U.S. Cellular Renovations

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I absolutely love the Cell.  I really don't understand all the negative things I hear about it.  I've been there and Wrigley.  I went to Wrigley during a Chisox-sCrUB game, and I was all decked out in the Chisox attire. :D ......I just want to see all these other parks that if "everyone" thinks the Cell isn't that great of a park.

I guess the negativity is always about the upper deck. Most long time Sox fans were spoiled by The Old Comiskey, and were hoping that The new park would be rather close in structure and proximity like the old one. The upper deck there was not as steep or nearly as far away fron the action. When it stretched out across/above the lower deck, you can still yell your brains out a "FEEL" being a part of the game. Also, the upper deck "surrounded" the park, and when there was excitement, it was "DEAFENING" with the crowds yells bouncing off the walls. The homerun fireworks explosions shook the heck out of your chest. I think that not only the steepness and height, but fans are still pretty unforgiving in some sense for the nostalgia that was lost, and not put into the new park.I'm all for modernization, but when it comes to the park, THR REAL ROOTS of Old Comiskey should have been in the plans. And heck.... who can forget looking forward to a Rooftop Shot? ?

Looks nice...But damn it anyway...The upper deck will have fewer people in it this year then it did last year. With the wonderful (Not) offseason people will be hyped to head to the cell this summer (Especially early summer). My guess is attendance will drop by 500K at least this summer...

500K at say $15 per ticket is what 7.5Million...Hmm could have used that towards a player couldnt we. Think is they could have upped payroll 15-20 million (From the US Cellular Fees) and attendance would have jumped 500K rather then dropped 500K. With ticket sales, concessions, and parking would easily have still paid for the renovations, made fans happier, made sponsors happier (US Cellular among others) and had a much better chance at making playoffs for even more funds.

Boneheads

By the way I have never had a problem with the Cell...Lower deck is fabulous...First 10 rows of upper deck has clear view of entire field. More then I can say about the dump on the Northside (And I grew up on the northside in the 70's and 80's and hated that place every since I was a kid..Too many times sitting behind polls I guess).

i was also fortunate to see a game at Tiger Stadium. I've also been too Comerica (Detroits new stadium), Atlanta, Sky Dome, Montreal, Millwaukee, The Astro Dome, Philadelphia and i saw 3Comm park when i was in san francisco before SBC was built. Of all those i would have to say Comerica is the best.

I Love thinking about this: The list of ballparks I have been to ;Old Comiskey, New comiskey, wrigley, old county stadium, miller park, old tiger stadium,comerica park,sky dome, jacobs field, great american ballpark, pnc park, veterans stadium,shea stadium, yankee stadium, fenway park, metro dome, kauffman stadium. busch stadium, turner field , tropicana field, pro player stadium, coors field, camden yards, jack murphy stadium, bank one ballpark, anaheim stadium and dodger stadium. This year will be the two texas stadiums, oakland, and sbc park. The ones that stick out are old comiskey for sure, old tiger stadium, fenway, camden yards, coors, and pnc park!

UH OH UM I HATE TO TELL U THIS BUT......OK THE CELL'S NEW ROOF HAS POLES. SORRY

The difference is, only about 300 or so seats will be affected by USCF's poles, and no one's view of such minor things as FLY BALLS or THE SCOREBOARD will be greatly affected.

Wrigley is beloved because it's an old ballpark.

If anyone built Chewing Gum Park today, they'd be run out of town.

It's cramped, MANY seats have below-average sightlines and the amenities are few and the ones they do have are subpar.

USCF beats the tar out of CGP as far as actually WATCHING and ENJOYING a baseball game. Hands down, simple as that.

Looks nice...But damn it anyway...The upper deck will have fewer people in it this year then it did last year. With the wonderful (Not) offseason people will be hyped to head to the cell this summer (Especially early summer). My guess is attendance will drop by 500K at least this summer...

