ChicagoSportsReview.com

Molto

Hey guys, I just want to let some of ya guys know that I'm running the ChicagoSportsReview.com, it's a web site of a monthly magazine.

Anyway, I've been working on it for the last two months and just wanna let ya guys know about it.

http://www.chicagosportsreview.com

It is still a work in progress in regards to some of the layout and the news content we'll supply, but it's getting there and eventually we're going to have serious coverage on all five main sports teams as well as all other Chicago and Chicago area sports teams and leagues: from the Wolves to high school football. We'll also be getting press credentials and stuff like that in the near future so our coverage won't be based from the outside perspective.

Anyway, I want you guys to check it out and give it a try, sign up for the newsletter if you want and give me some feedback on it. We could use all the insight and suggestions and comments you guys can offer.

Also, if there are any journalists on the board who would like to gain some good experience, add clips to their resume and be a part of something that we hope to be the number one media source in Chicago.

Write here or email me at mario@chisport.com if you have any comments or are interested in contributing.

thanks guys,

Mario

The site looked pretty cool. I'm not sure what to expect from the mag or anything and I still don't know what the end product will be, but it's a good foundation to build off of. I'm still curious as to what you are going to have in the mag.

the magazine, which is free right now, comes out at the begining of every month, right now it's at a circulation of 30,000. The content is pretty basic: feature stories, columns and stuff like that. right now, it is only 16 pages or so, but we will be doubling it next month.

Just pinned it for ya Mario. 

Damn, I just saw Odds and Ends...man that brings back memories.  Great Stuff Mario and nice recap Mark (aka Murcie) :headbang

yes it does jas ... a part of me still misses SoxNet a whole lot, but so far, everything has worked out for the better.

the magazine, which is free right now, comes out at the begining of every month, right now it's at a circulation of 30,000.  The content is pretty basic: feature stories, columns and stuff like that.  right now, it is only 16 pages or so, but we will be doubling it next month.

Mario, where are you guys distributing at? Anywhere downtown? I'd be curious to pick it up.

I know a kid who does photo journalism who could probably help with hockey stuff, or if you were in a pinch I could moonlight myself.  Looks neat on the surface when I get a chance I look a little closer.

sure, have him email me at mario@chisport.com if he's interested ... same goes for you Matt, do you have any writing experience?

sure, have him email me at mario@chisport.com if he's interested ... same goes for you Matt, do you have any writing experience?

And Mario, you know me. I've got a full time gig now here and at FutureSox, but I'll write the occasional bit if you want me to. You guys will accept articles on NE Iowa high school basketball, right? :lol:

Mario, where are you guys distributing at?  Anywhere downtown?  I'd be curious to pick it up.

there are a few places downtown, but I don't know exactly where to be sure as I've spent all my time on the web portion of it.

I had the list at one point but I think I lost it as I do too many times.

And Mario, you know me. I've got a full time gig now here and at FutureSox, but I'll write the occasional bit if you want me to. You guys will accept articles on NE Iowa high school basketball, right?  :lol:

oh god, we've been in dire need of that coverage!

I know jason is already working you like a dog, so I'll leave ya alone, lol.

well, no, at least not yet.

when we do start covering IHSA, it won't be game by game, we'll probably just have a few correspondents/reporters for it who will write a couple days a week or so

well, no, at least not yet.

when we do start covering IHSA, it won't be game by game, we'll probably just have a few correspondents/reporters for it who will write a couple days a week or so

I would not mind then some periodic overviews of Chicago teams - by which I mean teams that play in the city, public or private - it is not that easy following city teams out here

I would not mind then some periodic overviews of Chicago teams - by which I mean teams that play in the city, public or private - it is not that easy following city teams out here

definately.

Obviously, the lower the team the longer it will take to supply coverage, but our goal is to cover everything, even if some are only on a weekly basis. In many cases, it will be better than what others are doing anyway.