Howard Done

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Yeah, I'd hate to have a Presidential candidate that would say something like:

"If we don't have a clear vision of the military, if we don't stop extending our troops all around the world and nation building missions, then we're going to have a serious problem coming down the road, and I'm going to prevent that." - George W. Bush Oct. 3, 2000

Or how about "Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons." - Oct. 5, 2002

Or "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." - VP Dick Cheney Aug. 26, 2002

Or "The President of the United States and the Secretary of Defense would not assert as bluntly as they have that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction if it was not true and if they did not have a solid basis for saying it."

Or "Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised. - Bush Mar. 17, 2003

Or "It happens not to be in the area where weapons of mass destruction were dispersed. We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat. -- Don Rumsfeld Mar. 30, 2003

I'd rather have my presidential candidate make a speech like that. Last time I checked his speech didn't kill 10,000+ Iraqi civilians and over 500 American soldiers either. And here's another thing, at least Dean didn't lie.

Apu, your avatar is hilarious!

I'm not saying a word for Bush, I'm saying a word against Dean. I think he's highly combustible and frankly someone with that kind of rhetoric doesn't belong in the White House right now either.

As for Bush, lie? Are you kidding me?

I know I disagree with the way this is being handled. This war wasn't about anything but using blunt force to make the Middle East conform to Western Standards. No more, no less. This has been in place since the early '70s and this was the opportunity. Is it right? Probably not.

Apu, your avatar is hilarious!

I'm not saying a word for Bush, I'm saying a word against Dean.  I think he's highly combustible and frankly someone with that kind of rhetoric doesn't belong in the White House right now either.

As for Bush, lie?  Are you kidding me?

I know I disagree with the way this is being handled.  This war wasn't about anything but using blunt force to make the Middle East conform to Western Standards.  No more, no less.  This has been in place since the early '70s and this was the opportunity.  Is it right? Probably not.

Kap, my comment was more geared towards Nuke than you. I should have specified that.

I may confused here, but I could have sworn this thread wasn't about president Bush...

oh mercy a thread has been hijacked, especially by someone commenting on dumb and dumber - apu, shame on you, if dean gets knocked you must go along or say nothing and you dare not criticise the chimper.

Bush or Chimp? You decide

it is about bush now.

Hey Spiff just wondering if you could tell us who you're commenting on, thanks.

The Bush/Chimp site. If that site involved any other person than a republican white male, and someone posted it, cw would be the first to blast them for being racist/hateful.

Hey Spiff just wondering if you could tell us who you're commenting on, thanks.

Spiff is attcking me, there, Kipper.

He does not like Bush or Chimp.

I have loved it from the first timne I saw it. Have my favorites.

Kip, please realize that in all of American history never has a president been so attacked in such a classless mean evil way as in Bush or Chimp. Never has such childish (brutal) humor been used in all of American history (let alone anything that any Republican said about Clinton especially in the 2nd term) against a president as has been done to poor, poor Bush in the malicious, malevoent and so immature Bush or Chimp.

My favorite is on page 2, one of the stuffed chimps and Bush.

Whenever I need a laugh, it is Bush or Chimp for me.

Keeps me from crying about the things he is doing to the country and the world.

Next you will be told that people like me "hate" Bush because of things like Bush or Chimp, and how bad we are. I'll bet you a roll of canadian quarters that is coming soon.

Put the words "Bush" and "Chimp" into google or any search engine and have many happy hours!

:usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

you are so full of s***

Oh yeah? I'm not so sure.

What if someone posted a site that compared pictures of Shaq and a gorilla? HEY EVERYONE SHAQ LOOKS LIKE A BIG MONKEY. Would you laugh at that? What about one that showed Jews with big noses? Would you laugh and put it in your favorites? What if someone posted pictures of gay women and compared them to pictures of men? Would you laugh? I doubt it.

Oh yeah? I'm not so sure. 

What if someone posted a site that compared pictures of Shaq and a gorilla?  HEY EVERYONE SHAQ LOOKS LIKE A BIG MONKEY.  Would you laugh at that?  What about one that showed Jews with big noses?  Would you laugh and put it in your favorites?  What if someone posted pictures of gay women and compared them to pictures of men?  Would you laugh?  I doubt it.

I think the difference here is that it's ONE man who looks like a monkey. We aren't saying ALL people in this category look like this and appear this way. So, we aren't systematically dehumanizing an entire category of people and therein lies the difference.

I think the difference here is that it's ONE man who looks like a monkey. We aren't saying ALL people in this category look like this and appear this way. So, we aren't systematically dehumanizing an entire category of people and therein lies the difference.

Hate is hate is hate. That's like saying OH I only murdered one person so it's not like I was trying to eliminate a whole race.

There is no difference between this and the Shaq example I gave. And you know damn well anyone who posted a link to a site like that would be chastised mercilessly.

My issue here is not with people disliking Bush. I'm tired of his nonsense too, I hope he doesn't get re-elected. Take issue with his politics, that I can respect. What I said to Apu was not because I didn't want to hear it, I was just pointing out how he has to bring up his hate of Bush in every.single.thread.on.this.board.

But talking about how he looks like a chimp? Is that supposed to show intelligence? How does that make anyone better than him?

ChiSoxyGirl, exactly, thank you! :cheers :cheers

You do know that if one mocks a Democratic candidate or president, that is just good humor but to have fun with a Republican - well that just shcoks, shocks, the horror, the horror, how evil that it.

Remember Dole in 1988 mocking Dukakis as having "Du-kock-eyed" ideas? Making fun of Dukakis because of his ethnic Greek name? And all the comments I have heard about Arkansas trailer trash... mocking a socio economic group and all the people in a state - indeed any look at American history would tell anyone that Bush or Chimp is as mild as it comes.

The only reason that you will never see Bush and Curious George in a Bush or Chimp comparison is that Bush has no curiousity! :headbang :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

Bush or Chimp is hate?  hate? 

and your analogy is beyond stupid.

Hell yes it is, nobody would take that much time to make a website all about him, mocking him like that, if he didn't hate him. I like though how you only take select parts to respond to.

And because Bob Dole made fun of Dukakis in 1988, now all of a sudden you're justified? All that proves is that both sides do it, doesn't make it right.

I would think a patron saint would be able to see what was right.

that's pretty funny!

you are a racist to imply that everyone who screams is someone who wears a confederate flag

Did you see Letterman last night, with Dean and the Top 10 list? If Dean really were pumped up like that and got the Austrian accent down.............. Arnold!

that's pretty funny!

you are a racist to imply that everyone who screams is someone who wears a confederate flag

Did you see Letterman last night, with Dean and the Top 10 list?  If Dean really were pumped up like that and got the Austrian accent down.............. Arnold!

It's the late show curse. First Gephardt was on there last week and he's out of da runnin, and now Dean mite be as well.

I would think a patron saint would be able to see what was right.

oh but patron saints do.

Your definition of right is not the one that encompasses all the world.

And to have someone with a cartoon figure in their avatar knock someone who made a humorous website for devoting time to whatever...

as Sundance Kid said to Butch Cassidy, "just keep thinking kid, that's what you're good at."

It's the late show curse. First Gephardt was on there last week and he's out of da runnin, and now Dean mite be as well.

Dean is dead meat politically!

Late show curse? I didn't realize Gephardt was on last week! How can we get Bush on next week?

Oh that was evil and this thread is devoted to attacking Dean, sorry.