500K at say $15 per ticket is what 7.5Million...Hmm could have used that towards a player couldnt we. Think is they could have upped payroll 15-20 million  (From the US Cellular Fees) and attendance would have jumped 500K rather then dropped 500K. With ticket sales, concessions, and parking would easily have still paid for the renovations, made fans happier, made sponsors happier (US Cellular among others) and had a much better chance at making playoffs for even more funds.

Boneheads

By the way I have never had a problem with the Cell...Lower deck is fabulous...First 10 rows of upper deck has clear view of entire field. More then I can say about the dump on the Northside (And I grew up on the northside in the 70's and 80's and hated that place every since I was a kid..Too many times sitting behind polls I guess).

Touche...

The difference is, only about 300 or so seats will be affected by USCF's poles

Not only that, but the only time anyone will be stuck sitting behind one of these poles is what, during the Cubs series in June? I can only hope that other series will be sold out, but thats to say we are doing good. Im kinda upset we are playing the Yankees so early at home, because it will be pretty damn cold in April and that is one of the most popular series we play.

Not only that, but the only time anyone will be stuck sitting behind one of these poles is what, during the Cubs series in June?  I can only hope that other series will be sold out, but thats to say we are doing good.  Im kinda upset we are playing the Yankees so early at home, because it will be pretty damn cold in April and that is one of the most popular series we play.

Considering the White Sox hosted the Yankees the last home series of the season last season, I thought the schedule makers would give them a break and make it during the summer, or at least a weekend.

500K at say $15 per ticket is what 7.5Million...Hmm could have used that towards a player couldnt we. Think is they could have upped payroll 15-20 million  (From the US Cellular Fees) and attendance would have jumped 500K rather then dropped 500K.

For the 8900th time, the Sox cannot use the US Cellular money on players.

I  Love thinking about this: The list of ballparks I have been to ;Old Comiskey, New comiskey, wrigley, old county stadium, miller park, old tiger stadium,comerica park,sky dome, jacobs field, great american ballpark, pnc park, veterans stadium,shea stadium, yankee stadium, fenway park, metro dome, kauffman stadium. busch stadium, turner field , tropicana field, pro player stadium, coors field, camden yards, jack murphy stadium, bank one ballpark, anaheim stadium and dodger stadium. This year will be the two texas stadiums, oakland, and sbc park.  The ones that stick out are old comiskey for sure, old tiger stadium, fenway, camden yards, coors, and pnc park!

You are my hero. You got to get to Safeco some time, it is very nice.

My guess is attendance will drop by 500K at least this summer...

Your guess will be wrong. Totally unsubstanciated.

500K at say $15 per

Average ticket price is over 20 dollars per.

I feel like I am fogetting something.

Ah, yes.........THE MONEY IS FOR RENOVATIONS ONLY

Wrigley is beloved because it's an old ballpark.

If anyone built Chewing Gum Park today, they'd be run out of town.

It's cramped, MANY seats have below-average sightlines and the amenities are few and the ones they do have are subpar.

Not to mention the vulgar obnoxious fans, the hideous traffic, and the outdated bathroom facilities. There's nothing more enjoyable than taking a leak while you stand in puddles of other people's piss.

:headshake

Some people go to a baseball game to have a nice family outing, some go to hang out with friends, some go out to drink and act like asswads (not mentioning any fans by name - *cough* Cubs fans) - and some go out to thoroughly enjoy the experience of a baseball game in their favorite team's ballpark.

I always have a nice experience at Sox Park. I enjoy the atmosphere, the field, the fans (who I can relate to), the food, and the experience. If the Sox win, then it's even better. I look forward to Spring.

As I type this, I look outside and see snow, ice, and a cold wind blowing. :crying

Not to mention the vulgar obnoxious fans, the hideous traffic, and the outdated bathroom facilities.  There's nothing more enjoyable than taking a leak while you stand in puddles of other people's piss. 

:headshake

But Past, you could have been standing in history. That urine was probably on the floor since the 1900's. It's an honor to stand in it. :lol: