Jose, Jose Jose

cwsox

Jose saying it is fine with me. He has been here for awhile now; been shipped around every position; and showed he just wants to win. Jose will take steps to improve himself...and I feel he is one of the three or four players who could say something to this extent (Magglio, Kong, and Sandy being the others).

I just came from Soxfest, Saturday, and Valentin was very supportive of Frank. He said we need Frank to win, and that every player, including Frank needs to step up and play the game right. He wasn't taking a shot, he very genuinely said Frank was a very significant part of the team, and that all need to play together. Hawk added to it stating that people are blowing this out of proportion. He said Ozzie and Frank are really good friends and that when ST starts, it will all overblow so they can get down to business- winning games. I got a good feeling coming out of it, and I think the mentality is going to change for everyone in the clubhouse. Players and coaches will be on the same page.

Yeah I often don't see my good friends in 6 or more years and I also don't return their phone calls but we are really good friends....

Just cuz you don't believe it doesn't make it untrue. They have a mutual respect for each other. When ST starts it will all be put behind them. They're both men, and have a desire to win. Winning cures any bs between them. Just because they don't have Christmas dinners with each other doesn't make them not friends. You'll see this season, they'll be fine and Frank will lead by example for the young guys.

Jose saying it is fine with me. He has been here for awhile now; been shipped around every position; and showed he just wants to win. Jose will take steps to improve himself...and I feel he is one of the three or four players who could say something to this extent (Magglio, Kong, and Sandy being the others).

He's played his heart out for this team and deserves respect. He has more clutch hits in a weekend series than any of his would be replacements over the years have had in their combined lifetimes. How about leaving him be at SS where he always is making stuff happen?

He's played his heart out for this team and deserves respect.  He has more clutch hits in a weekend series than any of his would be replacements over the years have had in their combined lifetimes.  How about leaving him be at SS where he always is making stuff happen?

Exactly.

He's played his heart out for this team and deserves respect.  He has more clutch hits in a weekend series than any of his would be replacements over the years have had in their combined lifetimes.  How about leaving him be at SS where he always is making stuff happen?

right on nuke

Right on, Nuke. Jose has done nothing but been a hardnosed team player. He's earned every right to say what he thinks, in my opinion.

I'm glad he's staying too. A little humor in the interactive session with Hawk, DJ, Valentin, and Buehrle. Buehrle said he likes to play cards and just hang around with the guys before a start, and Valentin starts making faces. After he was done, Valentin interjected and said it was a lie. He said Buehrle plays baseball video games and uses himself as the pitcher. Everybody starts laughing, because even though Valentin was serious he was having fun with it. Buehrle was laughing too, it was kind of funny.

He is hard nosed and emphasized playing hard against everyone this year. He played with Guillen and is excited what he's going to bring to this team. I was glad to hear it.

Jose also had a few things to say about Minnesota. He flat out said they cheat with the air conditioners. He said you can see the flag blowing when we're up, but it doesn't when they bat. Also kind of suspicious, more like flat out evidence, he said when Carlos smashed that ball that Hunter caught, that the ball no doubt should have carried out. He said everyone knew he flat out rocked it. He said then a ball hit less hard when hit by the Twins amazing had enough distance.

Just cuz you don't believe it doesn't make it untrue. They have a mutual respect for each other. When ST starts it will all be put behind them. They're both men, and have a desire to win. Winning cures any bs between them. Just because they don't have Christmas dinners with each other doesn't make them not friends. You'll see this season, they'll be fine and Frank will lead by example for the young guys.

Lighten up man..it was just a smart ass comment, that's why it was in green, and i never said i didn't believe it either but i do find it hard to believe that it that they can be friends after over 6 years of no contact and i do have to agree that frank will lead by example cause i have no faith in ozzie and his big mouth

The only chance we had of movin Jose as to either New York when Boone went down or LA as a throw in in a bigger deal. Now that looks unlikely, so I guess we'll hav to put up with his .230 avg, ova 100 K's the usual tidbits we've come to expect from Jose ova da years. Just be glad his deal is for 1 season only though, at least we don't hav a long term problem here.

