Some Cool New Features Coming to the Site

Chisoxfn

Were still a little ways off, but most likely by the middle to end of February we will be adding some very cool features to Soxtalk.

Some of those features are items that have been requested in the past, such as an ignore feature where users can edit their ignore list (I'm assuming not many people will use this feature, but it is a good way for those people that just can't stand another person) to not see there posts and keep fights to a minimum :lol: .

Another cool feature is that every user will have a specific queve and they can manage their uploads in a sense. I'm not sure how well this feature will work, but it should make it much easier to manage uploads on our end, plus it should be really nice for users to check. Another cool feature, one I know some of you will like is that you soon will be able to have multiple uploads in a post and that you can set those uploads to appear in Thumbnail format (for those larger type images). Basically each user will have an area called an "attachment center" where they can manage their uploads.

I will also be trying to finally design that new look for the site (Color wise) but members will also always have the option to stick with the original look.

The PM area will also change a bit. It should be a lot more easier to use and it will be using a newer notification system. You will also be able to attach files when you pm. The storage should also be a little larger as the Pm's will be taking up less space.

We will also be bringing back the online feature and this time, those that chose to login anonymously will not appear as "online".

The board will also be a little faster (those of us that use high speed internet probably won't notice the difference, but it should be a little more noticeable to those using dialup).

Anyway...just wanted to give ya all a little preview :D

-We will also be working on a new quoting feature, where you have the ability to view all the quoted stuff. Another potential new feature is a quoting system where you can check which posts you want to quote and then quote multiple posts all in one post.

-For those that like a linear type format, you will now have an option that makes this board, resemble a linear board and then there will be another format, where the main thread will appear at the very top of every page of a thread. The standard format for the board will be the way it currently looks, but some may prefer the other options.

-Lots of backend/admin type upgrades as well

-We will also be working on a new quoting feature, where you have the ability to view all the quoted stuff.  Another potential new feature is a quoting system where you can check which posts you want to quote and then quote multiple posts all in one post. 

-For those that like a linear type format, you will now have an option that makes this board, resemble a linear board and then there will be another format, where the main thread will appear at the very top of every page of a thread.  The standard format for the board will be the way it currently looks, but some may prefer the other options. 

-Lots of backend/admin type upgrades as well

Could you mail me with the Admin updates, that I would see?

Hush, I was thinking the same thing.

This time we learned from our mistakes. Ref: Could he be that stupid?

LMAO...and the answer is, quite possibly. But most of this are going to be updates to the board that will make it cleaner although I have made a few changes, but I am going to test everything on a test board I have first. :D

2k4...could you forward it to me?

And Steff.....it won't let me upload it....and i'm not getting into a fight with this server.....maybe Jas can figure it out... :(

Oh good grief... figures. Did you watch it though..? Wonder if Nuke has done that kind of stuff...

It kinda freaked me out.

I emailed it to you but in case you don't get it - it was too big for heads email so I had to send it to his other one... get it from him.

Ok, Steff, I will try and get it up tonight, but it may take me to tomorrow. I'm going to have to make a quick convert to try and make it a little smaller :D. For whatever reason I can't view the file on my real player, but my real player blows.