U.S. Cellular Renovations

HuskyCaucasian

Today when I went to the Auto Show, we had to park at U.S. Cellular and too a shuttle to McCormick place. But, it gave me a great chance to check to the changes. And let me tell you, it gets 2 thumbs up from me. I was really impressed. It looks like it is going to turn out very nice. This was a picture I took from the parking lot….

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today when I went to the Auto Show, we had to park at U.S. Cellular and too a shuttle to McCormick place. But, it gave me a great chance to check to the changes. And let me tell you, it gets 2 thumbs up from me. I was really impressed. It looks like it is going to turn out very nice. This was a picture I took from the parking lot….

I'm defenitely looking forward to seeing the place this season. You bst believe I'll be there a lot in May/June when I'm home again.

Cant wait!!!

Damn the cell looks nice. I'd rate our field into one of the top ten in baseball easily.

I dont know if I can do that. I think there are a ton of parks that are better at least from a viewers prospective. I have only been to one ballpark outside of CHicago and that was Coors Field in Colorado. I would rate that one higher than U.S. Cellular. It is GORGEOUS. My top 10 would be (in no particulat order): Ballpark in Arlington, Camden Yards, Jacobs Field, Coors Field, SBC Park(San Francisco, CA), PNC Park, Minute Maid Park, Kauffman Stadium... well, you know what... now that I think about it, U.S. Cellualr is in the top 10. All these field that I listed have a combination of great facility and overall ballpark looks. The ones I havent listed lack one of BOTH. So, yea. U.S. Cellular would be in the top 10.

I dont know if I can do that. I think there are a ton of parks that are better at least from a viewers prospective. I have only been to one ballpark outside of CHicago and that was Coors Field in Colorado. I would rate that one higher than U.S. Cellular. It is GORGEOUS. My top 10 would be (in no particulat order): Ballpark in Arlington, Camden Yards, Jacobs Field, Coors Field, SBC Park(San Francisco, CA), PNC Park, Minute Maid Park, Kauffman Stadium... well, you know what... now that I think about it, U.S. Cellualr is in the top 10. All these field that I listed have a combination of great facility and overall ballpark looks. The ones I havent listed lack one of BOTH. So, yea. U.S. Cellular would be in the top 10.

I have been to the Ballpark in Arlington, Minute Maid, and the Jake, and I would say overall the lower deck at Comiskey is better than all 3 of them. Minute Maid was probably my favorite overall, but if the renovations of the UD are good, Comiskey could well be better than Minute Maid overall as well.

Damn the cell looks nice. I'd rate our field into one of the top ten in baseball easily.

I'd agree. I've been to the Cell(obviously), Fenway, Wrigley, SkyDome, Miller, the Jake, Busch and SBC(I still want to call it PacBell). SBC is the only park I've been to that I'd rather see a game in than the Cell. I'm sure there is some bias on my part, but the Cell is a great place, especially when full. Fenway was a cool place to be at, but I was down the 3B line and the sight line wasn't that great... and the inside of the stadium is falling apart worse than Wrigley. SBC puts everything together. I've been to 3 games there and sat in 3 different areas, every seat was a great view.

People seem to be forgeting Comerica. That is a very nice ballpark. Every seat faces the field, they have statues of Tiger greats on the concourse, and a great resteraunt down the left field line for rain delays, because there was a 2 hour rain delay when I was there. I still like the Cell better for biased reasons.

Opening day can't get here soon enough!

They've finally upgraded my upper deck, but now I fear more people will sit next to me. There goes the fantasy of thinking the Sox were playing just for me...

:D

oh f*** you just ruined the season for me

:angry:

:lol:

The only park i've ever been to has been the cell.  This summer me and my friends are starting to plan a little baseball road trip.  Detroit, cleveland, cincy, milwaukee.

I have been to 16 MLB stadiums, I think... Lots of good ones and many boring ones...

Just a suggestion for a mid-summer trip....

Book hotel rooms dirt cheap through Priceline and book flights through Southwest when they have one way sales. If you route it right, you can hit 3 or 4 cities in as many days and do it cheaply on Southwest.

I had three buddies ready to take a trip several years ago that would have put us in Detroit on Friday night, St. Louis on Saturday night and KC on Sunday afternoon and then back into Indianapolis Sunday night. Trip got cancelled because we couldn't get tickets in Detroit, of all places. This was around 1990 or so.

Yeah...I absolutely love the Cell. I really don't understand all the negative things I hear about it. I've been there and Wrigley. I went to Wrigley during a Chisox-sCrUB game, and I was all decked out in the Chisox attire. :D ......I just want to see all these other parks that if "everyone" thinks the Cell isn't that great of a park.

I did a road trip once just after HS... me and two other guys... One smelly Mini-van... We didn't stay in a single hotel... we camped. Super cheap like $5-10 a night for all of us. (all your really paying for is a spot of grass, and a shower)...

So we had planned about 2 weeks and got the schedules all coordinated to go to 8 games. (Cinci, Cleveland, Detroit, Philly, NY, Boston, Atlanta, Miami.) Pittsburgh and the Mets were on a road trips so we couldn't hit those.

After getting lost countless times, an eventful week of weather, we had made it to Cleveland, Cinci, Philly, NY, Boston(no game.. Rained out), and Atlanta... By the time we got that far, we were all tired and running out of funds, so we skipped, Miami and Detroit, which was actually the last place we were going to go.

Best vacation ever though... I'd do it again in a heartbeat... I still wish I had seen a game at the old tiger stadium though, and I've never seen a game at fenway either.

Best vacation ever though... I'd do it again in a heartbeat... I still wish I had seen a game at the old tiger stadium though, and I've never seen a game at fenway either.

I was fortunate enough to see two games at Tiger Stadium. Those happened to be the final two there. Being at the last game ever at Tiger Stadium was one hell of an experience and a memory I'll never forget.

I'll add Don Mattingly Day in Yankee Stadium as 1a on the list of most memorable games.

Add the All-Star Game in Atlanta and a game in Camden Yards 5 days after Ripken broke Gehrig's record to the list. I guess #5 would be seeing Nolan Ryan's 3rd or 4th to last start in Camden Yards in 1993.

Guess I just got way off topic here, didn't I?