OK Let the fight begin

LDF

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truely hope that no one will get AROD money for a long time

or ever again -

that money of money is not healthy for the sport and it sure hasn't been good for the Rangers

I think that the only good thing to come out of the AROD deal is that it probably got most of the owners to realize that they were helping the salaries skyrocket. Now hopefully they will not make the same mistakes again.

I truely hope that no one will get AROD money for a long time

or ever again -

that money of money is not healthy for the sport and it sure hasn't been good for the Rangers

and the ranger's owner was one of the hard liners this past negoation session. what a bunch a crock. they help screw up the salary structure maybe more so than the yanks.

First off, to whoever said Colon wont be here next year, he loves it here. I think hell signed longterm.

As for Mark, regardless of what you people think I think of him, he wont be staying here. 2006 will come and hell be gone. KW has spit in his face and I think its incurable. Sad as it is, I dont think well need to get a replacement ace, I think Garland, Wright and Rauch should step up just fine.

Understand that I dont want Buehrle to leave, I just think thats the way its going to be. I really dont think Buehrle wants to be here after what Kenny did to him...

First off, to whoever said Colon wont be here next year, he loves it here. I think hell signed longterm.

As for Mark, regardless of what you people think I think of him, he wont be staying here. 2006 will come and hell be gone. KW has spit in his face and I think its incurable. Sad as it is, I dont think well need to get a replacement ace, I think Garland, Wright and Rauch should step up just fine.

Understand that I dont want Buehrle to leave, I just think thats the way its going to be. I really dont think Buehrle wants to be here after what Kenny did to him...

great point and that is what i think.

trade him now when his trade value is high.

I wait til after this year. I can certainly see why you think it would be smart to trade him.

Edited by soxheads

Thank you ldf. But first, let him play out the rest of his contract and in his final year (not quite sure when that is) we can trade him for the best deal we could get. Were gonna lose him, that is inevitable, not the focus should be to gain from that loss. Im pretty sure we wont gain equivalent to what we lose and Im sure none of the trades mentioned in this thread will happen but we could get something pretty good...

It is rumored that Colon turned down 12.5million a year from the Expos, and while the money is probably not why he turned it down that will be the type of money he is looking for. I honestly can't see jr and kw offering anywhere near that so I am not optimistic about him re signing.

As for Mark, keep Mark lose kenny.

It is rumored that Colon turned down 12.5million a year from the Expos, and while the money is probably not why he turned it down that will be the type of money he is looking for. I honestly can't see jr and kw offering anywhere near that so I am not optimistic about him re signing.

As for Mark, keep Mark lose kenny.

Thats the Expos. The Expos suck and nobody wants to play in Montreal. If the Sox go far this year I think that could convince Colon into staying for a reasonable amount of money. If they dont go far but are still decent I dont know. But from what Ive seen he seems to like it here so lets hope it stays that way. Also, KWs gonna have to decide whether or not hes worth it. If he pulls a Todd Ritchie (God help us) theres no way in hell KW resigns him...

Guest hotsoxchick1

first of all colon wont be here next year... jr wont pay that much money...and someone will sweep him from under kw..... second of all if you trade mark now while his value is high then who the heck is going to pitch for you besides colon for the rest of the season??? surely you dont put your season trust in wright/garland/and ginter or glover to do it.........and while we may have gordon (if he stays healthy) but if hes not were screwed... you honestly do not trust wunch do ya? remember that white is going to have to adjust from the nl style to the al.....not alot of pitchers have a good time with that their first season out..ask todd ritchie ...... i guess the point im tryin to make here is that WE NEED MARK BUEHRLE ... at least through this season till we can see whos ready and whos not..... i would like for mark to stay around for a long term basis but we know that wont happen as jr doesnt sign pitchers like that.........(remember black jack et el..)...and kw has put the bad vibes between them out there in the open now....im sure in marks mind 06 cant come fast enough..... all the kid wants to do is play ball and it shows....its just a shame that our management feels the need to publicaly humiliate him with their petty offers and then turning it into a "he turned us down" type of thing.............they never learn......jr will alienate all the fans with that kind of attitude..........

Guest hotsoxchick1
hopefully by 2006 JR has sold the team or died and we have a new owner that might actually value quality starting left handed pitching ;)

an owner like me........ :D......... im headed to my aunts house to see if she can put the italian evil eye on jr........i know i have a lock of his hair around here somewhere..........

No, I think KW has to actually offer Mark a fair contract....then Mark will consider it. From what I understand, he doesn't necessarily want to leave the Sox, but rather wants a fair contract. Not this $10,000 extra bulls***.

really though if he wanted out that badly i would see what i could do to accomidate him .. but i guarentee ya he wouldnt be heading where he wanted to go..........

I know I don't have to tell you HSC..... but if that was the case, from what's been said about the KW/MB situation from those supposedly on the inside, KW would keep MB and pay him that pitance just to spight Buehrle. And I also agree that if MB wanted to be traded to St. Louis that KW would do his what he could to ensure that MB doesn't go anywhere near St. Louis.

How do you know this? You've said this 5 or 6 times already. Every ballplayer dealt or signed by a team, whether it be his old team or a new team, says they love the City and team that they play for. Colon has yet to throw ONE PITCH in a White Sox uniform. And GOD FORBID, if Colon loses 6 of his first 10 or worse, the Sox fans will be BOOING HIS ASS MORE UNMERCILESSLY THAN I/WE DID TOAD RITCHIE AND CHOICE K-LAYTON!!!!! And HSC will be in Cook County's womens lockup on a 1st Degree Murder Charge for the Comiskey Park parking lot slaying of your buddy KW. Your thinking in regards to Colon is presumptuous at best.

It's been good for PayRod's health though :angry:

this season should be able to tell for me. we are going to the playoff, but do we have enuff to dethrone minn. in order to do this, we need mark, and colon, plain and simple.

KW is a moron. Between all the fighting and BS and rumors what I gather is that MB would be more than willing to sign a contract with the Sox and the main sticking point is that he doesn't want to lose a year on the contract. To me that shows that he does want to be here. If Mark has another great season this year and KW doesn't get a contract done next winter I will be calling for his head.

But I'd still trade him for the right deal. Never say never.