Fizer for Ely?

Clippers: Should Marcus Fizer stay in Los Angeles after the Bulls play the Clippers on Tuesday? The agent for the little-used forward has been talking to teams about a trade, reportedly with the Bulls' permission.

The Clippers believe they have a chance to sign Kobe Bryant when he becomes a free agent this summer and are looking to clear salary-cap space with expiring contracts. Though owner Donald Sterling often is criticized for not spending money, associates say he'll spend it for a star, especially a Laker such as Bryant. And Fizer becomes a free agent after the season.

One player the Clippers are trying to deal is 6-foot-11-inch Melvin Ely, who has fallen out of the rotation and has played in only one of the last five games. "Right now, Mel's not a guy who is in the top of the rotation," coach Mike Dunleavy said. "We have [Elton] Brand, [Chris] Kaman, [Chris] Wilcox and [Peja] Drobnjak."

Said Ely: "A change of venue for me wouldn't matter. I'm not going to just accept that I'm in the league and I get paid a whole lot of money and be fine with that. I'm trying to be the best at my position."

You've got to like an NBA guy who says "change of venue." The Harvey native could be a good tandem with Eddy Curry, also of Harvey. The Clippers also are said to be willing to part with combo guard Marko Jaric, who has another year on his deal. The Clippers also have been talking to the Hornets about taking on the expiring contracts of Bryce Drew and Stacey Augmon.

Heck, even with Hinrich and possibly JW I'd like to see the Bulls get Jaric for Fizer if possible. I wouldn't mind that deal. The Bulls need to get rid of some of their excess. The less talented guys (not necessarily reaching that talent...) we have the better at this point. All we need is a set rotation. Unloading Fizer will help, but it's still a minor deal.

I'd love that deal. Whether its Jaric or Ely they are getting pretty solid players in return and Fizer is in a logjam position and plays no defense and is an absolute ball hog.

Fizer has always been a guy I liked, but I think he needs a change of scenery. And Ely has mega upside, although I think he's had some back problems. Jaric is a big point/shooting guard and he is rather productive.

I have never understood why Fizer doesn't get more PT.  Heck at this time, he would put up way more consistant numbers than Curry.

Cause he can't guard my 86 Yr Old Granny, He's kinda small for the 4 spot and he can't guard any of the quicker and agile 3's, He's always lost of Offense too. Curry is just plain Lazy.

The Bulls need Scoring Fast