Dem Primary Elections

CubsSuck1

By the end of the night, Lieberman, Sharpton, and Kucinich will drop out.

That leaves Kerry, Dean, Edwards, and Clark.

Clark wil leave after the next primary and then it is a 3 man race.

I am a HUGE Dean supporter, but in the end it will be a Kerry/Edwars ticket. But, I will support Dean all the way to the end.

Sharpton and Kucinich will stay in for a long time because they have nothing to lose and can hang in.

But they are not factors.

Lieberman is out, tonight. :headbang :usa He is about to announce out now.

Dean is toast, over, done, he doesn't know it. He did something to energize the party but its over.

Clark - if he wins Oklahoma, he hangs in, If he loses, he has won nothing.

I am for Clark, but I might real easily chnage my vote to Edwards this Saturday in the Michigan caucus/ For what it is worth, I am the county chair here and am running the county caucus (we have two sites).

Edwards - Kerry - will he happy with anyone.

I will work hard for whoever the nominee is. You too athomeboy?

I doubt it will be Kerry/Edwards ticket - two Senators - hasn't been done I don't think snce 1960.

Sharpton and Kucinich will stay in for a long time because they have nothing to lose  and can hang in.

But they are not factors.

Lieberman is out, tonight.  :headbang  :usa He is about to announce out now.

Dean is toast, over, done, he doesn't know it.  He did something to energize the party but its over.

Clark - if he wins Oklahoma, he hangs in,  If he loses, he has won nothing. 

I am for Clark, but I might real easily chnage my vote to Edwards this Saturday in the Michigan caucus/  For what it is worth, I am the county chair here and am running the county caucus (we have two sites). 

Edwards - Kerry - will he happy with anyone.

I will work hard for whoever the nominee is.  You too athomeboy?

I doubt it will be Kerry/Edwards ticket - two Senators - hasn't been done I don't think snce 1960.

Not a big lieberman fan?

I was for Kucinich, then somewhat for Dean, now I have no idea. I don't really like any more than others. :huh:

Not a big lieberman fan?

I was for Kucinich, then somewhat for Dean, now I have no idea. I don't really like any more than others. :huh:

not a lieberman fan, no.

I have some Kucinich baseball style political cards - if you PM me your address I will mail them to you as well as some Dean bumper stickers. I have enough political memorbilia sitting around, be glad to part with some.

Heads has been suggesting Edwards all along - I'd look at him again - for me it is whoever is the nominee, I work my ass of for - but for Heads' sake, I just made a contribution to Edwards campaign, which means I have given money to Dean, Edwards, Graham, and Clark thus far.

Well, Vince, if you're just throwing money around like that....I'm running for president. :lol:

send me your webpage with your campaign contribution link and off it goes!

I have decided, I am voting for Edwards this Saturday!

maybe looking at your sig has had an effect on me!

I don't think Kerry is unstoppable at all, unfortunately Edwards isn't planning on heading towards Michigan - with some cleverly placed TV ads and a few choice campaign stops, I think Edwards can run a strong second in Michigan on Saturday. 20-25% is doable and on three days campaigning, is a great thing for him and for the party. I personally hope that the two camps (Kerry and Edwards) have to go two ballots to determine who wins the nomination - it would make them both stronger candidates - because their fight isn't negative, but one about ideas. This is the first primary battle in a long time where the two main candidates are doing a good job at making each other STRONGER for a general election.

Dean has already given Michigan up, now saying he will concentrate on Wisconsin and Washington. That's 9 states he's forsaken since NH last week.

send me your webpage with your campaign contribution link and off it goes!

I have decided, I am voting for Edwards this Saturday!

maybe looking at your sig has had an effect on me!

I hope my avatar has made people Cyclone fans then...

I don't think America's ready for Captain Cool (aka me).

Heads for President in 2004!

This is an honest question here. Why are the democratic canditates so stupid?

They are $140 million behind George Bush, they have a clear cut leader in John Kerry, and yet there are still 3 morons harboring the delusion that they are doing what is best for the country by adding to the handicap for the democrats when they get around to the general campaign. Every day that there is more than one democrat running, is one less day that they can be trying to beat Bush. They need to get together, and if they really want to win, check their egos at the door, and do this.

Am I the only who is thinking this way?

This is an honest question here.  Why are the democratic canditates so stupid?

