Wrestling talk...

Hey Heads...too bad that Iowa State got bottle fed today by Okie State in wrestling. Absolutly embarressed. All of the ISU studs got beat but one, most of them got beat up. Tough day for Iowa State wrestling.

I was wondering how they did but I'm still on a high from Kansas. What was the score?

I was wondering how they did but I'm still on a high from Kansas. What was the score?

26-6 IIRC. Two of the Cyclones top wrestlers each loss (Roberson, ranked 2nd at 133...smaller Paulson, ranked 2nd at 149). Roberson lost to 2x defending 133 national champion Johnny Thompson (ranked 5th at 133). It sounded ugly from the summaries I heard. Johnny had been wrestling awful, but he can turn it on at anytime. Grant Nakamura (ranked 15th at 125) sounded just plain awful. Bigger Paulson got beat up by Hendricks (ranked 8th at 157) 7-1. Okie State could have national champs at 165 (Lewis ranked 2nd), 174 (Pendleton ranked 1st), and 184 (Rosholt ranked 1st, defending champ); so those matches are givens. Both 197 and 285 are weak spots for each team. Okie State's HWT Grunwald (ranked 16th at 285) gets a ton of heat for not being able to step it up (our HWT pinned him; Mike Keenan, ranked 18th at 285).

Gallick was the only top wrestler to win. He barely beat Ronnie Delk (ranked 18th at 141). Gallick will be ranked 2nd next week. He upset Teyon Ware yesterday in a huge match. Ware was national champ last season. First loss for Ware this season. Delk got b****ed bad by my team's 141 pounder, Andy Simmons (ranked 8th at 141). I assume Gallick was coming off his high from beating Ware though. 141 is stacked this season.

ISU has had a lot of injuries lately though, in the last month or so.

All I know is, I can't wait to see Moline's AJ Lavender in the Cyclone lineup in the next few years. Should be a starter after next season. He wrestled on Team Illinois with me.

Hey Heads...too bad that Iowa State got bottle fed today by Okie State in wrestling. Absolutly embarressed. All of the ISU studs got beat but one, most of them got beat up. Tough day for Iowa State wrestling.

not that this is the thread or the forum to mention, but my little brother, who by all accounts is the suck of the family is really doing well with wrestling. he is in his first year and is wrestling up in high school meets, though he is only in 9th grade and placed third in his first meet and second 2 weekends ago(beating a kid he lost to the first meet. I am living vicariously through him because he will place at provincials in his first year and I'm flying him down for to Winsdor for nationals even though his team isn't going(I'm a carded coach anyhow). he is so much more coachable than I was and , really eager to learn I am so excited.

not that this is the thread or the forum to mention, but my little brother, who by all accounts is the suck of the family is really doing well with wrestling.  he is in his first year and is wrestling up in high school meets, though he is only in 9th grade and placed third in his first meet and second 2 weekends ago(beating a kid he lost to the first meet.  I am living vicariously through him because he will place at provincials in his first year and I'm flying him down for to Winsdor for nationals even though his team isn't going(I'm a carded coach anyhow).  he is so much more coachable than I was and , really eager to learn I am so excited.

You wreslted Mathew? Canadian wrestling does it right. Some tough seniors out of Canada too. I was at an open in November and London Western were there. The collegiant styles are different, as the US wrestles American Folkstyle and Canada wrestle Freestyle. That is awesome, I wish him luck.

You wreslted Mathew? Canadian wrestling does it right. Some tough seniors out of Canada too. I was at an open in November and London Western were there. The collegiant styles are different, as the US wrestles American Folkstyle and Canada wrestle Freestyle. That is awesome, I wish him luck.

I never lost to an American :lol: , I had a fight with the Montana state champ and beat him in O.T., but Americans didn't know our rules well enough and I took advantage plenty. Watching and coaching the brother makes me miss it, I was in phenominal shape then and I a fat slob now. :ph34r:

Is anybody here a fan of Ultimate Fighting, Southamerican version where you're allowed to headbutt and knee your oppnent's face among other neat things?

Ya know who Minotauro is? He is a mixed martial artist (what the ultimate fighters are really called). Brazillian Jujitsu is awsome.

I know HBO did a special on some super-fit Hawaii-looking dude as he tried to win the Japan World title AND battle his addiction and slutbag of a girlfriend at the same time.

I remember the russian fat slob who had unstoppable kickbowing skills and beat the s*** out of the Hawaiian dude to everyone's dismay. I think he cheated too by kneeing him on the forehead while the ref looked away....surreal.

Who is this Menautouro? I hope he is not a wrestler cuz I am sick of wrestlers winning the ultimate fighting.