TSN Top 150 Prospects

mac9001

Why Borchard so low? Why Olivo so high? It'd be great if he grabs the catching position by the you know what, but based on last year, he's got a ways to go. Why Munoz so low? He could be a big surprise. We have eight guys here which is a decent number when you consider there are 30 teams. Most of ours are below #100 which shows that the experts don't currently think so highly of our farm system. As I look over the list again before I post this I notice that Rauch and Honel aren't rated as high as we have been lead to believe. There's lots of farm system gurus on this site. What do yous ( in Pittsburgh it's yunz ) think about all this?

http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/baseball/p.../prospects.html

Rk  Player  Team  Pos  ETA 

16  Miguel Olivo  ChW  C  2003 

22  Joe Borchard  ChW  OF  Late 2003 

72  Jon Rauch  ChW  SP  2003 

121  Kris Honel  ChW  SP  Early 2005

134  Arnauldo Munoz  CWS  RP  2004 

155  Aaron Miles  ChW  2B  Early 2004 

156  Corwin Malone  ChW  SP  Late 2004

185  Anthony Webster  ChW  OF  2007

No Felix Diaz........ weak sauce

Why Borchard so low? Why Olivo so high? It'd be great if he grabs the catching position by the you know what, but based on last year, he's got a ways to go. Why Munoz so low? He could be a big surprise. We have eight guys here which is a decent number when you consider there are 30 teams. Most of ours are below #100 which shows that the experts don't currently think so highly of our farm system. As I look over the list again before I post this I notice that Rauch and Honel aren't rated as high as we have been lead to believe. There's lots of farm system gurus on this site. What do yous ( in Pittsburgh it's yunz ) think about all this?

I think this list isn't that good.

The good one comes from baseball america.

I think you're right. This is a funky list. I know some of you guys and gals really know the minors so I was wondering what gives here. Just doesn't look right to me.

I think you're right. This is a funky list. I know some of you guys and gals really know the minors so I was wondering what gives here. Just doesn't look right to me.

My personal opinons are this........

Miguel Olivo shouldn't be that high.......

Borchard, Munoz & Honel shouldn't be that low.......

Rauch is where he should be considering his shoulder.......

Malone and Webster still have alot to prove......

Felix Diaz should be on that list somewhere!!!!!!

I think there ranked basded on there fantasy value.

I was thinking the same thing, but why is Anthony Webster on there, considering he is still a projected FOUR years away?

the story on webster was he didnt play baseball until his senior year..he was a football and basketball standout and he chose baseball instead...from a pure athletic standpoint he is considered the top athlete in al the minors...tremendous speed and skill..the scouts from BA were blown away by the huge steps forward this guy took last year considering his experience..they rated him number 99 or 100 on their list..

diaz wont get any lovin until he proves his arm is strong enough to hold up to starting..atleast that was the klnock on him from BA...i dont remember his name on their list either..

my surprise on their list is aaron miles...at 27 you usually dont think of a guy as a top prospect...i think david eckstein has some scouts evaluating just how important age is..some guys find it a later than others..i hope miles gets a legit look in ST cause i think he could turn some heads...maybe enough so that if we dont keep him somebody might give us a prospect for him before we cut him..kinda like how we gave up gurrier for marte...HSC saw him play and thinks he could be the best 2nd base prospect we have including jimenez...ive seen him for 4 innings in an exibihition game and did some nice things..nice hit opposite field , stole a base and turned a really nice DP in the pivot...