OK Let the fight begin

LDF

All winter we were screaming for KW to trade for a number 2 pitcher.  He does better than that and gets an ace, and some of you want to trade MB.  I find an extremely puzzling lack of logic in that line of thinking.

that puzzles me too --

obviously we need to set up things to complain about.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what this thread really says is the off season is too long and we are really reaching for interesting topics...lets get it going...hurry up march 31st!!!

I couldn't agree more. I've been ready for baseball since...ummm... late October.

i think what this thread really says is the off season is too long and we are really reaching for interesting topics...lets get it going...hurry up march 31st!!!

bingo, however i am for tading anyone.

i would be one the meanest, sob of a gm. i would treat them as a peice of meat and try to get the best value for them while trying to build a championship team. if money is the bottom line for the agents, i would be more than willing to go there. there is hardly anymore loyalty and the word contract doesn't seem to exist.

hopefully by 2006 JR has sold the team or died and we have a new owner that might actually value quality starting left handed pitching ;)

an owner like me........ :D......... im headed to my aunts house to see if she can put the italian evil eye on jr........i know i have a lock of his hair around here somewhere..........

NOW PUBLIC HAIR DOESNT COUNT HSC, THAT FELL OUT LAST NIGHT IN YOUR BED.

You mean pubic hair?

First off, to whoever said Colon wont be here next year, he loves it here. I think hell signed longterm.

As for Mark, regardless of what you people think I think of him, he wont be staying here. 2006 will come and hell be gone. KW has spit in his face and I think its incurable. Sad as it is, I dont think well need to get a replacement ace, I think Garland, Wright and Rauch should step up just fine.

Understand that I dont want Buehrle to leave, I just think thats the way its going to be. I really dont think Buehrle wants to be here after what Kenny did to him...

great point and that is what i think.

trade him now when his trade value is high.

first of all colon wont be here next year... jr wont pay that much money...and someone will sweep him from under kw..... second of all if you trade mark now while his value is high then who the heck is going to pitch for you besides colon for the rest of the season??? surely you dont put your season trust in wright/garland/and ginter or glover to do it.........and while we may have gordon (if he stays healthy) but if hes not were screwed... you honestly do not trust wunch do ya? remember that white is going to have to adjust from the nl style to the al.....not alot of pitchers have a good time with that their first season out..ask todd ritchie ...... i guess the point im tryin to make here is that WE NEED MARK BUEHRLE ... at least through this season till we can see whos ready and whos not..... i would like for mark to stay around for a long term basis but we know that wont happen as jr doesnt sign pitchers like that.........(remember black jack et el..)...and kw has put the bad vibes between them out there in the open now....im sure in marks mind 06 cant come fast enough..... all the kid wants to do is play ball and it shows....its just a shame that our management feels the need to publicaly humiliate him with their petty offers and then turning it into a "he turned us down" type of thing.............they never learn......jr will alienate all the fans with that kind of attitude..........

Well, hsc you seem to be in a good mood today. Since you have acted kindly I feel obliged to do the same...

I think it could go either way hsc. If this year we play awesome and go far into the playoffs Jerry could see that a WS ring is close and deal out some extra money to try to resign Colon and make another run at it, unless we win it all right this year, then Im not quite sure what Jerry would do (keep it together or just get so caught up in the joy that hed let it fall apart). Or the other scenario is that we suck and Jerry just gives up. I think if we suck Jerrys not gonna see any reason to try to resign the guys and keep it all together.

As for Buehrle, I dont want to trade him and I dont even want to lose him. I just think if 2005 comes and we will lose him inevitably lets get something for him. Trade him before the deadline just like we did with Ray. Just actually get something. Dont do MB for two John Adkins style minor leaguers...

Baggio: I agree with you on almost everything as usual except I'm not an El Caballo basher.

HotSoxChick: Get goin' on that Italian Evil Eye & hank of hair thang & I hope it works because I don't want you goin' to no stinkin' jail for finally losin' it and goin' off on KW.

Mark Buehrle needs to stay & maybe Sox Fans can start donating to the Help Keep Mark Buehrle on the Southside of Chicago Fund. At this point I think that's our only hope of keepin' Mark & could just cry over the way he has been treated by Sox Management. It's one of the most pathetic(in the worst sense of the word)treatment of a Good Guy I can think of right now. Oh Yeah...Can you say Carlton Fisk????....uhmmmmm.....Robin Ventura?????

