A New "OF" in the making?

LDF

according to mlb.com i was looking up different players who are sox prospect and i found this

Jorge Nunez -- Escogido Lions: He played often near the end of the regular season and looked impressive with the bat, hitting .313 in 27 games without drawing a single walk.

Though nobody has questioned his hitting abilities, Nunez has had problems fielding while playing shortstop and second base. During the Winter League season, he has played the outfield.

"What most impressed me [about Nunez] was his desire to play," Cruz said. "Some people would have flat-out declined [to change positions]. [but] he is willing to show [the Expos] that he can play any position. We like that a lot. ... With hard work he can be a good outfielder."

i wonder which position?

He's decent with the bat and has decent speed....he's just a 3rd string catcher who can't go back down to the minors without clearing waivers first.

Have him learn 3B, 1B, LF and RF, along with SS, 2B and CF as possibilities along the way, and he has some value. As a plain catcher, he has no value whatsoever(unless your team is the Montreal Expos...I don't know why we couldn't have traded him along with Biddle and Liefer in that deal and then signed Eddie Perez or Tom Lampkin to a minor league deal). Guys that can play all 9 positions like that are very valuable.

Hell, signing Lampkin or Perez to a minor league deal would still be a good idea....atleast then we could get rid of Paul.

Paul really threw me for a loop though. When he first came up last season, he was batting like .400. Sure he didn't have many at bats, but I was naive and liked him since he's a local guy. He did show some good speed, and he can bunt pretty well. I guess he can do that for the season. ;)

Paul really threw me for a loop though. When he first came up last season, he was batting like .400. Sure he didn't have many at bats, but I was naive and liked him since he's a local guy. He did show some good speed, and he can bunt pretty well. I guess he can do that for the season. ;)

He was like 10-25 at that point. The farther he is away from Chi-town, the better.

This is one reason I don't understand the Rios signing. We needed someone that we 'know' can play CF. All we have right now is a bunch of question marks. Will Rowand be healthy and how effective will he be after the accident? Can Willie Harris hit big league pitching? Is Joe Borchard a CF'er or is the organization trying to put a round peg into a square hole? Can Rios handle CF defensively. Is Nunez close to being ready and can he play CF? KW is aware of this situation, as he tried to pry Giles away from the Bucs and almost got Erstad from Anahiem. Surely, he has something in mind to address this area.