They are $140 million behind George Bush, they have a clear cut leader in John Kerry, and yet there are still 3 morons harboring the delusion that they are doing what is best for the country by adding to the handicap for the democrats when they get around to the general campaign.  Every day that there is more than one democrat running, is one less day that they can be trying to beat Bush.  They need to get together, and if they really want to win, check their egos at the door, and do this.

you alone are thinking that way :lol:

as long as there is a race, the message is staying out there on the news, dominating the political discussion - once the Democratic race is over, it loses its lead off the news every night status - the best thing is if the remaining candidates run for a few more weeks or several months sharpening their attacks on Bush - this is the regular season sharpening those skills for the post season

and if one goes goofy and attacks the other Dems? Then that person paints himself into a corner and makes the remaining candidates and ultimate winner look good

as it is we have 3 or 4 guys out there taking on Bush rather than 1 and that is all good -

it is like in baseball - the closer the race, the more news focus- and to combat the $200 millions that Bush has raised the Dems need to continue to get their message out there by a close race and keep the free news focus on

just a few weeks ago we were told to unite behind Dean - look what happened - too early yet - although your tracking pools are saying the voters will unite behind the ultimate candidate - too early yet to close that process - Clark and Kerry made wonderful speeches last night and as the campaign goes on will only get better -

you alone are thinking that way  :lol:

as long as there is a race, the message is staying out there on the news, dominating the political discussion - once the Democratic race is over, it loses its lead off the news every night status - the best thing is if the remaining candidates run for a few more weeks or several months sharpening their attacks on Bush - this is the regular season sharpening those skills for the post season

and if one goes goofy and attacks the other Dems?  Then that person paints himself into a corner and makes the remaining candidates and ultimate winner look good

as it is we have 3 or 4 guys out there taking on Bush rather than 1 and that is all good -

it is like in baseball - the closer the race, the more news focus- and to combat the $200 millions that Bush has raised the Dems need to continue to get their message out there by a close race and keep the free news focus on

just a few weeks ago we were told to unite behind Dean - look what happened - too early yet - although your tracking pools are saying the voters will unite behind the ultimate candidate - too early yet to close that process - Clark and Kerry made wonderful speeches last night and as the campaign goes on will only get better -

My big point is that every vote, dollar, and delegate one of these has-beens raises is gone. Once these guys finally clear the field the won't be able to get back that dollar to fight George Bush. And with Bush having $140 million in cash on hand as of the end of 2003, that is going to be a huge deficit to make up. The guy is going to own the airwaves essentially. And every dollar that John Kerry has to spend to knock some brain cells into Dean, Edwards, and Clark, is gone. He can't use that for what they really are trying to do, and that is to take back the White House. It seems to me a waste of valuable resources this late in the game.

Ah well I guess it doesn't matter to me. It looks like I am going to vote for Bush again, because I can't see myself voting for John Kerry anyway. For the first time since I have been voting, I really don't want to vote for the republician canditiate, but I just don't believe in Kerry either.

Ah well I guess it doesn't matter to me.  It looks like I am going to vote for Bush again, because I can't see myself voting for John Kerry anyway.

There is no way on God's green earth I'd vote for that man. Too many people I've known have lost jobs during his regime and more are in danger of losing theirs. I was laid off, Brian was notified to be prepared for a layoff sometime this year (the company he works for is taking bids on their equipment), my mom's company isn't doing so well so she is preparing to lose her job, my brother and last boss lost their jobs and neither have been able to get a steady job again (some side work, but that's about it).

In the long run, I really don't think it matters who's in the oval office as they guys are out for themselves and their cronies. :(

Interesting points. Politics is money. But money flows to the guy who is in need. If my guy is cruising to an easy victory (theory is) he doesn't need my donation. If my guy is locked in a struggle I better send him some support ($$).

Then you have the front runner mentality. The guys who are 4/5/6 in this are toast when it comes to raising money unless they have a single agenda that is fueling it. For example, Sharpton's financial supporters may continue while his/their message has a wide platform.

2K4, karl rove's nightmare is that the Dem's race will keep going on and allow the Dems to dominate the news coverage. That cannot be purchased at any price.

But you would have the Dems unite behind Kerry who you will not vote for?

That logic escapes me.

There are no perfect candidates out there. Kerry is not my first choice but he is a good man with a good record who will do far more for the country than the destroyer of the economy we have in there now.

The current dude is a moral and political coward to present a budget with a half trillion deficit and not include any funding for the war in Iraq, etc. How could he not include that? That alone should make a thinking American vote for the other side because nothing is more dishonest and deceitful than having our service people in harms way in a war that he initiated and said was necessary and not include any funding for it because he wants to keep down the public size of his bigger by 100% deficit than we have ever had. Bush has no courage, no convictions, only dishonor and deception and the budget proposal proves it.

2K4, karl rove's nightmare is that the Dem's race will keep going on and allow the Dems to dominate the news coverage.  That cannot be purchased at any price.

