White Flag 2004

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

We will be bringing in new players by the end of July, not trading away. The season hasn't even started and you are already talking about who should be traded first?! This is a stupid thread.

I don't see a shred of evidence to think that we're going to be a contender in '04. We are demonstrably worse than we were at the end of '03, and we were not a great club then. And we won't spend money to bring in more talent.

Time will tell.

We will be bringing in new players by the end of July, not trading away. The season hasn't even started and you are already talking about who should be traded first?! This is a stupid thread.

It is stupid because we live in Chicago and it is true. Our rotation is a complete joke. Unless Neil Cotts comes back as someone else, he is a AAAA pitcher. Remember the strike zone is a-lot tougher in the majors. We are missing two starting pitchers and that assumes Buerhle pitches the whole season like the second half of last year, Garland grows up, and Loiaza doesn't revert back to 2002 form. That is just the rotation. I will not go into the lineup the lost 1-0 to the Tigers TWICE and the San Diego Padres. $8-$14M/year hitters carry teams in these games.

I have held out hope most of the offseason but after looking at the 40 man roster the other day, all hope is gone. .500 is old, especially after the big price increase.

It is stupid because we live in Chicago and it is true.  Our rotation is a complete joke.  Unless Neil Cotts comes back as someone else, he is a AAAA pitcher.  Remember the strike zone is a-lot tougher in the majors.  We are missing two starting pitchers and that assumes Buerhle pitches the whole season like the second half of last year, Garland grows up, and Loiaza doesn't revert back to 2002 form.  That is just the rotation.  I will not go into the lineup the lost 1-0 to the Tigers TWICE and the San Diego Padres. $8-$14M/year hitters carry teams in these games. 

I have held out hope most of the offseason but after looking at the 40 man roster the other day, all hope is gone.  .500 is old, especially after the big price increase.

I've got to agree with HSC and Ghost.

But be careful. Somebody here might decide that you shouldn't criticize the Sox or you're just a Cub fan in disguise. :)

It is stupid because we live in Chicago and it is true. Our rotation is a complete joke. Unless Neil Cotts comes back as someone else, he is a AAAA pitcher.

It's that kind of premature thinking that got Kip Wells traded to Pittsburgh. Sure would be nice have him in our rotation right now.

i dont think lee will be going anywhere for awhile....they seem pretty dedicated to this guy, and i think the would get rid of maggs before lee....but thats just my humble opinion :D

im thinking lee is coming up on 6 years of service...so the next time his contract runs out he will be come a free agent...thats why i figured he'd be on the block too

He just got a reasonable 3 year deal though. That will help keep him here.

I hope so. Carlos appears to be the franchise player now.

In reply to what I said about not trading anyone and that it is a stupid thread, I am dead serious, because with a new manager who brings energy, and if Konerko, Thomas, Lee, Valentine, and Ordonez can get back on track, look out. With a weak division and a lack of identity for any team in the AL Central, everyone is in it.

I hope so. Carlos appears to be the franchise player now.

In reply to what I said about not trading anyone and that it is a stupid thread, I am dead serious, because with a new manager who brings energy, and if Konerko, Thomas, Lee, Valentine, and Ordonez can get back on track, look out. With a weak division and a lack of identity for any team in the AL Central, everyone is in it.

he's a guy that maybe a decent hitter if he continues off of last years 2nd half..despite everyone's claims of defensive improvement he still is the worst LF in baseball and still throws like a girl...a non- athletic girl at that...stil dumber than dirt on the bases too...and the sad thing is is that you may very well be right when you say he now might be the franchise player..

damn how the almost but not quite mighty have fallen

he's a guy that maybe a decent hitter if he continues off of last years 2nd half..despite everyone's claims of defensive improvement he still is the worst LF in baseball and still throws like a girl...a non- athletic girl at that...stil dumber than dirt on the bases too...and the sad thing is is that you may very well be right when you say he now might be the franchise player..

damn how the almost but not quite mighty have fallen

Imagine our OF if we had gotten Cedeno too. Haha, him and CLee would still be fun to watch. :lol:

I don't think CLee is that awful in the field, but I cannot think of one LF whom I think is worse defensively than he is.

Who goes first this summer? My guess is Loiza, a quality pitcher, unsigned next year, not making that much this year. I think he'll be one of the prime targets for, you know, teams trying to make the playoffs.

We havent even played 1 game ad already you're talking fire sale? You should be a Flubbs fan with that kind of "I'm cursed so why bother" attitude.