Maddux to Return To Cubs

SoxAce

Does it really matter that the sCrUBS got Maddux?

Dusty will figure out a way to f**k it up for them again, and/or they will choke again!

Funny how yesterday, cub f**s (i mean fans, oops!) were crying that the Yankees are trying to buy a World Series, but aren't singing the same tune when their cubbies are doing the same thing!

Hmmmm!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody figure out (by looking at the Cubs schedule) if its possible that Maddux gets win # 300 against the Sox?  Not a big concern, but I would  :puke if he pitched against us needing the win.

Well the 4th of July series would be start 14 or 15 for him if he pitches in it so it's possible, that would pretty much shut things up around here if he beat us to sweep that series with his 300th win and a record of 11-2.

Well the 4th of July series would be start 14 or 15 for him if he pitches in it so it's possible, that would pretty much shut things up around here if he beat us to sweep that series with his 300th win and a record of 11-2.

:o God I would.. :puke and :headshake and do alittle :fyou to the cubs.

LOL......    you would be ecstatic if he were sigining with the White Sox tomorrow.

I would piss my pants with joy had Maddux signed with us.

Is it just me, or is it looking like a Cubs-Yankees World Series could take place, therefore becoming the worst World Series ever(from a White Sox fan's standpoint)?

Now more then ever I hope we win 95 games, get a horse for the pennant run, and just completely destroy anything that gets in our path.

White Sox Fans: Here is little "food for thought" on the signing of Maddux and the Cubs in general.

First: Maddux coming to the Cubs is not going to make them World Series Champs. In fact, it is not even going to get them to the World Series, and this is why. Maddux last year went 15-11 with a 3 point something ERA. In my eyes that is not the Maddux of old by any means. The reason why is because, last year Maddux pitched in Atlanta, in a pitchers ballpark. He is now coming to Chicago, and pitching in a hitters ballpark. The way I see it, he is not going to win anymore games then 15 next year.

Second: The "Toothpick Eater" had his pitching staff threw so many pitches/innings last year that I could see that coming back and hurting "their young guns" in the long run. Two examples are Wood and Zambrano; In this up comming season, I could see Wood's shoulder problems once again come back and put him on the DL for awhile. With Zambrano, I started to notice his "wear and tear" in the playoffs, mainly against the Marlins. Zambrano also looks like a guy who does not work out that much in the offseason, instead he probably sitts on his ass and yells/prays to the man whom he believes in all winter long! To finish this paragraph off, Clement is just garbage!

Third: Borowski is not going to be the dominate closer he was last year (That was a once in a lifetime experience, get over it!!!)

Fourthly: Alou is on the merge of another injury-ridden season. There is just no way Alou will stay healthy like he did last year. As for Sosa, now that there has been a step-up in the battle on steriods, he will enter the season with arms finally smaller then his ego. And if he doesnt, then he should get tested right away, in order to prove to everyony he is 100% natural!!!

Finally: To end on this note, I cannot stand the "Cubune" anymore. It seems that no matter what the Sox do, the only print on them is about a paragraph or two long (unless it is talking about how bad the Sox are going to be). As for the Cubs, they could sign anyone, and there would be about four pages worth of print. I dont know, I am just sick of it!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i hate it how when the sox sign a free agent they get a paragraph of space in the sports section if there lucky, then when the cubs sign a new guy they have half the sports section focused on it.

Well, I know Benard, Politte, and Shingo deserved front page attention, we are just no loved. ;)

No sweat Tex.. we're not going to miss Colon at all this year.. ;)

I don't know which I will miss more, his solid pitching down the stretch or ncorgbl's Tub-O-Goo threads ;)

Damn, Picture the Geico commercial. Last season my expectations were

here ____________________

this season they are

here :huh:

I don't know which I will miss more, his solid pitching down the stretch or ncorgbl's Tub-O-Goo threads ;)

Damn, Picture the Geico commercial. Last season my expectations were

here ____________________

this season they are

here  :huh:

Damn, How you represent it, I like our chances.. :)

i hate the cubs why do they have to become so good i hate to admit this but they have the best pitching staff (tied with houston) in the national league

Hopefully, what will make Houston even better ithan expected is Clemens and Pettite. Mainly for 2 reasons. 1) They have only pitched inn the A.L. all their careers. NL batters are not as much familiar with tyhem as AL ones. 2) Since this is their first shot in the NL, wouldn't it mean more outs for them throwing against pitchers for once. Think of it! Estimated 3-4 times of pitchers at the plate, multiplied by 162 games. That's a heck of a lot more better chances for more outs!!! Not only that, but both of them have NEW LIFE being away from a pressurized Steinbrenner. Look for those 2 to have real good years.

White Sox Fans:  Here is little "food for thought" on the signing of Maddux and the Cubs in general.

First:  Maddux coming to the Cubs is not going to make them World Series Champs.  In fact, it is not even going to get them to the World Series, and this is why.  Maddux last year went 15-11 with a 3 point something ERA.  In my eyes that is not the Maddux of old by any means.  The reason why is because, last year Maddux pitched in Atlanta, in a pitchers ballpark.  He is now coming to Chicago, and pitching in a hitters ballpark.  The way I see it, he is not going to win anymore games then 15 next year.

