere else - HEY, next year the Sox clear out a bunch of payroll, don't they???

He could probably fit into next year's 43 million dollar salary cap!

Then the Sox could give I-Pudge number 72 and we could all watch cwsox snap!!!

:D  ;)  :D

Just kidding, Vince!

All of this is a blurr too. I thought he would just take less money to play for a contending team. But greedy people want the doe, if this report is true. ;)

I think that Boras has poisoned I-Rod's mind.

I sincerely doubt that I-Rod ever thought he would make this much money in his life time when he was a kid, let alone make it every season for 10 years or so.

It is very hard for a player not to listen to their agent, players are not negotiators and many of them would be eaten alive if put in a room with a Cashman etc. So they listen to their Agent believing in good faith that their agent is doing what is best for THEM, not what is best for the agent's pocket.

In the next 5 years I expect their to be many more agent player clashes, where the player feels that the agent is not representing his needs and just plain being greedy.

Boras has already tainted so many of his players in the eyes of owners that they are being blackballed consistently:

Maddux- Unsigned

Weaver- Unwanted

Milwood- No long term deal, had to accept arbitration.

I-Rod- Going to Tigers, or will have to accept another 1 year deal.

That is not exactly a good track record of getting your clients goals met.

Oh well let I-Rod have fun in Detroit, I bet next year if hes had to suffer through 90-100 losses I-Rod will be wishing he signed for $8mil with a winner.

SB

DETROIT (AP) -- Ivan Rodriguez has been offered a $40 million, four-year contract by the Detroit Tigers, a baseball source told The Associated Press on Friday.

The 10-time All-Star catcher and his agent, Scott Boras, were in Detroit on Thursday, according to the source who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said earlier this week the team is interested in Rodriguez, but has declined to elaborate much on his discussions with Boras.

``We continue to explore the situation,'' Dombrowski said Friday, before flying to the Chicago area for his father's birthday. ``I don't expect anything imminently.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-t...ov=ap&type=lgns

Don't know if this is probable or not, but I know some people that the only thing that gives them real "Drive and Energy" is to constantly challenge themselves for something new and different. High goal setters! Irod has his ring,mvp etc. Maybe he needs a new incentive and an almost impossible goal to reach to help keep him fresh and hungry. Besides,he'll already be the main center of attention in Detroit as well as the baseball world keeping eyes on him for being there. You don't think that if he has a monster year with Detroit that the added attention and focus that will be upon him will bring him a ton more endorsement contracts? This guy's got it made!!!!!

I found this on another Sox board:

But despite Boras' claims he is actively negotiating with several teams and the fact that he is believed to have flown to Baltimore on Friday, one well-connected baseball source says: "At this point, Pudge has three choices -- the Tigers, go back to the Marlins after May 1, or retire."

Borass is losing his magic, and people are starting to see through his bulls***. I expect a large amount of his clients to start doubting him, and hopefully dumping him. Scott Borass is truly someone I want to see living in an alley and shivering unshaven 10 years from now, begging for money and drinking hooch from a paper bag. He's one of the biggest con-artists in the history of sports.

However, consider the Tigers' point of view - without IRod, they lose 101 games. With him, they only lose 94. He's well worth the money.

:lolhitting