This has been run into the ground, but ...

Goldmember

Rex your absolutely right, guys that trade would be f***in awesome, but there is no chance it will happen.

Exactly...this would be absolutely fantastic. The Sox bullpen is solidied with Mota, the rotation is solidified with Perez and Edwin Jackson/Greg Miller. The minor are also strengthened as the Sox just brought in their new top 2 prospects in the organization and we get a very solid bat to replace Magglio.

I would then sign Raul Mondesi or somehow find a left handed bat (The Sox now are way under budget) and I'd play Encarnacion in center with Mondesi and Lee around them.

The Sox payroll would be more then affordable too. And if there is any truth to get Carl Everett I'd do that and make him the new DH with Thomas at first. Either way, I'd find someone to play 1st/DH.

We also get Greg Miller (19 years old), a top 5 prospect in all of baseball and Jackson who is awesome and 22 years old.

Jackson is only 20 yrs. old :headbang I believe he'll turn only 21 this year, but it won't be till September. So basically, he'll be 20 all this year.

I would be sickened if this trade happened. If it was like PK and Creede or Valentine okay, but Maggs and Konerko are just way too much to give up. Odalis Perez is overrated and Juan Encarnation does have potential but he's never put all the pieces of the puzzle together. I don't even want to think about what this team would be like if they made this trade.

PK AND CREDE?! now that's too much to give up. Crede will not be traded. He'll be in a sox uni for a long time. I'll agree with you on PK and Val. We better be getting Izturis then so we can a Izzy (izturis) Urry(uribe) DP combo. :lol:

Another reason why I would like this trade even though I know "IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN" is it give the Sox a very strong pitching staff that would hopefully keep them in the game.

Ozzie has already said that they need to get away from the big boppers and HR hitters. I would say sign Sausage Killer Randall Simon to replace Konerko. While Encarnacion and Simon won't make up for the run production of Konerko and Maggs, they may do just enough to get us W's, especially if the pitching can keep them in the game.

While doing my rounds on the net this morning i saw this post on the CBSSportsline Rumormill:

Was wondering if anyone else heard this and what you guys think.  Would definitley fit KW's rep for making big trade before Soxfest. I normally don't pay attention to the message board there but this guy named specific source.

I would LOVE this trade!

The only way it would be better is if we could get Izturis (SS) instead of one of the other players.

Do it KW!!!

I hate to repeat what Rex has said again and again and again and again, but....this deal will not happen.

When looking at the quote, I notice three things. For starters, the title of the rumor is something like Whitesox & Dodgers blockbuster trade. How many times have you seen the words, White Sox, pushed into one word, Whitesox?

Also, notice that it was posted by someone, straycats23.

I also believe that it is also gramatically incorrect, with the players being seperated by only one comma(ie, John,Jim,Judy,Joan)

I would say this rumor has as much validity as me saying Maggs is going to Baltimore for Luis Matos, Jay Gibbons, Kurt Ainsworth, Jerry Hairston, and Jorge Julio. What are the odds of that happening? :rolleyes:

This trade is complete BS, however, if the Sox do happen to trade either Maggs or Konerko, than I think signing Travis Lee as a replacement would be a good idea. He would come pretty cheap(my guess would be 2-3M tops), is still realitively young(28), would give the Sox a left bat for the middle of the order, he can play a little outfield and 1B, and he is pretty solid offensive(most likely a high .700-low .800 OPS guy). He is really the only decent option the Sox have if they trade either Maggs or Konerko(IMO). Just thought that I would throw that out there.

When looking at the quote, I notice three things.  For starters, the title of the rumor is something like Whitesox & Dodgers blockbuster trade.  How many times have you seen the words, White Sox, pushed into one word, Whitesox? 

Also, notice that it was posted by someone, straycats23. 

I also believe that it is also gramatically incorrect, with the players being seperated by only one comma(ie, John,Jim,Judy,Joan)

I can understand you siding with Rex on the trade rumor......but tell me what the hell do those three points you listed have anything to do with the validity of Stray cats thread.