New cable contract

mmmmmbeeer

I apparently missed this whole cable contract/station deal. I live out of town so, unless I see news on here, I don't know what's going on with the Sox. Is this going to hurt my extra innings coverage of the Sox? Is it a pay-per-view kind of deal? Could someone please shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

From what I understand is the Bulls, White Sox, Cubs, and Blackhawks have started their own cable station, basically replacing Fox Sports Net... This means they get to cut out the middle man and theoretically everyone makes more money (Similar to what the Yankees have in NY, but with 4 teams)

What I heard is that it should have the same area coverage that it does now.... Comcast has signed on I believe... It wouldn't make much sense for the teams to do this if they didn't get basically the same area coverage and make more $$$$

Does anyone know wut will happen if the Sox/Cubs are playing at the same time who they will air and will some games still be on WGN and does anyone know if i will be able to receive these games on DISH NETWORK (cause that is wut i have)....sorry for all the ignorance but i missed this too. :huh

Does anyone know wut will happen if the Sox/Cubs are playing at the same time who they will air and will some games still be on WGN

As was mentioned, this new sports channel that the 4 teams are creating will replace Fox Sports Net basically. instead of the teams airing select games on Fox Sports Net, they will air games on this channel instead. Games will still be broadcast via WGN and WCIU. In fact, WGN announced that "beginning in April 2004, all WGN-TV Cubs, White Sox and Bulls home game telecasts will be produced in the high definition television format." :headbang

Sounds like a good system they got goin up there now. Hopefully this will bring in sum more money than the old Fox Sports deal, and improve the team. I know down here now we are just gettin digital and high definition on the national cable contract with bout 130 more channels and bein able to choose which camera u can watch sports from. If only there was sum way to get that channel down here in da future. :lol: