24) Pittsburgh Pirates

25) Cleveland Indians

26) Texas Rangers

27) Colorado Rockies

28) Cincinnati Reds

29) Detroit Tigers

30) Milwaukee Brewers

bluejays blow they shouldnt be that high up on the rankings

Roy Halliday would be one of the top 5 startes in the league. They traded for Ted Lilly and signed for Miguel Batista. Carlos Delgado and Vernon Wells crush da ball, if they weren't in the AL East, I'd say they'd be playoff material.

1. Red Sox

2. Houston

3. Yankees

4. sCrUBS

5. Angels

6. Phillies

7. Mariners

8. A's

9. Giants

10. Orioles

11. Blue Jays

12. Cardinals

13. Marlins

14. Royals

15. White Sox

16. Braves

17. Diamondbacks

18. Twins

19. Dodgers

20. Rangers

21. Indians

22. Reds

23. Padres

24. Devil Rays

25. Mets

26. Rockies

27. Expos

28. Pirates

29. Tigers

30. Brewers

ALE--Boston

ALC--Chicago

ALW--Anaheim

WC--NYY

NLE--Philly

NLC--Houston

NLW--SanFran

WC--Chicago

WS--Boston over Houston

The rankings are based on potential 2004 records and have absolutely nothing to do with last year's records.

1. Boston Red Sox

2. Houston Astros

3. New York Yankees

4. Chicago Cubs

5. Anaheim Angels

6. Florida Marlins

7. Oakland Athletics

8. San Francisco Giants

9. Philadelphia Phillies

10. Seattle Mariners

11. Minnesota Twins

12. Toronto Blue Jays

13. Chicago White Sox

14. Baltimore Orioles

15. Arizona Diamondbacks

16. St. Louis Cardinals

17. Atlanta Braves

18. Kansas City Royals

19. San Diego Padres

20. Los Angeles Dodgers

21. Cleveland Indians

22. Montreal Expos

23. Texas Rangers

24. New York Mets

25. Colorodo Rockies

26. Pittsburgh Pirates

27. Cincinnatti Reds

28. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

29. Milwaukee Brewers

30. Detroit Tigers

ALDS

White Sox over Anaheim (3-1)

Oakland over Boston (3-2)

NLDS

Houston over Philly (3-1)

Chicago Cubs over San Francisco (3-2)

ALCS:

Oakland over White Sox (4-3)

NLCS: Houston of Chicago Cubs (4-2)

WS:

Houston over Oakland (4-3)

I know I might be dreaming having our Sox get to the ALCS, but hey you've gotta be optimistic in the beginning of the year!

CWSOX45

Here are my preseason power rankings for MLB this yr:

1) Houston Astros

2) Boston Red Sox

3) Philadelphia Phillies

4) New York Yankees

5) Anaheim Angels

6) Chicago Cubs

7) Oakland Athletics

8) Florida Marlins

9) Seattle Mariners

10) St. Louis Cardinals

11) Toronto Blue Jays

12) Atlanta Braves

13) Minnesota Twins

14) San Francisco Giants

15) Arizona Diamondbacks

16) Chicago White Sox

17) Kansas City Royals

18) Los Angeles Dodgers

19) Baltimore Orioles

20) San Diego Padres

21) Tampa Bay Devil Rays

22) Montreal Expos

23) New York Mets

24) Pittsburgh Pirates

25) Cleveland Indians

26) Texas Rangers

27) Colorado Rockies

28) Cincinnati Reds

29) Detroit Tigers

30) Milwaukee Brewers

your rankings look pretty solid..except id drop the sox to about 19 or 20...

POWER RANKINGS

1. Boston (Schilling and Foulke combined with what they already had? Jesus. 100+ wins.)

2. Houston (Carlos Hernandez is coming back? Pettite and Clemens? One of the top three bullpens in the league even without Wagner? That lineup? Yikes. 95 to 100 wins.)

3. NY Yankees (Vazquez and Brown can each win 20. 95 to 100 wins.)

4. Florida (Loss of Rodriguez and Lee doesn't take this team out of world series contention, especially with that pitching staff. 90 to 95 wins.)

5. Anaheim (Colon, Escobar, Vlad Guerrero, Jose Guillen, on top of all the talent that they already had? 90 to 95 wins.)

6. Chicago Cubs (90 to 95 wins)

7. Philadelphia (Wagner doesn't make them better than Florida. 90 wins.)

8. Seattle (Piniero going for 20 wins this year. 90 wins.)

9. Oakland (Best starters, one of the worst the worst overall offenses in the AL. I won't be surprised when they win 90, though.)