But you would have the Dems unite behind Kerry who you will not vote for?

That logic escapes me.

There are no perfect candidates out there.  Kerry is not my first choice but he is a good man with a good record  who will do far more for the country than the destroyer of the economy we have in there now. 

The current dude is a moral and political coward to present a budget with a half trillion deficit and not include any funding for the war in Iraq, etc. How could he not include that?  That alone should make a thinking American vote for the other side because nothing is more dishonest and deceitful than having our service people in harms way in a war that he initiated and said was necessary and not include any funding for it because he wants to keep down the public size of his bigger by 100% deficit than we have ever had.  Bush has no courage, no convictions, only dishonor and deception and the budget proposal proves it.

The logic sounds bad because it is two separate thoughts.

#1 I won't vote for John Kerry

#2 For the good of the democratic party, the sooner they unite, the sooner and stronger they go after Bush.

As an basically an economist, I would argue the destruction of our economy was going to happen regardless who was President. Bill Clinton was an idiot for letting the bubble blow up as big as he did, and he only did so to protect his poll #'s. And I would even argue that Al Gores probable cure for the economy would have done WAAAAY more damage than Bush's did.

If you look into the raw economic numbers our whole recovery is based on military spending, and the preception that the whole economy is recovering. And because people are starting to believe the illusion, the self-fulfilling prophecy of recovery is happening. Most likely Gore would not have reduced taxes, which has been the single biggest precursor to recovery in corporate profits. It isn't a far leap to say if profits don't recover, the job markets are markedly worse than they are now. Now they are stable to recovering as a whole. Some areas are still scary, but many are underway with a real growth.

Plus as I argued before that deficit number while big, isn't the monster it has been made out to be, AND it would have been there regardless of who was in the White House right now.

BUT economics isn't the reason I wanted to vote against Bush...

They are $140 million behind George Bush, they have a clear cut leader in John Kerry, and yet there are still 3 morons harboring the delusion that they are doing what is best for the country by adding to the handicap for the democrats when they get around to the general campaign.  Every day that there is more than one democrat running, is one less day that they can be trying to beat Bush.  They need to get together, and if they really want to win, check their egos at the door, and do this.

Yes.

A month ago Howard Dean was the frontrunner and everyone said that he was garunteed to win. Guess what, things change. Why should a guy like edwards quit when he is in such an upward momentum swing.

Do you think that Sharpton thinks he will win. No he is staying in because he wants to get his issues on the table.

We democrats don't need to pick a candidate now becuase bush is damaging himself. Recent figures show his approval rating down below 50%. With Unemployment over 6% history says that he has not shot and gaining reelection. Only FDR has done it with over 6% unemployment.

John Edwards in 2004 is the best choice

Looking at the law of thirds. A third will vote for Bush no matter what. The straight ticket GOP, the conservative, the anti-who ever is on the Dem ticket, etc. Another third will vote for the Dem for the same reasons, including he isn't Bush. Winning the other 1/3 is the battle. Generally they are the middle of the road politically. Do not identify with either party and they may or may not vote.

That's were they start selling sizzle over substanance. Sound bites and negative ads. It's too bad because free elections are the backbone of our process.

Looking at the law of thirds. A third will vote for Bush no matter what. The straight ticket GOP, the conservative, the anti-who ever is on the Dem ticket, etc. Another third will vote for the Dem for the same reasons, including he isn't Bush. Winning the other 1/3 is the battle. Generally they are the middle of the road politically. Do not identify with either party and they may or may not vote.

usually I woudl agree with you Texsox but not this year and here is why: the polling numbers are telling us something very unusual is happening this year: 90% of the electorate is already decided.

So instead of fighting over the usual 20-33%, the battle will be over the 10%.

This nation is as polarized now as it ever was, perhaps more than ever, certainly one of the most ever periods.

There will be a lot of states in play as the margins were razor thin in 2000. And which side gets out and votes - as some of these primary results are showing record turnouts, that is something good for my side. People are motivated.

2k4 - not to argue but to learn: why will you not vote for Kerry? who do you not want to vote for Bush? (I disagree with you on the econ thing, the % of deficit is highest and adding to the total deficit is just putting us where the USSR was economically in 1988 - juist before bankruptcy hits - but no need for us to argue that ehre and now, we have uintil November for that, I am curious for the sake of learning why not Kerry and why not Bush but why Bush over Kerry)

I've seen some of those as well. I am going to assume that until the contest is crystalized, people will be in flux. For example if Kerry is sellected and picks (for example) Sharpton as his running mate, minds will change. If Bush makes a monumental blunder minds will change. I do not believe 90% of Americans will stay firm for 10 months.