Wins in 2004

knightni

How many wins will the Sox have in '04?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will the Sox have in '04?

• 59-
    • 60-65
    • 66-72
    • 73-79
    • 80-85
    • 86-90
    • 91-95
    • 96+

We will do very well.

I believe.

I agree with you Brando. These past years we've looked great on paper but never produced. Maybe looking worse on paper will maybe inspire the Sox to play some hard nosed baseball and earn the division title instead of letting the Twins outplay us at the end.

Don't worry - Greg Maddux should be signing here any day now. 

:lolhitting

I only wish that wasn't a joke.  ::Sigh::

Did u see Boras is tryin to raise his value to da Cubs by tellin em he's also a good teacher not just a good pitcher. :lol: :nono

He also creates fake interest from other teams, which causes the interested team to "panic" and raise their offer.

Case in point - Alex Rodriguez. The Rangers owner ended up bidding against himself.

Scott BorASS is a weasel. Sadly, he's a rich weasel. :nono

He also creates fake interest from other teams, which causes the interested team to "panic" and raise their offer. 

Case in point - Alex Rodriguez.  The Rangers owner ended up bidding against himself. 

Scott BorASS is a weasel.  Sadly, he's a rich weasel. :nono

I found this in an old chat wrap from ESPN,

Scott Boras: There has been absolutely no relationship between ticket prices and player salaries -- it's simply not a credible barometer as to what major league teams are doing.

Salaries are what the market demands -- that's true of any product. If there is a demand, a player will get paid. You don't hear the Dodgers complaining about Kevin Brown's contract because they understand his value to the franchise. I remember when I was chastised for signing Greg Maddux to a "greedy" contract in 1993, but that certainly turned out to be a terrific deal for the Braves.

Look at the White Sox. They play in a big market but have been unable to maximize revenues due to some bad decisions made early in the decade. It's something that we should look at more often. We give teams opportunities to make themselves better, but they don't always take advantage of those opportunties.

I'm going with about 90 wins. I dont truly believe we will be as bad as many think. Yes we lost colon, and a couple of bullpen guys, but aside from that, we have pretty much the same core as last year. Alomar and everett didnt come over until mid season, and i would rather have rowand in center full time anyways. As long as we dont have a first couple of bad months again, ie: koch, konerko, crede, buerhle, then i believe we should be okay. This is just my humble opinion. And at this point im sick of football, and glad its over, and the hawks arent doing anything, so im more than ready for baseball. Whether it be a good or bad season, i just cant wait until that first pitch is thrown. :D

79-83 and a 3rd place finish in the ALC

KC got tougher, CLE will be tougher, MIN we will lose all but 1 game in the dome.

We'll get slaughtered outside of our division by everyone but TX. The west is solid except for TX. The East got a lot tougher this year with Baltimore stepping up, TOR should be decent, and Sweet Lou doing his thing down in TB. Our national league games are not going to be cake, especially our sets against the sCrUBS.

Pitching will kill us, absolutely destroy us, as will the lack of a leadoff man.

I still feel comfortable with 76 wins. There are quite a few leaps of faith that need to happen for us to win 90. I do think it is possible, but not very likely. Plus after listening to some of the things that came out of Ozzies mouth this weekend, I could see a clubhouse revolt happen sometime this year.

79-83 and a 3rd place finish in the ALC

KC got tougher, CLE will be tougher, MIN we will lose all but 1 game in the dome.

We'll get slaughtered outside of our division by everyone but TX.  The west is solid except for TX.  The East got a lot tougher this year with Baltimore stepping up, TOR should be decent, and Sweet Lou doing his thing down in TB.  Our national league games are not going to be cake, especially our sets against the sCrUBS. 

Pitching will kill us, absolutely destroy us, as will the lack of a leadoff man.

What pitching is going to kill us, as far as I'm concerned we have by far the best 1-3 starters in the AL Central. It's not even close.

And in terms of 4 and 5, we've got as good as anyone else has in the AL Central.

I mean who does KC even have for starters? Anderson, May, Affeldt, Appier, Asensio. I'm not even sure if any of them would be in our top 4, except for maybe May or Anderson.

And Minny's starters? Radke, Santana, Lohse, Mays and ????

Mays got absolutely smashed last yr as did Lohse after he went around the league a few times. These teams have HUGE pitching holes compared to us if you ask me (in regards to starters).

Hawks pick to click for 2004 is Jon Garland.  He really thinks Ozzie will get him the confidence he needs to succeed.  He is betting that Garland wins at least 15 games this year.

I agree with hawk. I also believe that the other pitchers (Buerhle and loaiza) will be better this year as well. I believe, for some odd reason, that Willie Harris will also improve... ;)