Sleeper Prospect

Chisoxfn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of prospects, what's been up with Valenzuela, I remember he was having a really good ST a couple years back, but then got injured or something. I always thought he had a good shot of success. But probably now hes not so young anymore and I can't see him breaking into such a crowded outfield.

Speaking of prospects, what's been up with Valenzuela, I remember he was having a really good ST a couple years back, but then got injured or something. I always thought he had a good shot of success. But probably now hes not so young anymore and I can't see him breaking into such a crowded outfield.

I always thought Valenzuela would break out onto the swing like Magglio did. Magglio was never that highly touted and then he showed up and well, the Sox never sent him down. He hit from the get go.

I thought he was healthy and I know he played in winterball this year. He is still a part of the organization.

I always thought Valenzuela would break out onto the swing like Magglio did.  Magglio was never that highly touted and then he showed up and well, the Sox never sent him down.  He hit from the get go. 

I thought he was healthy and I know he played in winterball this year.  He is still a part of the organization.

Yeah, I think it may have been 2002 (?) where he was really tearing it up, especially with his power numbers, then he was out for the whole year I believe. Will he start in Charlotte this year, or be a backup which I think he was last year?

Great, the site is now loaded with Sox Minor Leaguers.......

I can't wait for the "Brandon McCarthy Sucks" thread or the "Send Wyatt Allen Back to Rookie Ball" thread.

I can see the idiots typing the thread title now!

Well no matter what, they can't reach my level. I mean I can pinpoint my 78-80 MPH fastball and my knuckler ain't too bad :lol:

And my curve....lets just say thats a work in progress, but it kicks butt when I don't hang it :lol:

Kane has injuries as an excuse.  Allen hasn't made it to Birmingham yet, so I don't know enough to discuss him.

Allen seemed to pitch pretty good in Winston Salem last year. Fewer hits then inning pitched is always a plus.

A great season in Bham and I think he'd be back on the fast track.

I go out on a limb and say that Jason Grilli is our 5th starter by mid-June, and then wins 12 games.

Ala Jason Bere, circa 1993. :headbang

I think it will be a miracle if we get 12 wins from our 5th starter. Still a lot of ppl round here think Grilli has a lot of talent, Spring Training will be a big key for him, but hopefully he can stay injury free and pitch well enough to make it in Chicago.

• 6 months later...

Not really a sleeper pick here, but I think that Felix Diaz will eventually have a fine career. Not expecting him to be a top of the rotation guy, but I think his fastball/changeup/curveball is good enough to get it done in this league. If he can use the whole plate, like he was doing against Oakland (Not counting the first three innings), he should be alright. I hope.