ESPN TOP 50 FANTASY PLAYERS

winninguglyin83

Its fantasy based, so certain players have more value based on position. Harder for Lee to break top 50 when he is going up against Bonds, Pujols, etc..

SB

I agree that bonds and Pujols should be on the top list, but lee should have cracked at least 35-50. One of those.

As an avid fantasy player, this list doesn't surprise me.

Last year was the only season Lee would have been considered top 50. In fantasy, you've gotta be consistent over a few years to get a great rep by Karabell (or play for a "big name team". Reyes is regarded as the next big thing in baseball, so that's why he's ranked so highly.

If I was doing a list, I'd put Lee somewhere in the 40's or 50's, but then again I could see him not in the top 50.

Jeter is a monster in fantasy when he's healthy because he does everything, including 15 HR and scores a ton of runs, hits for average and steals bases.

And Derrek Lee, the new Cub, had a breakout year last year where he hit for power and also stole bases, which is rare at the 1B position.

Main problems I saw with the list: No Zito in the top 50. He'll be a top 30 player next year. Same goes for Mulder if he's healthy. Gotta say they've got Javy Lopez overrated at 43, Furcal at 39 and Renteria at 28.