#5 Starter

jasonxctf

I nominate myself as the 5th starter.

My "fastball" can't break a pane of glass, and my "breaking stuff" doesn't break...but, I'll work for the minimum (so I know KW and JR will have an interest!), and I don't need a long-term deal.

Call me KW!!!  :)

Here's the real question: Can you knock the head off a wooden dummy standing at the plate? That seems like its the true test of pitching ability for this team nowadays.

I think we would have had more than 4 wins from our #5 slot last year if Stewart would not have been injured. 

Besides, aboz, give the kid a break.  He's a Kentuckian. :D

I know he's a Kentuckian, but I'm originally from Indiana. :lol:

Anyhow, I just don't like the way Stewart pitches. He's a solid minor league pitcher, but he's simply not capable of being that great at the major league level. People compare him to Mark Buehrle, but besides that fact that he's left handed and doesn't throw very hard, I don't really see much in common between the two. Buehrle has an arsenal of pitches he can go to, while I don't see any outstanding pitch from Stewart that can get people out on a consistent basis. I'm sure Josh is a great kid, hard worker and wants to make it, but I'm simply being realistic about his chances of a great major league career. And hell, I hope I'm wrong about him, but I doubt it.

I know he's a Kentuckian, but I'm originally from Indiana. :lol:

Anyhow, I just don't like the way Stewart pitches. He's a solid minor league pitcher, but he's simply not capable of being that great at the major league level.  People compare him to Mark Buehrle, but besides that fact that he's left handed and doesn't throw very hard, I don't really see much in common between the two.  Buehrle has an arsenal of pitches he can go to, while I don't see any outstanding pitch from Stewart that can get people out on a consistent basis.  I'm sure Josh is a great kid, hard worker and wants to make it, but I'm simply being realistic about his chances of a great major league career.  And hell, I hope I'm wrong about him, but I doubt it.

I never said he'd be great. I'm just wanting a decent #5 starter.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about Josh Stewart. I think Josh did a pretty good job in the limited action we saw from him last year.

Is it true that he might not pitch again? Because from that shot at his circulatory system. I read somewhere that his career might be a question from that.

Is it true that he might not pitch again? Because from that shot at his circulatory system. I read somewhere that his career might be a question from that.

Possibly. I hope Josh recovers and is able to play again. I for one wouldn't mind seeing Rauch or Campos get in the # 5 spot. If Cooper can help Robert Person like he did Esteban, than we still have a pretty solid rotation.

CWSOX45

Someone thats going to Soxfest, see if you can found out Stewart's status. Please.

• 1 month later...