Baseball Season

SoxAce

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah, but at least we know he is on the wrestling team.

Admin note... I am going to kill the link to the wrestling site.  I don't know if Steve wants his full name out there

Truth be told, I wrestle for Michigan State. I had the MSU wrestling website up as my sig some months ago. I don't care if people know my name, as there is only one Steve on the wrestling team, especially only two kids from Illinois. It doesn't bother me. Thanks for caring though.

Probably not, but just to be sure, I'll take that chance.  If Steve wants me to change it I will.

I doubt most people want their personal info out there, even at a relatively safe site like this one.

I don't care, it's no big deal either way. Sorry for the problems.

• 3 weeks later...
You were doing your job, and a very good one at that. It is awesome that you guys watch out for stuff like that on here. Some people truely would not like their names out on this site, and it was good you played it safe.

My name is not Danny Ryan :lol:

My tryouts have been going on for the last week, and i think they're making cuts tomorrow or Tuesday :unsure: We have a new hitting style, something that hitting guru Mike Epstein (played for the Senators when Ted Williams managed) came up with, it's called torque hitting, which most major leaguers use, and its much different and allows for more power than linear hitting.

I've always kind of hit with an uppercut swing, and well, I might add. I thought that "chopping wood" was the f***ing stupidest idea to take to the plate. Now after Epstein gave his seminar, the coaches relize that, too.

I have good news!!! There was only abut 2 or 3 positions open on my baseball team. My school's record was very good last year (18-7 but lost in the 2nd round in the playoffs.) 2nd base, right field, and cather were the ones that were up for grabs. My coaches and teammates were impressed with my play (esp. comming back from osgoodsloderious (sp?) [a fracture in both the bottom of my knee caps a couple years ago.]) My teammates believe I should be the starting 2nd baseman. I believe cuts are next week. I know I beat out bout 4 or 5 others trying out. I think my friend will make it too, but on the bench. We'll see. I'll keep reporting. My fielding was good, but my batting was ok, cause they really didn't give me anything to hit (all high pitches.) We swung with wood that day as well, not aluminum. (my friend did really well with it hit 2 monster long ones.) I'm hoping I don't get cut, but from what I heard, I might be on this team. It's weird too, cause the OF is really my strongpoint. But I can handle 2nd. Hopefully, I'll be that starting 2nd baseman and help carry my team to the promise land!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

I made the team!!!! :headbang :D They are still evaluating what freshmen will make JV or Varsity, so I need to impress this week and hopefully make JV. That is unlikely though. 35 freshmen tried out and they only kept 15, so there were a lot of shattered dreams, a lot of my friends included.

I had a very good day at batting. I was the leadoff hitter. They call me Alfanso Soriano on this team (I dunno why cause I'm most compared to Luis Castillo) I hit the farthest ball out there, and it was live pitching. It was a leadoff triple. I also stole two straight bases the next at-bat cause of a leadoff walk. My teammates say I'm probably going to be the starting 2nd baseman which excites me cause I'm a natural born OF.

BTW, congrats to you White Sox in '04.

I was injured and was on rehab. (osgoodsloderus (sp?) which is a fracture I had in both my knees [upper part] but affected my left knee the worst) It's still not the same, but I'm back :headbang  :

dude i know what u mean. that stuff sucks i have it in both my knee's only hurts in my left. it screws me over in wrestling and track every year

dude i know what u mean. that stuff sucks i have it in both my knee's only hurts in my left. it screws me over in wrestling and track every year

I'm glad I actually know someone has had it too. My own mother had it as well. She was very athletic back then. It really sucks because I can still feel the pain if I run for a long time.