Sign in to follow this  
maggsmaggs

Maggs tearing the ball in Venezuela

That was before the current FA market. If we gave him 5 years and around $12M a year I think that would be fair.

I thought the 4 years at $48 mil was fair. And really I wouldn't have a problem with making it 5 years at the same money.

Maggs is suffering from the delusion that he can get a higher salary than Vlad got.  He ain't coming back here for 2005.

He'll get it. Whether its with us or not remains to be seen. Please forgive me for not being optimistic.

He'll get it.  Whether its with us or not remains to be seen.  Please forgive me for not being optimistic.

You really think someone is going to pay Magglio more money than Vlad Guerrero got?

I think at the end of the day the White Sox will. they will have excess cash next offseason and will need to do something. Maggs will resign at $13-$15M a year.

I think at the end of the day the White Sox will. they will have excess cash next offseason and will need to do something.  Maggs will resign at $13-$15M a year.

And that would be REALLY Overpaying.

Maggs is suffering from the delusion that he can get a higher salary than Vlad got.  He ain't coming back here for 2005.

Amen. No way he gets $14 million a year...... again. :rolleyes:

Maggs is worth less than Vlad and you gotta remember that Beltran just signed that 1yr deal for what, $9-10M? I'd honestly think long and hard if I had to choose between Maggs and Beltran, and would probably lean towards Beltran due to his base stealing abilities. I sure as hell wouldn't give Maggs $13-15M when I could get Beltran for $10-11M.

Maggs is worth less than Vlad and you gotta remember that Beltran just signed that 1yr deal for what, $9-10M?  I'd honestly think long and hard if I had to choose between Maggs and Beltran, and would probably lean towards Beltran due to his base stealing abilities.  I sure as hell wouldn't give Maggs $13-15M when I could get Beltran for $10-11M.

The only reason Beltran came in so low was because he is still arbit eligable. He will be in the 12-14 million range after this year.

Magglio is an 890 career OPS hitter. (Frank and Thome are 1000)

His defense is not what it was.

He doesn't hustle as much.

Lost a step on the pads.

Doesn't bunt.

GIDP machine.

Over 30.

So why should he get 5/70+ deal...again?