Uh Ohhhhhhhh.....

The Critic

Headline of Sun-Times:

"RIP FEST"

"SoxFest turns sour as angry fans take their swings at management during annual winter convention"

WHAT have you kids been up to????

So I'm guessing that Maury made it AFTER ALL!!! :D

And bad news for me - KW says that JosE6 isn't going anywhere....I knew that, but it's still bad to hear that kind of news.

EDIT TO ADD:

It turns out that the "female fan" who made Ozzie fire back and told KW that "I'm not finished yet" was our very own STEFF!!!!

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

BIG respect to Steff for causing SUCH A SCENE!!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT TO ADD:

It turns out that the "female fan" who made Ozzie fire back and told KW that "I'm not finished yet" was our very own STEFF!!!!

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

BIG respect to Steff for causing SUCH A SCENE!!!!

She didn't cause a scene.

She was asking the question, Williams thought she was done making her point, he started answering, and she said something like "Kenny, I'm not finished".

She said something to him at the start of the question like, "I'm Stephanie, from Plainfield, hi neighbor" ... something like that, to KW.

It was a sullen, sarcastic, borderline hostile crowd, or at least the majority were. I also sensed a few who'd been freely hitting the beer taps before the seminar, perhaps to get their courage up.

Baggio asked a question but did not ask KW to resign, as he said he would.

HSC described how she follows the farm teams, goes to games in Birmingham, Louisville, etc. (some guy was heard to say "we're happy for ya, lady") and berated KW about Aaron Miles. KW's response was basically. "well, we liked Aaron Miles too, but we do this for a living". The clear implication was they (Sox personnel) were more qualified to make a personnel judgement. Time will tell.

There was a significant amount of people grumbling under their breath with every response. I think it showed a lack of courtesy, as other people were trying to listen to the responses.

Hawk tried to get the crowd on his side, but this group was having none of it. He went off on Mariotti, stating he's seen Mariotti at the ballpark once, and only once. He also commented how he and DJ haven't told people "the other side" of some of these media people, and promised he'd do that this year.

The "kid" who asked about ticket prices, i.e. "I just got out of school, I'm on a budget but have a job", etc. took forever to make his point. There were a number of people waiting in line to ask questions. This "kid" looked to me to be about 35. I could be wrong. But he was obviously clueless, asking why the U.S. Cellular money wasn't being pumped into player personnel. It's only been reported 100+ times that money is for ballpark improvements ONLY.

My Take: People are entitled to their opinions, and people are entitled to be angry. The same goes for the panelists (KW, DJ, Hawk, Hahn, Guillen).

But remember ... It's not all about YOU. Show a little respect for other people in the room. Shut your yap when these guys are answering questions, so other people sitting around you can hear the responses. No one is impressed with how smart you are, or how smart you think you are.

I thought it was a fair, open, frank exchange of thoughts and ideas. I also felt the panel showed more composure and class than the fans.

Just my .02

One more thing ...

There was a guy sitting next to me who turned around 3-4 times and told Steff to pipe down. He called her by name.

I asked him who he was, and he acted like he was some kind of undercover agent who couldn't reveal his indentity. I asked if he was one of our posters, and he snapped "no, I'm not part of any web site". I did not get the chance to introduce myself, as he was listening intently, as was I.

So whoever you are ... sorry if I bothered you by asking who you were.

One more thing ...

There was a guy sitting next to me who turned around 3-4 times and told Steff to pipe down.  He called her by name.

I asked him who he was, and he acted like he was some kind of undercover agent who couldn't reveal his indentity.  I asked if he was one of our posters, and he snapped "no, I'm not part of any web site".  I did not get the chance to introduce myself, as he was listening intently, as was I.

So whoever you are ... sorry if I bothered you by asking who you were.

it's cool jim, I just didn't want anyone to know I was attending...

I heard from a friend that was there (so dont go b****ing to me and s***):

That KW pretty much shot everyone down who attempted to argue with him.

Now thats just what I hear, so don't start b****ing at me.

I just wanna know if it's true.

Not true.

KW didn't pander to anyone either. If he felt the point was legit, he tried to explain the organization's position on the matter.

If he felt it wasn't legit, he explained why.

Again, just my .02

BTW, I was 100% sober.

Good job Steff and others this is the only time a year fans have access to this panel of idiots I feel real bad they have to answer some questions once a year  :fyou the lying bastards

What did they lie about? I think it's unfair to bash these guys. If you want to be pissed at JR for not raising payroll, that's one thing, but these guys are doing a good job with what they have to work with.

Hawk tried to get the crowd on his side, but this group was having none of it.  He went off on Mariotti, stating he's seen Mariotti at the ballpark once, and only once.  He also commented how he and DJ haven't told people "the other side" of some of these media people, and promised he'd do that this year.

Why did Hawk bring up Jay Mariotti? Did someone mention him in a queston about the media biaism in this city?

Also, its interesting to see Hawk comment on the "other side" of media people. Its already obvious that Cubs are the headline so it I wouldn't be too shocked to hear that.

What did they lie about? I think it's unfair to bash these guys. If you want to be pissed at JR for not raising payroll, that's one thing, but these guys are doing a good job with what they have to work with.

What the hell they done :rolleyes: nothing KW lies lets count the ways he was going to keep half of the fa.....keeped none, going to bring in grinders.......brought in none, going to look for a manager with experience.....brought a joke of a 3rd base coach again ie JM, b****es about payroll but gives JV 5 mil, Konerko an extension, Koch 5 mil, KW brought in BC for 1 yr is only decent move he has EVER made. Since he took over as GM the team and farm system has fallen greatly.

"keeped none," huh? ;)

actually koch or foulke had that 5 mil coming to them. wasn't like it was a bad move....both had sad seasons with us. I don't even know if I'd say BC was a great move... I'd like a part of Rocky Biddles' 30+ saves last year.

What I  mean was like no one put anything past him. 

He had to answer to what everyone said, and no one made him look foolish.

Why would you expect anything different? Do you a guy in his position who came from Stanford is not going to have answers?

Whether someone likes KW's answers or not or believes they are truthful, there is no way a fan with limited knowledge of everything that goes on (that is all of us) can win a debate with KW in a forum like that. It would be like going to battle with BB guns when your opponent has semi-automatic machine guns.

Why would you expect anything different?  Do you a guy in his position who came from Stanford is not going to have answers?

Whether someone likes KW's answers or not or believes they are truthful, there is no way a fan with limited knowledge of everything that goes on (that is all of us) can win a debate with KW in a forum like that.  It would be like going to battle with BB guns when your opponent has semi-automatic machine guns.

:notworthy

actually koch or foulke had that 5 mil coming to them. wasn't like it was a bad move

I know that for last year I am talking about the 5mil BK has for 2004 with the extension If we would of keeped KF last year he would be OFF the booksin 2004 it is 5 mil wasted this year.