Baggio, I just read your post on the MLB board.

When did you take up drugs?

Surely when you posted about the possibility of anyone keeping sam-me's "ego in check" you were tripping???????? :D

That was the funniest thing that I ever read! :D :

Baggio, I just read your post on the MLB board.

When did you take up drugs?

Surely when you posted about the possibility of anyone keeping sam-me's  "ego in check" you were tripping???????? :D

That was the funniest thing that I ever read!  :D  :

hehehe..yeah what was i thinking..lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

roman im ALWAYS in a good mood... you just happen to come along and f*** it up every once in a while.....lol..........trust me on this...next year we will be in a state of rebuilding once again.....its just a regular thing around these parts anymore and no one stays very long... we have a new wave of guys who are getting up there on the 4-5 year mark and they have to go so we can bring up the young guys once again and start off fresh.....lol.........awesome fan ive already lost it.. if i could figure out how to sneak the gun in and off kw i would....lol lol lol........ok well its not that bad yet but its gettin close........baggs you did drugs and didnt share??? shame on you........cw im in pre party mode .. this is going to be the longest week i believe.....cant wait to see ya............

Guest hotsoxchick1
roman im ALWAYS in a good  mood...

cmon now who are you trying to fool. we all know you for what you are, a mean sob. :headbang

i save that mood for you only ldf....your the only one deserving of it and also the only one who can handle it.............. ;)

cmon now who are you trying to fool. we all know you for what you are, a mean sob. :headbang

i save that mood for you only ldf....your the only one deserving of it and also the only one who can handle it.............. ;)

on baby, continue to talk dirty to me, i am loving it. :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

on baby, continue to talk dirty to me, i am loving it. :headbang

:nono there will be no good dirty talk for you tonite young man :nono not unless you want to talk about doing dirty laundry and cleaning dirty floors.....lol which i should be doing now.....instead of playing around on here lol....... ;)

i was reading kw response to mark b comments.

yup the loyalty thing is what it is all about. imo.

the sox gave him a chance and this is how you repay him.

not sure I get what you mean here -

i was scouring one of the chi newpaper and i saw kw reaction to mark b comments in stl.

But who, in your opinion, was disloyal?

To me it was KW by offering an insulting contract (and then implying something way different).

And it is KW by even hinting anyone other than MB would start on opening day.

when your home team let you go for 37 rounds and the another team picked you up, you should be loyal to that team.

the sox gave him a CONTRACT, money and help develop him and what does he do, go and ask stl to get him back there. how bout the fans who are backing him.

what would your reaction be if rowand would ask for the same consideration of more money. would you have the same reaction. the answer will be no. why? b/c mark did well in pitching.

what would your reaction be if rowand would ask for the same consideration of more money. would you have the same reaction. the answer will be no. why? b/c mark did well in pitching.

The Sox brought MB up not to do a kid a favor but to win. And MB has won, has been the ace of our staff. Stiffing him for the $15,000 last year was incredible, and to offer him the same contract as last year is, to me, disloyal to a player who ahs done everything that he ahs been asked to do.

As for Rowand - if Rowand has a good a two years as MB, yes, then I would say pay AR. But AR hasn't had it yet, so no, for now.

What else do any of us work for?

The Sox brought MB up not to do a kid a favor but to win. And MB has won, has been the ace of our staff. Stiffing him for the $15,000 last year was incredible, and to offer him the same contract as last year is, to me, disloyal to a player who ahs done everything that he ahs been asked to do.

As for Rowand - if Rowand has a good a two years as MB, yes, then I would say pay AR. But AR hasn't had it yet, so no, for now.

What else do any of us work for?

a contract is a contract. do you see a player when he has 2 bad yrs giving any money back or asking to take a pay cut b/c of it?

a contract is a contract. do you see a player when he has 2 bad yrs giving any money back or asking to take a pay cut b/c of it?

MB doesn't have a contract now, does he? he's not asking for anything to be renegotiated - all we are talking about is a new contract for this year.

I for one do not ever offer to give money back when I have a bad spell at work!

I think players do take lesser amounts after bad years, just usually not with the same team. Hence, JB signes with KC for less than he had from Seattle or less than he had with us and LA. Royce (eveyone's favorite) took a pay cut going to Milwaukee. Players do take less, just not normally with the same team.