10. Arizona (Randy Johnson and Brandon Webb? A potential 15 game winner in Fossum? How about the additions of Richie Sexson and Roberto Alomar? A full season with Shea Hildebrand? 85 to 87 wins.)

11. St. Louis (Especially if they get Maddux. 85 wins to 87 wins.)

12. Chicago White Sox (No way in hell that Toronto can rank higher when we have two potential 20 game winners in Buehrle and Loaiza, a good bullpen, and still one of the great line-ups in the game with Thomas, Ordonez, Lee, Konerko, Crede, etc. 85 to 87 wins.)

13. Atlanta (They probably don't deserve to be ranked this high. They'll still manage to win 85, somehow.)

14. Kansas City (Line-up, bench, bullpen, and head coach are damn good. 83 to 85 wins.)

15. San Diego (Their lineup and bench are outstanding, their bullpen is good, and they have some young guys in the starting rotation who could make some noise this year. 80 to 83 wins.)

16. Toronto (All offense, no pitching. Wow, one guy in Halladay. Good for the middle of the pack. 80 to 83 wins, worse than last year's 86.)

17. San Francisco (What exactly do they have in that pitching staff? Why get rid of Nathan and Worrell? Dumbest team this offseason. They might be ranked too high. 80 to 83 wins.)

18. Baltimore (See Toronto, but less pitching. Senseless sleeper pick. Have your head examined if you think that this team is any good>>>MMMMMBEEERR. Why even bother putting together a list, man? 80 wins at the most.)

19. LA Dodgers (You can't lose your best starter and set-up man, and not do anything to address state of this offense (piss poor). Good for 80 wins, maybe.)

20. Minnesota (Lost all of their team leaders outside of Mientkiewicz. Runner up to San Francisco as dumbest team this offseason. 75 to 80 wins.)

21. Tampa Bay (Well, I'll be damned. Nobody with the exception of Detroit has improved themsleves more this offseason. 17 new dudes on the 25 man roster, including Jose Cruz Jr, Geoff Blum, Tino Martinez, Fernando Tatis, Robert Fick, Julio Lugo, Rey Sanchez, Deivi Cruz, Pitchers Damian Moss, Mike Williams, Danys Baez, Mark Hendrickson, John Halama, Paul Abbott, Mike Holtz, Todd Jones, and TODD RITCHIE!!! Don't laugh. Combine all of this with Carl Crawford, Rocco Baldelli, Aubrey Huff, Toby Hall, etc, and you have a team that might win 80 games.)

22. NY Mets (I seriously don't know. This team is too weird. Too injury prone. 75 to 77 wins.)

23. Cleveland (Too young. 74 to 76 wins.)

24. Detroit (Here it is. 43 wins goes up to 73 wins. 73 wins is garbage, but if we're talking about Detroit, perhaps the greatest single season turnaround in history of baseball)

25. Colorado (72 to 75 wins. They have some offense. Big deal.)

26. Texas (See Colorado. 72 wins.)

27. Montreal (70 wins, perhaps.)

28. Cincinatti (65 to 70 wins.)

29. Pittsburgh (They'll be lucky to win 60.)

30. Milwaukee (See Pittsburgh. 60 wins.)

So, the three worst teams in the league get to play the Astros and Cubs 19 times a piece. That alone puts the Cubs and Astros at the 95 win plateau.

Playoffs? After all four favorites got eliminated in the first round a couple years back, I won't even bother. Give us a 7 game series in the first round like basketball did for the first time last year, and them I'll come up with something.