The only chance we had of movin Jose as to either New York when Boone went down or LA as a throw in in a bigger deal. Now that looks unlikely, so I guess we'll hav to put up with his .230 avg, ova 100 K's the usual tidbits we've come to expect from Jose ova da years. Just be glad his deal is for 1 season only though, at least we don't hav a long term problem here.

I'll take his .230 25 70 with 20-25 errors over god-knows-what Uribe would put up.....maybe .210 5 40 with an OBP of .260 and maybe 5-10 fewer errors....BFD if you ask me. I'll take Jose over Uribe every day.

BTW, I did not read the article, but me personally, I feel Jose is one of those guys that has the right to say some controversial things without pushing it. Whether you feel he pushed it or not is up to you....I haven't even made up my mind whether or not he has because I haven't read it, as I said.

For what it's worth, I have heard it said on radio by Dan McNeil, Ed Farmer, John Rooney, and Bill Melton over the last 4 years or so that Jose is the "team leader."

I don't know what that means, if it means anything, but obviously he's respected in the clubhouse and by his teammates.

If only he was 2 million cheaper, I would love him to death. :D

If only he was 2 million cheaper, I would love him to death

Me too...ME TOO! I've said from day one that Jose swindled Kenny into paying him 1-2 Mill more than he was worth. Good for him.

Frank comment? Since Jose himself put on a mighty big choking in the Twins Series in September, it may sound funny to call out a fellow veteran choker.

Then again.....Jose has never been one to keep him mouth shut. When he takes young players under his wing, keeps things loose in the dugout, pats youngsters (Jimenez, Borchard, Crede, Olivo) on the back, telling them what they did wrong when they make a mistake during the game, reportedly tries to break up and resolve nearly every clubhouse conflict AND plays his ass of ON the field......we all all recognize it as manifestations of LEADER's personality.

HOWEVER, when the same character trait that compels Jose to actually GIVE a s*** about things other than his stats produces an UNPLEASANT truth.....some people are shocked.

Hey, you CAN'T have it both ways. You can't have Jose leaving it all on the field, being a dugout clown, helping youngsters, charming people at Soxfest and not being afraid to take a pre-eminent role in resolving a clubhouse controversy.....WITHOUT an occasional unnecessary blurb thrown to the media hounds.

That's not how it works. If you fell in love with a woman for her flamboyant, independent spirit and a keen mind, don't be surprised when one day she puts her foot in yo ass when you do something that strongly disagrees with her beliefs. :nono

Jose will speak his mind, for better or, as in this case, for worse.

I couldn't have said it better. Jose is a fighter, a team player and dedicated. He is much better than some people seem to want to give him credit for and I am glad he is our SS. He is one of my favorites without a doubt. I think it's time for those who want to constantly criticize Jose and some others on this team to accept the teeam we have and let's get on with baseball.

So I remember reading somewhere that Jose was practicing batting left-handed against southpaws during winterball, possibly in preparation to become a fulltime LH hitter... Do you think we could see a considerable jump in his average this season if he indeed ends up hitting from the left side fulltime?

So I remember reading somewhere that Jose was practicing batting left-handed against southpaws during winterball, possibly in preparation to become a fulltime LH hitter...  Do you think we could see a considerable jump in his average this season if he indeed ends up hitting from the left side fulltime?

If he did that, it would probably go down. He hit as bad against lefties left-handed as he does right-handed.

We're better just using him only against righties.

Do you think we could see a considerable jump in his average this season if he indeed ends up hitting from the left side fulltime

I don't think so, not a major jump anyway.

Then again, considering his RH OPS was about 400 last year, I think imporving won't be much of a problem. I am looking for 650 LH-vs-LHP OPS in 75 at bats, most against mediocre relievers, less if Uribe gets off to a hot start.

Jose is an idiot for not doing it 10 years ago, though.