If the White Sox Moved

Texsox

If the White Sox moved to another city would you . . .  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If the White Sox moved to another city would you . . .

• Be a fan of the (insert city here) White Sox
    • Support my city and *gulp* follow the Cubs
    • I'll watch minor league
    • Brew Crew!
    • I'm a FA looking for my best deal
    • Other (explain if you like, but no one really really cares) :)

if the Sox move,

I will renounce pacifism

and relentlessly hunt down and castrate every f***ing asshole who said they were boycotting or otherwise choosing to not go to USCF to support the the Sox for whatever bulls*** reason, thereby eroding the gate and contributing to the team's moving

and for those who in another thread argued one should "buy American" to support US industry but failed to "buy Sox" to keep the Sox in Chicago, I would also stomp on their pea brains.

no Sox fan would ever cheer for the cubs for any reason, not if they were the last baseball team on earth

If the White Sox moved away, they'd immediately become just another AL team to me.

I already have "out-of-town" teams that I root for.

I'd focus more on the Red Sox or A's than I would the _________ White Sox, because the Sox would have deserted their fans, and the A's or BoSox have never done that to me.

I would at first, but slowly I would drift away from the team, and them ending up being like the Blue Jays, or the Rangers, or the Orieals. Just another team. It would get hard to be able to go to the park whenever, or not be able to turn on the tv and see every game. Thats why I have alot of respect for the people out of town who are diehards. I dont know if I could do it.

Thank god for MLB Extra Innings. That's all I do all summer, watch Sox games. :D

Then would everyone who said they would still be Sox fans regardless of location just stop going to MLB games?

Pick up the newspaper and the only coverage is the Cubs. Would 1.6 million less people watch MLB in person in Chicago?

Is is a pointless excercise. I was looking at some history of NBA franchises and without fail once they left a city, fans turned to other teams. Usually based on media coverage.

I would like them just as much. The ONLY connection I have with Chicago is the

White Sox. Of course I want them to stay in Chicago, but it wouldn't make any difference as far as my fan-ness( :headbang ) goes. I've had a long distance relationship for 7 years, and nothing short of me moving to Chicago will change that.

I would be a Sox fan but only for a while. After a few years, the players would all start to move on or get traded and I would have very little left in the White Sox organization that I could really root for. I think eventually the team would change its name too like the Tennessee Oilers -> Titans. They'd probably do something silly like win a pennant too.

It pains me to think about this.

I would be a Sox fan no matter where the are located.

I can't imagine jumping ship after I have already been through this much crap and I am still here.

But what if another team eventually moved in here.

For Example: The Cleveland Browns become the Baltimore Ravens, then down the Road... the Cleveland Browns are a new expansion team. Who do the TRUE Cleveland Browns root for (I don't think its the Ravens)>

Then would everyone who said they would still be Sox fans regardless of location just stop going to MLB games?

Pick up the newspaper and the only coverage is the Cubs. Would 1.6 million less people watch MLB in person in Chicago?

Is is a pointless excercise. I was looking at some history of NBA franchises and without fail once they left a city, fans turned to other teams.  Usually based on media coverage.

I'd go to Chewing Gum Park to cheer for the Cardinals, Astros and Pirates.

Probably hit St. Louis and Milwaukee for a game every now and then.

It would be miserable, because I'm much more of an American League fan than National.

Devil Rays and Blue Jays for me...wait, what the f*** would I be thinking.

I honestly don't know what I would do, good thing we don't have to worry.

I wouldn't mind supporting the D-rays at all. They will be a hellofa offensive team in 3-4 yrs being guided by sweet lou. (Plus I love Baldelli he's a stud! :headbang)