1. Boston Red Sox

2. Philadelphia Phillies

3. Houston Astros

4. Anaheim Angels

5. New York Yankees

6. Oakland A's

7. Florida Marlins

8. Chicago Cubs

9. Atlanta Braves

10. Seattle Mariners

11. San Fransisco Giants

12. Toronto Blue Jays

13. Baltimore Orioles

14. Colorado Rockies

15. Chicago White Sox

16. Kansas City Royals

17. San Diego Padres

18. Minnesota Twins

19. New York Mets

20. St. Louis Cardinals

21. Montreal Expos

22. Los Angeles Dodgers

23. Texas Rangers

24. Cleveland Indians

25. Arizona D'Backs

26. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

27. Milwaukee Brewers

28. Pittsburgh Pirates

29. Cincinnati Reds

30. Detroit Tigers

1. Boston Red Sox

2. Philadelphia Phillies

3. Houston Astros

4. Anaheim Angels

5. New York Yankees

6. Oakland A's

7. Florida Marlins

8. Chicago Cubs

9. Atlanta Braves

10. Seattle Mariners

11. San Fransisco Giants

12. Toronto Blue Jays

13. Baltimore Orioles

14. Colorado Rockies

15. Chicago White Sox

16. Kansas City Royals

17. San Diego Padres

18. Minnesota Twins

19. New York Mets

20. St. Louis Cardinals

21. Montreal Expos

22. Los Angeles Dodgers

23. Texas Rangers

24. Cleveland Indians

25. Arizona D'Backs

26. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

27. Milwaukee Brewers

28. Pittsburgh Pirates

29. Cincinnati Reds

30. Detroit Tigers

Diamondbacks at 25th overall. Orioles at 12th overall.

It might be time to actually start paying attention to baseball, yeah? Jesus Christ. Name me the Orioles starters outside of Ponson. You would think that after observing the Rangers over the past few years, people would learn. But no.

Way too many people are overrating the Orioles.

Ponson is their only pitcher who can win 15 games and he'll be lucky to do it again.

They'll finish 4th in that division and if the D-rays play well, there could be a race for last IMO.

are you kidding me the blue jays are a big time sleeper. they will do better then most people expect and will probably contend for a wild card birth if not the al east

I agree, they have a nice team and with Halladay, Vernon Wells and Delgado they are going to be a solid, 85 to 90 win team IMO.

Way too many people are overrating the Orioles.

Ponson is their only pitcher who can win 15 games and he'll be lucky to do it again.

They'll finish 4th in that division and if the D-rays play well, there could be a race for last IMO.

agreed the orioles are way to overrated. miguel tejada is way to overpaid and they have one quality pitcher who will win 13-15 games if hes lucky. Also Javy Lopez and Miguel Tejada are the only two guys how pose as offensive threats. good luck comepting w/ the d-rays for last place

Diamondbacks at 25th overall.  Orioles at 12th overall.

It might be time to actually start paying attention to baseball, yeah?  Jesus Christ.  Name me the Orioles starters outside of Ponson.  You would think that after observing the Rangers over the past few years, people would learn.  But no.

Dude, it's just a list calm down.

Diamondbacks at 25th overall.  Orioles at 12th overall.

It might be time to actually start paying attention to baseball, yeah?  Jesus Christ.  Name me the Orioles starters outside of Ponson.  You would think that after observing the Rangers over the past few years, people would learn.  But no.

Here's Baltimores rotation as of right now:

Ponson

Lopez (so he had a s***ty year last year, check out his numbers from two years ago. The kid isn't bad.)

Ainsworth (A highly touted prospect with the Giants, he'll do well for them.)

Matt Riley (A kid that hasn't seen a lot of time in the big leagues, was brought up for one start last year. Pitched 5.0 Innings allowing only three hits.)

Eric DuBose (another youngster that played 17 games and only started 10. in 73 innings he only allowed 31 earned runs, striking out 44 and only walking 25. Finished with a record of 3-6 with one complete game and an e.r.a. of 3.79)

As you can see their rotation isn't as bad as you make it sound. Who in the hell thought Kansas City would do so well last year looking at their rotation in spring training? Anything can happen. Also just to let you know last time I checked this was a personal power ranking. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to put someone on the spot and criticize them is inappropriate (mmbeer comment). I think we'd all appreciate it if you grew up a little.

Now I'll just say I agree with most of your rankings, but I disagree about the:

Bluejays: The Jays added Miguel Basista, who in my opinion would have made our rotation the best in the central. Basista has always put up solid numbers with Zona. The Jays also acquired Ted Lilly, who has always pitched pretty well in the Major Leagues, not to mention the journey man Pat Hentgen which gives them more experience and the once highly touted Orioles prospect Josh Towers.

The Jays also added depth to their pen by signing Terry Adams, Kerry Ligtenberg, Valerio De Los Santos, and closer Justin Spier.

The Giants: How are they the dumbest team this off-season? They acquired possibly the best catcher in the American League in A.J. Pierzynski, they still have a good 1, 2, 3 rotation with Schmidt, Reuter, and the young stud Jerome Williams.

