You mean France was lying??? naaahhhh

mmmmmbeeer

Can we really trust a notoriously right wing newspaper run by the Moonies? Just saying is all.

David Brock worked for them for years and goes into much detail about how it's a very biased paper. Just saying...I mean, it could very well be true, but I tend to doubt the information from a source owned by a guy who thinks he is the Messiah.

yeah, i didn't post this as fact. the article also clarifies that this will be fully investigated. I'm pretty sure that we all knew that France had some sort of ulterior motive, now it's just a matter of proving it. And yes, although I think it was just a matter of campaigning, I do give the Germans credit if they opposed the war with absolutely no outside motives.

Can we really trust a notoriously right wing newspaper run by the Moonies?  Just saying is all.

David Brock worked for them for years and goes into much detail about how it's a very biased paper.  Just saying...I mean, it could very well be true, but I tend to doubt the information from a source owned by a guy who thinks he is the Messiah.

Let me tell you what I trust and thats my own damn eyes. When my unit got to Baghdad we found all sorts of military equipment there. I'm talking about Night vision devices, artillery shells, mortars, rifles, the whole 9 yards. This stuff was brand spanking new and unopened and you know what was stamped on a nice percentage of the crates?

MADE IN FRANCE

MADE IN RUSSIA

You show me someone who thinks French and Russian opposition to the war was morally based and I'll show you someone who's woefully nieve.

Let me tell you what I trust and thats my own damn eyes.  When my unit got to Baghdad we found all sorts of military equipment there.  I'm talking about Night vision devices, artillery shells, mortars, rifles, the whole 9 yards.  This stuff was brand spanking new and unopened and you know what was stamped on a nice percentage of the crates? 

MADE IN FRANCE

MADE IN RUSSIA

You show me someone who thinks French and Russian opposition to the war was morally based and I'll show you someone who's woefully nieve.

amen nuke :headbang

amen nuke :headbang

Just to add something to give you guys an idea of the scale of this deal. My unit, a 100 man company of engineers, moved 200 truckloads of various weapons and ammunition in a 4 week period. This is after 2 weeks of working under orders to destroy with explosives anything we came upon. If we had tried to destroy all the military equipment we found in Baghdad alone my unit would have been there until hell froze over.

We had a satellite map of our sector which was something like 5 square miles and was marked with little red dots everywhere there were reports of weapons caches. The map looked like a nasty case of the measels when we got orders to pull out and thats after 6 weeks in town.

I venture to say that, in terms of quantity anyway, Iraq was the most heavily armed country in the world.

Just to add something to give you guys an idea of the scale of this deal.  My unit, a 100 man company of engineers, moved 200 truckloads of various weapons and ammunition in a 4 week period.  This is after 2 weeks of working under orders to destroy with explosives anything we came upon.  If we had tried to destroy all the military equipment we found in Baghdad alone my unit would have been there until hell froze over.

How can we trust information from such a biased, right wing source? :huh

Can we really trust a notoriously right wing newspaper run by the Moonies?  Just saying is all.

David Brock worked for them for years and goes into much detail about how it's a very biased paper.  Just saying...I mean, it could very well be true, but I tend to doubt the information from a source owned by a guy who thinks he is the Messiah.

As opposed to all the left wing "sources" that you post as fact?

Let me tell you what I trust and thats my own damn eyes.  When my unit got to Baghdad we found all sorts of military equipment there.  I'm talking about Night vision devices, artillery shells, mortars, rifles, the whole 9 yards.  This stuff was brand spanking new and unopened and you know what was stamped on a nice percentage of the crates? 

MADE IN FRANCE

MADE IN RUSSIA

I guess they ran out of the stuff stamped

MADE IN THE USA ;)

And YASNY, none of my left wing sources have an owner who claims to be the Messiah like Mr. Moon does. So there's a bit of a difference.

I just find it amusing that everybody is b****ing about Russia and France possibly giving weapons to Iraq when we're fighting the war about how underhanded it is...yet we did the exact same thing in the 1980s when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan giving Osama and the Moujhadeen weapons, money and training. If we get to do stuff like that and think it's alright, then why is it so underhanded that other countries do the exact same thing?

And hey, I could even go all the way back to WW II and discuss how guys like Henry Ford built tanks for the Nazis and the Allies.

I guess they ran out of the stuff stamped

MADE IN THE USA  ;)

Yeah, they probably ran out of it around the time the Gulf War kicked off back in 1991 and those meddelsome arms sanctions kicked in.

No worries though, France and Russia were there to help out our pal embargoes be damned. The UN's silence on this issue is deafening.

I just find it amusing that everybody is b****ing about Russia and France possibly giving weapons to Iraq when we're fighting the war about how underhanded it is...yet we did the exact same thing in the 1980s when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan giving Osama and the Moujhadeen weapons, money and training.  If we get to do stuff like that and think it's alright, then why is it so underhanded that other countries do the exact same thing?

The reason that people like me are b****ing about that is that they are hypocrites twice over. They vote for weapons sanctions then turn around and violate them whenever it suits them for their own personal profit. Then they try to cover their tracks saying they are against the war based on moral grounds.

I thought you hated war profiteers sideshow, where's your virulent criticism here?

There is no "possibly" about it when it comes to those 2 giving arms to Iraq. I saw it with my own eyes, loaded crate after crate of Russian and French military gear onto trucks and blew up a good deal as well. And mind you my units sector was a mere 5 square miles of ONE city in a country the size of California.

France and Russia. The darlings of the left for standing up to evil George Bush. All the while they are selling weapons to a criminal regime in direct violation of the UN embargo.

What a joke.