Second:  The "Toothpick Eater" had his pitching staff threw so many pitches/innings last year that I could see that coming back and hurting "their young guns" in the long run.  Two examples are Wood and Zambrano; In this up comming season, I could see Wood's shoulder problems once again come back and put him on the DL for awhile.  With Zambrano, I started to notice his "wear and tear" in the playoffs, mainly against the Marlins.  Zambrano also looks like a guy who does not work out that much in the offseason, instead he probably sitts on his ass and yells/prays to the man whom he believes in all winter long!  To finish this paragraph off, Clement is just garbage!

Third:  Borowski is not going to be the dominate closer he was last year (That was a once in a lifetime experience, get over it!!!)

Fourthly:  Alou is on the merge of another injury-ridden season.  There is just no way Alou will stay healthy like he did last year.  As for Sosa, now that there has been a step-up in the battle on steriods, he will enter the season with arms finally smaller then his ego.  And if he doesnt, then he should get tested right away, in order to prove to everyony he is 100% natural!!!

Finally:  To end on this note, I cannot stand the "Cubune" anymore.  It seems that no matter what the Sox do, the only print on them is about a paragraph or two long (unless it is talking about how bad the Sox are going to be).  As for the Cubs, they could sign anyone, and there would be about four pages worth of print.  I dont know, I am just sick of it!

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

Now regarding your post. It would be great if it all happened the way you said it will. However, that is just speculation that everything that can go wrong will. But, then, we are talking about the Cubs, aren't we? Perhaps you have a point! :D

White Sox Fans:  Here is little "food for thought" on the signing of Maddux and the Cubs in general.

First:  Maddux coming to the Cubs is not going to make them World Series Champs.  In fact, it is not even going to get them to the World Series, and this is why.  Maddux last year went 15-11 with a 3 point something ERA.  In my eyes that is not the Maddux of old by any means.  The reason why is because, last year Maddux pitched in Atlanta, in a pitchers ballpark.  He is now coming to Chicago, and pitching in a hitters ballpark.  The way I see it, he is not going to win anymore games then 15 next year.

Second:  The "Toothpick Eater" had his pitching staff threw so many pitches/innings last year that I could see that coming back and hurting "their young guns" in the long run.  Two examples are Wood and Zambrano; In this up comming season, I could see Wood's shoulder problems once again come back and put him on the DL for awhile.  With Zambrano, I started to notice his "wear and tear" in the playoffs, mainly against the Marlins.  Zambrano also looks like a guy who does not work out that much in the offseason, instead he probably sitts on his ass and yells/prays to the man whom he believes in all winter long!  To finish this paragraph off, Clement is just garbage!

Third:  Borowski is not going to be the dominate closer he was last year (That was a once in a lifetime experience, get over it!!!)

Fourthly:  Alou is on the merge of another injury-ridden season.  There is just no way Alou will stay healthy like he did last year.  As for Sosa, now that there has been a step-up in the battle on steriods, he will enter the season with arms finally smaller then his ego.  And if he doesnt, then he should get tested right away, in order to prove to everyony he is 100% natural!!!

Finally:  To end on this note, I cannot stand the "Cubune" anymore.  It seems that no matter what the Sox do, the only print on them is about a paragraph or two long (unless it is talking about how bad the Sox are going to be).  As for the Cubs, they could sign anyone, and there would be about four pages worth of print.  I dont know, I am just sick of it!

Welcome aboard! :D

The NL Central is cetainly gonna hav sum gr8 pitchin battles now with Clemens, Pettite and Oswaly in Houston, Maddux, Wood and Prior in Cubville, and Morris and Williams in St. Louis. Good points on Borowski and Alou too, I don't think they'll hav as good season as they did last year as well. :o

One of the local papers here in Chicago called the Cubs starters "The 5 Golden Arms." Awww, come on now! That's just ridiculous. Are their starters good? Yes, but they're hardly "Golden" just yet. All this sugary, syrupy crap I keep reading and hearing is enough to make me vomit.

I wish that all the Cubs fans who keep calling up the sports radio stations, while they're dancing with glee and giddiness, would just remember that he is NOT the same Greg Maddux that they let go 11 years ago. He's now a 38-year-old pitcher who is losing his stuff, can't pitch more than 5-6 innings anymore, and has logged a TON of innings on that pitching arm. If he can duplicate his 16-11 record from a year ago, then God bless him. But to just assume that he will have a good season and vault them into the World Series is a little premature - yet typical and expected of Cubs fans.

There are no guarantees for any team in any season, but to listen to the Northside drones, you might as well just cancel the season and print the World Series tickets right now, since it's just a foregone conclusion that the Cubs are winning the pennant. Whatever. :nono

That's why they play the games. And I for one will be laughing my ass off when they hopefully fail to even make the playoffs. :cheers

I do not follow the Cubs. Who is Mad-duex replacing in their lineup? Tell it it isn't their 4th or 5th starter.  If he ius fitting into the 5th starter role, that is stout.

I believe Woody is man enough to give up his 2nd spot for Maddy.

Also, dusty would be smart to break up his two power throwes and a solf-tosser.

Maddux will be very good this upcoming year and will unfortunately outpitch Kerry Wood anyway.

Prior

Maddux

Wood

Zambrano

Clement

By far the best rotation in baseball. If one struggles, the ever-electric Cruz slides in. Wellmeyer and Guzman will be on the lookout as well.

I hope I am wrong and Cubs implode by April 10th.