The Giants pen is also still strong, they won't feel the loss of Nathan unless Nenn gets injured again. If that does happen they still have Rodriguez to fill in the closer spot and still have Zerbe and others that can contribute.

Minnesota: In my opinion Minnesota is still the team to beat in this division. The only two key guys that they lost were Pierzynski and Milton. They also acquired a great pitching prospect in Boof Bonsor from the Giants, and re-established their bullpen by dealing Milton to the Phillies.

CWSOX45

The Jays also added depth to their pen by signing Terry Adams, Kerry Ligtenberg, Valerio De Los Santos, and closer Justin Spier.

Minnesota: In my opinion Minnesota is still the team to beat in this division. The only two key guys that they lost were Pierzynski and Milton. They also acquired a great pitching prospect in Boof Bonsor from the Giants, and re-established their bullpen by dealing Milton to the Phillies.

I totally agree with you on the blue jays and everyone is underestimating them. Ted Lilly is a solid pitcher that brings a lot of help to the Jays staff.

As for the Twins, i think there bullpen took a major blow with the loss of LaTroy Hawkins to those f***ers up north.

Nice list mine is better though :P

1. Chicago White Sox

30.Chicago Cubs

:fthecubs

Hya Reedman! Very Generous on your part!! So far, 2 people agreed with your list. Only one reason that I can't! You still have The Scrubbies TOO HIGH!! How low do they need to go??? My answer to that is..."Anybody out there got a Friggin' Shovel???[/color][/size]

Here's Baltimores rotation as of right now:

Ponson

Lopez (so he had a s***ty year last year, check out his numbers from two years ago. The kid isn't bad.)

Ainsworth (A highly touted prospect with the Giants, he'll do well for them.)

Matt Riley (A kid that hasn't seen a lot of time in the big leagues, was brought up for one start last year. Pitched 5.0 Innings allowing only three hits.)

Eric DuBose (another youngster that played 17 games and only started 10.  in 73 innings he only allowed 31 earned runs, striking out 44 and only walking 25.  Finished with a record of 3-6 with one complete game and an e.r.a. of 3.79)

As you can see their rotation isn't as bad as you make it sound.

That rotation is garbage. Possibly the worst in the majors outside of Tampa Bay, Cincinatti, and Detroit. Seriously, you can't dispute that.

Who in the hell thought Kansas City would do so well last year looking at their rotation in spring training? Anything can happen.

Yeah, okay. Kansas City did jack s*** last year down the stretch. They beat up on teams within their own division early on. They got annihilated by the AL West and 3/5 of the AL East. I like what they've done in the offseason, but seriously, they were average last year. Did I expect them to be horrendous? Yes. In that regard, I guess that your theory holds up. Anything can happen.

Also just to let you know last time I checked this was a personal power ranking. It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to put someone on the spot and criticize them is inappropriate (mmbeer comment). I think we'd all appreciate it if you grew up a little.

Are you a female

Now I'll just say I agree with most of your rankings, but I disagree about the:

Bluejays: The Jays added Miguel Basista, who in my opinion would have made our rotation the best in the central. Basista has always put up solid numbers with Zona. The Jays also acquired Ted Lilly, who has always pitched pretty well in the Major Leagues, not to mention the journey man Pat Hentgen which gives them more experience and the once highly touted Orioles prospect Josh Towers.

Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

The Giants: How are they the dumbest team this off-season? They acquired possibly the best catcher in the American League in A.J. Pierzynski, they still have a good 1, 2, 3 rotation with Schmidt, Reuter, and the young stud Jerome Williams.

The Giants pen is also still strong, they won't feel the loss of Nathan unless Nenn gets injured again. If that does happen they still have Rodriguez to fill in the closer spot and still have Zerbe and others that can contribute.

The Giants lost Tim Worrell as well, and I'm just going to assume that, because of injuries, Nen won't be anywhere near as effective as he was a couple years ago. I'd say that they're f***ed. No more Rich Aurilla. A bunch of older guys like Ray Durham, Marquis Grissom, Michael Tucker, etc. Edgardo Alfonzo? Don't even get me started on that guy. That 3/5 of their rotation is all they have to cling to. Felix Rodriguez is inconsistent. A good set up man, but not a closer.

You forgot a few people. Look into it.

Boof Bonser? Hahahahhahahhahaa