Maddux to Sign with the Yankees!

fattyguy78

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the Yankees, I just went over to check out their board and they really don't seem excited about the last couple days events. And they were having a discussion about bringing in Jose Vidro to play 2nd base. All I have to say is that if the Yankees were to acquire Vidro I would almost be in support of a lockout if it meant getting a salary cap.

Speaking of the Yankees, I just went over to check out their board and they really don't seem excited about the last couple days events.  And they were having a discussion about bringing in Jose Vidro to play 2nd base.  All I have to say is that if the Yankees were to acquire Vidro I would almost be in support of a lockout if it meant getting a salary cap.

lets go to the scrub boards and start a vidro rumor...they are already suicidal..this would push them over the edge :lol:

I hope the Yankees turn out to be like the Lakers this year, assuming they don't do anything in the NBA Playoffs. Hopefully a few guys get injured, controversy in the clubhouse(preferebly between A-Rod and Jeter or even Giambi), maybe run-in with the law, struggle to stay atop their division.

lets go to the scrub boards and start a vidro rumor...they are already suicidal..this would push them over the edge  :lol:

Not a bad idea. But the whole thing is it wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear in a couple days that the Yankees are about to acquire Vidro. Nearly any rumor I hear regarding the Yankees I regard as an actual possibility.

I think some type of soft salary cap is going to be the outcome of these moves, which is one thing that would make me happy, even if it means I have to go half a season or even a season without baseball.

Guys, I wouldn't be shocked if Vidro was moved to the Yanks...I got a feeling the Yanks aren't done, they will find a second baseman.

If you want me to throw out a name, my guess is Ray Durham is a Yankee by the start of the season.

I think some type of soft salary cap is going to be the outcome of these moves, which is one thing that would make me happy, even if it means I have to go half a season or even a season without baseball.

Guys, I wouldn't be shocked if Vidro was moved to the Yanks...I got a feeling the Yanks aren't done, they will find a second baseman.

If you want me to throw out a name, my guess is Ray Durham is a Yankee by the start of the season.

Like I said in my last post, anything is possible when it comes to the Yankees acquiring players. And I agree that they will have a big time second baseman by the start of the season.

Ya, I threw that possibily (Durham) out there a couple of days ago in another thread. That just seemed to make sense when I thought of it.

Maddux to the Yanks, according to ESPN News.

Wow... this make the Cubs Fans mad.

Now its on the front page at ESPN.com

LMFAO!!!!!! Now flub fans can b**** about Steinbrenners money.

This is priceless!!!!

Seriously though, After the Flubbs just let him go like they did I can see why he didnt want to come back to them.

I hate the Yankees as much as anyone else, other than the Cubs that I hate more. I hate to see them get all these players, but George just wants to win at any cost. (sigh: I wish he was our owner). I don't blame him, I blame the other owners, that give him these players, Soriano and a player to be named later for the best player in baseball, give me a break. Who did he give for Kevin Brown, or Javier Vasquez, I'm sure some decent players, but no one to raise eyebrows at. Let Maddux go to the Yankees, let him go to Japan, anywhere but the f--king Cubs. :fthecubs

I hope the Yankes go 162-0 just to see the look on segligs face that something needs to be done.

That is the camp I am falling into. I hope the Yankee arrogance single handedly brings about the salary structure reform that we need as people stay awat from the ballpark in droves as they realize that Yankees are making this game unaffordable to the average fan.

Two things....

1.) Do you think this Maddux deal was an under-the-table part of the ARod deal?

2.) Even if the Yankees do fall flat on their faces this season they still have a couple more seasons with this lineup. I mean everyone they've signed, with the possible exception of Lofton and Gordon, signed a multi-year deal. I mean they're setting up like a 3 year run here.

i cant be mad at the yanks...steinbrenner is just playin by the rules...wish he owned the chisox

:cheers

Everyone here has said they wish JR would open the purse strings. He isn't cheating. Am I counting correctly they will have 8 current All-Stars on their team?